Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Calanthian View Post
    One other thing: MZ you started developing the pig, but considering the situation I would have liked to see the horses developed first; to start making a chariot soon. At least we should have voted for it. The warrior moves of previous turn was another example.
    as i've said there was not enough input for the warrio moves and I had to finish the turn. Here i admit that i made the worker moves in haste.. later I realized that in current circumstances finishing the horse first might have worked better, sry about that.

I wil wait a bit for other inputs then, if no new plan is offered i will attack the barb, depending on the outcome we can decide what's next.

Comment

• OK.

These were intended as mild comments, as in all other aspects you are doing a great job!

And I know the urge to just make the moves.
      When I was the turnplayer I also made a hasty move as I was convinced it was the best one.

So really:
      No ill feelings here, not even close to that!

PS. Now just finish the pig, and then to the horse..
      Last edited by Calanthian; October 26, 2012, 04:26.

Comment

• we killed the barb warrior without hp lost, tough this had left our cap with two unhappy citiezens till next turn. since we hve lost no hp this time i did not start building an other warrior. In the west Apollo went on the way previously marked A1 and Diomedes will defend horse city.

Comment

• So, we're attacking?
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            So, we're attacking?
            we just did. now we have the same odds against the other warrio as last turn when we lost the battle.. let's see what happens this time.

Comment

• It's nice that you are enthusiastic and want to make moves so fast but maybe, just maybe, in the future you should wait until more than one other person votes. Just saying.

I mean I woke up early in the ****ing morning yet some how my vote didn't count yet only one other mother person had voted and yet you had already taken action. Yeah, that kind of makes me sad. It was the right call but it never the less was not your call to make.

Edited: Sorry about the tone. I'm currently trying to stop smoking and that makes me even more of an arse hole then usually. Or at least more likely to jump all over someone for something very minor. I'll try not to do that in the future.
              Last edited by Dinner; October 27, 2012, 13:55.

Comment

• Sorry, I always assume that 10-12 hours should be enough for those who wish to comment on something. i know it's not always the case.

(in this case I reported at 7:30 and moved in 18:20, and it was 3 votes to attack, there was no point waiting for more. if the attack had been unsuccesful we would had needed an other vote round so I did not wanted wait too long)
                Last edited by mzprox; October 26, 2012, 15:09.

Comment

• I am content with the outcome. Btw what happened with Belle with the lion or will we not know until next turn.
                  On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Mz, Dinner is right..

Please remember it is a democracy game. And this was clearly a situation which called for a vote.
                    That means the move should not be made until at least 5 have voted for it, or the deadline is only a few hours away.

That said, Dinner, you could be a bit more diplomatic..

Still I am pleased with the results

Comment

• This is why we need clear rules for voting...

and clear votes called if we're voting.

I didn't see a vote called, so I didn't vote. I'm fine with you guys handling this micro stuff, including handling barbs. 2c

Comment

• I listed the possible options, and everyone had the chance to offer others.
                        Waiting for 5 votes is not the best idea as there are hardly 5 peaople altogether who writes here and we had to discuss (and we still have time ) what to do next depnding on the outcome. 3 votes in that case must be enough.

and about clear rules: these are hard to define. Should a vote be calld to decide we chop this forest or that one? I might say we must chop this one because I like it better= fits in my development plan. But then it becomes less democratic. i don't really know how to handle these decisions. for example i decided to make a great scientist asap in aurora. I never put it up on vote, but it's clearly a big decision.
                        i usually try to exaplin what i'm doing and why, and for any decision form anyone i'd expect an explanation as well, and if possible a test game result.

anyway: from now on I will give at least 24h before moving. then you can ask questions, make suggestions and we can vote if necessary

Comment

• I sort of created this whole "democracy framework" for us that everyone sort of looked at, nodded, said, "that's nice DNK", a few complained, and then we all got on with things without agreeing to anything...

The basic idea was that either TP or the captain (or some petition) could call a vote but otherwise we were all just along for the ride, discussing and giving input but ultimately letting you guys make the final decisions. If something was important enough to vote on, someone would actually call a vote, create a thread for it, and we'd have deadlines and such for votes and a system of resolution.

Perhaps I was just ahead of my time

Comment

• Imo things are working well so far.

Re barb attack I think Mz did say what he was going to do unless there was a contrary opinion. With our small number of members that's a reasonable stance. I looked at the options but didn't see any significant alternative. Maybe I should have said agreed. I suppose my only question was regard chopping which forest, if need be.

I watch the game closely, if I think there is a need for a vote on serious issue I would say so. But that also implies I know what every move or build has been proposed.

We are still up there.
                            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0119.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	369.9 KB
ID:	9094047

We survived the attack this time, however we have an other problem.. In the west a barb warrior threatens our workers and even our city. we need to decide what to do.

one logical move is to move both of our warriors to the workers, that way we can't lose them, but it's an open field.
                              Apollo is woodsman 2, so no benefit from promo
                              Diomedes has combat I , but He is on 1,9 strength

We could also retreat into the city, but losing man worker turns that way

we could finish a road instead of a pasture so at least we can retreat next turn if the barb chooses not to attack but closing to the city.

worst outcome: we move our warrios there, the barb attacks and wins without losing too much hp, we can1t take it out since he still be on forest, we can't send reinforcement so it will have agood shot even destroying the city.
                              Bellerophon in the south survived the lion attack, but on low hp and need several turn to heal
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by mzprox; October 28, 2012, 01:38.

Comment

• Damn, it looks like the barbs are coming fast and thick. :/

Comment

Working...
                                X