Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
    I proposed the second city to be built NW of the oasis in the south. The reason is that we can turn this city into a productive one very fast. and relatively close to the core.
    If we build it on the hill we would get a cow, a sheep, an oasis, and incense. It would have five desert tiles though. Personally, I think it is a good pick but after it I would like to see us pick up the fur especially since the incense won't be any good until we get calendar.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• New turn:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0158.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	360.9 KB
ID:	9094263

Comment

• I looked in. it looks relatvely good- no barbs, no attacking civs. We wil have 2 new settlers, 1 next, 1 after. A library.

But we are seriously falling short on the Diplomacy side.

We have 2 chariots ripe for frontier exploration/ protection.

Our Neighbours, the Inca seem to be attacked by WPC, aggessively.

What to do?
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• We need 1 chariot (or scout) going south and another heading east so we can view WTF is going on over in the Inca lands. We must do this while still defending our homeland against barbarian raiders. BTW the Inca warrior is a threat to us and who ever is in charge of diplomacy needs to inform them that we'd like their unit to go away in a polite way.

Next topic, why is our tiny worker corp not already building the road towards the bronze? That should be the priority. We're going to need not less than three axemen ASAP and we're going to need 2-3 more workers. We don't have enough workers to keep up with what needs to be done and we need to send those chariots off to explore but we can't do that until the axemen are built. Or if people prefer we can build one scout (they're cheap) and send one scout to the south and a chariot to the east.

Comment

• update:

you can see our workboat, we can go south as planned to connect our trade lines o the Inca, but no diplo agrement yet about open borders. Or we may decide to go north and meet whoever lives there.

Next picture shows the location of our copper city, two workers are making road at the moment. just in the tun our city is founded we already will have road on the copper and very soon fter we will have it imporved. (The incan warrior is somewhere in the mist.

In the following picture we are ready to expand, we have a settler in aurum hich according to current plan will move nw of the oasis (where we have a chariot standing). One western worker will connect this new city in the same turn it's founded.

In the last picture you can see that Belle has turned back as we decided.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0159.JPG
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	9094266Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0160.JPG
Size:	306.8 KB
ID:	9094268Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0161.JPG
Size:	361.6 KB
ID:	9094270Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0162.JPG
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	9094272

Comment

• * Workboat: proceed as planned, when made contact with Inca, then (perhaps) turn back north.
              * Did we offer open borders to Inca (in game) ?

Comment

• i did not offer open border becuse I think our diplomats should make this kind of agreement out of game. Just like their turn player is probably not authorized to accept such a deal w/o consent.

Comment

• I still would do it, in three consecutive turns. This gives them time to discuss it..

Refer to our diplo message.
                  If they accept we will soon get extra cash (the moment the workboat arrives).
                  And they need good relations, as they are in a war right now.

(risk=0, reward=great: so this action should be a no brainer)

Comment

• Indeed.

Comment

• I like the screen shots as they really help to keep track of what is happening in game.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0164.JPG
Size:	277.0 KB
ID:	9094283

A new city has been founded. (we will have an other, the copper city in the following turn)
                        our chariots are exploring a bit in the south.
                        we found marble!
                        shall we change our strategy and grab it somehow?..

Comment

• This is better, we have a more information about the west and south and it looks good from our point of view.
                          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Do we have a move left for the chariot? If we do then we should use his promotion and attack the barb other wise the barb might take out our chariot (possible though not likely). Either way we should use the promotion to give him an extra edge. We do want the marble but right now it is look kind of far away so maybe something that far out should wait until after we have CoL? As long as we're talking about future city placement something in the east near the wine and the sheep would be good as it is closer to the capital and still gets us a luxury item but we'll need to explore that area a bit more just to see what is there.

Also we know that area has another civ kind of close so we should prioritize that so we can grab and good stuff before the Inca do. Maybe wait until the bronze city has a defender and then use the chariot to explore to the east while the other two chariots continue south and southwest? What do you guys think?

Comment

• The chariots can not move now.
                              i'm not sure it's worth giving it a promotion before the fight, it has 99% chance to win, +10% strength wouldn't change it much and we can use the promotion to heal faster after the fight. (it has 4 xp though so it will get an other promotio after the fight).
                              Godd news that we can see the incan warrior again. it's exploring the coast north of our capital, which means they too want trade routes. I believe they will ask for open borders in 3-4 turns, and since we couldn't use the benefit of the trade routes for at least 7-8 more turns I suggest let's wait for them to ask .

I sent the chariots south because you guys wanted and our land seems secured for now (let's hope we have at least 6-7 more turns before more advanced barbs show up).
                              i think the western chariot should go S-SW, the other must remain near our new city just in case.

Comment

• maintenance cost is really cripling btw.. we already pay 25 gold/turn (we stable only at 50% research) and next turn we will have a new city, +6-7 extra gold to pay. slavery will cost 2-3 gold/turn more. We are already paying for extra units though we don't have too many (we could had more for 1g/turn each).

After monarchy we will go for sailing for extra trade income.
                                after that we should consider currency. extra trade route, the ability to build wealth: both can help us considerably

Comment

Working...
                                X