No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many cannons do we have because cannons/arty wins wars?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• we have about 10 cannons in our stack, but we also have 16 machinegunners. Those can't attack, but quite well protect against us enemy cannons

Comment

• I missed the chance to pop in to look around. So await end of Maya turn now and our new one.

Yes it's getting interesting and very calculating towards the end game.

What's our assessment of Aztecs now?

In the last diplogame I was in, 2metro and Sommers struck a long term alliance with another team until there was just the two of them remaining.

They also enforced the terms of the agreement which ultimately cost the other team.

I can see it getting very interesting post Maya demise.

However Mzprox, you seem to be on top of the possibilities. So carry on.
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• I think winning this game through any peacefull victory type is close to impossible. Unfortunately we are not prepared to win culturally, cfc is in much better shape for that, but even then.. for one to win they need to go 100% culture, then we can answer going 100% money and buy as many ICBM-s as needed to eridicate them.. I think this game will be a nuke fest, I don't see any other way.. nukes and spies

Comment

• So where do Uciv (HRE) fit in. They have avoided wars and conflict and have offered financial support to whoever? Where next?

Comment

• Well, then. War and a nukefest is what we should prepare for instead of seeking for cultural/spacecraft victory. Can't complain when we're number 1 going into the endgame. Well done MzProx.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Hre is quite close to cfc, and this is the main reason Aztec considers cfc as their main rival. So while we have no sidekick like Aztec having maya and cfc having hre at least we are having quite good relations with both cfc and aztec and those two are likely to get into war with each other. The first 3 biggest power's military score btw within 1-2% of each other so the differences are insignificant. But right now cfc is building military units in about 75% of their cities while for us it is 0%-ok, this is because we just started building factories, but even before that we had 2-4 cities with military production.

Comment

• Then should we team up with Aztec? I've been saying all along that CFC is the top threat,
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I think we should not commit ourselves to any side yet. I had talk with aztec and we agreed that cfc + hre could be a big threat and that we should consider acting together. So it is a possibility. On the other hand right now Aztec is "fighting against us". By sending units to maya they hold back cfc, so we need to face maya alone. We might actually need to pull back from this war and maybe try again when we have air superiority. But whatever happens this war with maya could cost us a lot more thanks to aztec. It is also possible that if we broke the main mayan army aztec will grab some cities from maya denying us the conquest..
                    The best for us would be a bloody war between cfc+hre and aztec, however they know it would only make us stronger and neither of them could defeat the other.

Comment

• Breaking news:

Aztec has declared war on India(cfc)! while it looked like they are preparing for an attack, I did not think they actually would.. what's the point, they can't annihilate cfc..
                      Maya is retreating even further and soon will get the tech to upgrade their cuirs/knights to cavalries. Without cfc it is questionable whether we should continue this war now. maya id building up armies quite fast, the war will cost a lot. On the other hand if we leave maya alive they can harm us, if by nothing else but by their spies and that we would have to protect our borders with huge forces always. An other option if we get airforce and use it to get the advantage again.

Comment

• Hmm, can we disband some of their cities to create a buffer zone between them and us?

Comment

• we took six cities so far, and we can hardly take more and still be able to defend those we have. the military tab says maya has 64 rifles, 29 cannons, about 30 mounted units and there are troops we can not see so are not included in this. and it would take us 4-5 turns to get to the next city, by then they would have even more troops while we can't send significantly more right now. We could upgrade many of our rifles to infantries, or we could use that money to get aircrafts sooner. I think the second option is better

Comment

• I had a look and I can see the situation. 2 more Maya cities captured /razed might cripple them: that one being attacked by our Ironclads might be useful.

Yes we have quite a number of cities completing a Factory next turn but will they have enough hammers to work with?

How fast can we get Flight? even if we steal Physics. This seems crucial.

Comment

• Have to choose between 3 bad things:
                              1, defending what we got, and hold position: maya will get stronger, soon getting cavalries then probably machinegunners which could make the war much more costly

2, advancing while leaving good defense at home: if we don't send enough trrops maya can annihilate our army once he decide to attack.

3, advancing with almost everything, hoping maya will not get suddenly tactical: very risky that the mayan main army outmaneuver us while our army is struck within their borders. We could lose the cities we got so far and in worst case scenario they could destroy some of our original cities.

Right now I'm on path 3. I hope maya will wait with their attack until he can do the cavalry upgrades.I want to destroy the next two cities to clear the borders, but it will not be easy.

Comment

• How likely is it we can make peace?

Comment

Working...
                                X