No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly, I'd rather not waste the time and money on warriors and would rather spend the time and money building some axemen as they'd be far more useful.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• No I agree with Mzprox, build cheap warrior policemen while we still have the opportunity. Later then can be upgraded.
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• i made serious tunings with production in order to get monarchy one turn earlier (for this we have to sacrifice some production, but I think we get that back since we can start slaving one turn earlier. (I hope I calculated everything right, because after two turns we will have exactly 0 gold and should get monarchy, but it's quite border line )

Comment

• Our next city should be near the wine to take advantage of Monarchy. How many warriors will we build and how long will it take?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            Our next city should be near the wine to take advantage of Monarchy. How many warriors will we build and how long will it take?
            I think it's a good idea to go for the wine instead of the fur. better expand east while the inca doesn't. Now it seems just one warrior in horse city, so not big deal. In two turns we revolt ot slavery and after that we will have access to bronze so we can start building some axemen.

Comment

• We'll be going to slavery and monarchy, right? I don't believe we have organized religion yet, is that true?

Comment

• no org religion..not even religion..

Comment

• some pictures:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0169.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	219.0 KB
ID:	9094314Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0170.JPG
Size:	368.3 KB
ID:	9094316Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0171.JPG
Size:	386.0 KB
ID:	9094318

Everything looks good, we have to maximize science to get monarchy in the next turn. The barb in the sw still did not attack our chariot which continued its journey (I will keep exploring the coast in case we find someone whom we can trade with.) It's a very nice city place btw.

Comment

• At least there are no barbarians in sight. I guess we do need those warriors now since three cities have no defenders.

Comment

• I don't really like that the inca warrior will enter our territory and will see our land. They might even get jelaous. Maybe we should tell them to turn back. if they just want trrade routes they can already have them with our new eastern city.

Comment

• Well I think we can also explore their territory and maybe meet their foes, WPC? NA.

Also don't we have a NAP pact with them.?

Comment

• I had a look around and it is going well imo. At long last Port Boreas expands in 2 turns and we have a new workboat ready to exploit the fish resource.

I also took a look at Belle's progress north. Fine. But to the western edge of Belle's position you can clearly see an area of coast. So I am guessing there is a significant piece of water between us and the Aztecs.

Comment

• That sounds like a good place to make the border if we can expand that far south. It would be very far from our capital though.

Comment

• We have dicovered hereditary rule, and since there was no visible threat it was a good time for revolution 8into monarchy and slavery).
                              I think I can safely say that Queen Elizabeth is the world's first true monarch.

As youi can see on the pictures that barb warrior which did not attack our chariot still follows us.
                              question what to do:
                              attack him for 1 xp (which is good because we are at (4/5), but that would slow us down (1 turn+healing) or
                              just contnue the exploration

We have found an inca port city, we can get sailing in about 4 turns and then we can benefit from increased trade.

I made apicture of Belle's progress. you can suggest what to do with him.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0172.JPG
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	9094333Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0173.JPG
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	9094335Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0174.JPG
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	9094337

Comment

• Let's kill the barb to get the experience and to make sure he doesn't wander back to our civ where he might cause trouble. Do we have anything we can trade to the Inca? Maybe an extra cow? As for Bell we should just have him continue chipping away at the black area and if necessary follow the coast. Slowly but surely we'll figure out what this map looks like.

Comment

Working...
                                X