No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the diplo-win option on? Wow..... yes, then Theo is a good choice!
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I like Theology. And am I right in assuming that Judaism hasn't been founded yet? It looks like that path is being entirely neglected by the others.

Also, for those making screenshots, can you turn on detailed city info and put the labels on resources? Thanks!
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0137.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	356.8 KB
ID:	9094193

judaism was just taken..

We finished masonry, we need to decide what to research next.

Comment

• Let's go for Theology and Christianity then for the Apostolic Palace.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• my recommendation is to go for monarchy and revolt to hereditary rule/slavery (we can switch two civic for one turn anarchy). we can get one of the religion later. we need to enter an other expansion phase, so need to produce workers/settlers by lots of chopping and soon slaving.

btw: india got judaism (they have hinduism too)
            Inca has 6 cities already
            the aztec city we found probably the taoist holy city.

Comment

• Thanks for the update.

Re: Copper I suggest 1 east of copper resource for new city.
              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Btw Mxprx

How do you determine those facts ?

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]172961[/ATTACH]

judaism was just taken..

We finished masonry, we need to decide what to research next.
                  This is why I wanted to be line to a religion so long ago. In MP you either do that or you don't get one and remain economically crippled because of it. You can't just meander around the tech tree like you do in SP so either we IMMEDIATELY dump everything and try for one of the remaining religions or we effectively choose not to have one.

The I want to get this and this before that and it will only take a dozen turns stuff just doesn't fly in MP. Bee line to Theology RIGHT NOW or just forget about a religion.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Gotta agree with Dinner there. If we're going to play builders, we ought to, like, commit to it or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules View Post
                      Btw Mxprx

How do you determine those facts ?
                      When a religion is founded we can see which civ got at least 6 points in that turn. But in this case India has already switched to judaism.
                      In he diplo screen we can see how many cities the others have (only for those we have met ofc). About the Taoist holy city: just a guess, but the aztec city we found had culture bump just now.

Now let me tell about our economic strategy and religion: No matter if we belinee to one or not: the chance is always there that we lose the race, if for nothing else then because we did not start with mysticism like half of our rival civs.
                      the 3 early religions are risky, the Oracle/CoL path is also risky. We could had try them, but we were not in the best position to get those. Now we know we could had got them if we wanted, but no one can see the future. So we went on a path which was safer. right now we have the biggest scientific capacity (with RB team being very close). I wouldn't worry too much about someone getting Philo or theology anytime soon.

I suggest we go for monarchy now and use the happyness from military units instead of religion/temples. Then we can go for code of laws and philo

Comment

• BTW there is no doubt someone already bee lining to Theology so I'd say our best bet is to try for Toaism/pacificism. Yes, you're absolutely right it is a worse religion to get because it's on a technological dead end on the tech tree but, guess what? We screwed around with junk for so long it's really the only realistic shot we have now. Sure, we can try to win the race to Theology but I have a feeling that's where everyone else who cares about religion is already going for. At best I'd give us a 1 in 3 chance of getting theology first at this point but I might be wrong.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Philo/Taoism is not a dead end at all. it's needed for liberalism which we are definately going for.

Theo in itself about 17 turns rsearch (Philo is 25)-not counting the prereq techs. so unlikely anyone would go for those unless hey think they can't exist w/o religion (btw I think so far only two civs have religion, India and Aztec).

The best/shortest way for religion for us is o go on: Meditation/priesthood/Code of laws/Alphabet-->bulbing philosophy
                          We could get there in between 25 and 30 turns, and we would be using the 3rd GS for that bulbing.

If we go on the path I suggest we would first go for monarchy.

We could also go for for theology, but it's a long path too.

Comment

• lightbulbing philo is one of my SP/MP paths and I like it.
                            The apostolic palace is also interesting, but with other civs already being on that path either I think that our odds there are smaller.

Let's go for Monarchy, COL, alphabet and math, and then lightbulb philo.
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• But with civs choosing that route they are atm foregoing other paths.

Comment

• Btw I hope our relations with the Aztecs is progressing, they have 3 warriors in the vicinity of our single Belle explorer. Have we decided in which direction he should now move?

Comment

Working...
                                X