• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NAP= Non aggression pact.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Duh. OK, got it. Thanks.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

BTW those are some real interesting saved games, I don't think I could play as well as that. It looks like we've narrowed our city choices down to one of two locations. What do people want to do so we can compare fairly between the two? Where and when we found our first city seems like one of the biggest decisions in the whole game.

Comment

We decided to play on until T75 and then decide for a starting city.

Then we can finetune the chosen scenario.

Comment

I'd love to see you guys tackle the other person's spot too. Otherwise we don't truly know if we are assessing the strength of the starting position or the strength of the player (i.e. all the decisions made after the capitol is founded).
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

i've replayed (similary ) the SIP start. I built the library in t43, at turn 50 i had bigger pop, but was behind in worker improvements and a little bit in science. all in all very similar.

about the t75 comparsion. it's not fair to the warrior start because it has already outgrown the starting area, but i did not built the map aroud the starting place, so it's awfully empty. it's quite impossible that we start without luxury and in my last gameplay my third settler is ready in t49, so my 4th city would onnect a luxury, allowing me to start slaving.

Comment

That's ok, but I'd love to see all others challenging us too

The main difference between the two play throughs is early tech & growth ("in place") vs. early prod & growth ("warrior start").

Comment

MZ can we talk online in Gods & Heroes, then we can discuss how to come to a decision..

The SIP reaps it's results later, so I agree with you that it's hard to compare.

Comment

ok

Comment

* Perhaps we could place one single, reachable, happiness resource outside the core area
                      * And I expect there will be one Copper resource within the core area
                      So I propose to add these to the map (for comparison reasons only) and then do one other play through..

Comment

I played mzprox's scenario through, step-by-step and..

I am completely convinced this is the way to go. Very elegant gameplay, everything falls into place, just in time.
                        Mz, I wouldn't change a single thing until T50, except I would replace the second build ( a warrior ) for a scout.
                        (and yes I know your position on it)

This is the step-by-step walkthrough Mz sent me. Play it and learn

techs: Hunting-AH-pottery-mining-BW
                        (t47)-writing

build order:
                        first city: worker-war-war-settler -worker- settler-worker--worker or settler

worker turns: farm corn
                        1 turn spent farming banana (cancel)
                        move to deer and build camp
                        move to forest 1 SE cow
                        pasture cow
                        build road 1 sw cow
                        build road on corn (finish it before moving settler to the hill)
                        continue farm on banana (second worker will help finishing it)
                        then cottage spam with the two workers working together
                        (first the grasland next to second city, then the floodplains)

important notes: just before the camp gets ready on deer the city works the +3 food tile instead of deer for exactly two turns. at pop 3 the city
                        must work on the +3 food tile and not on the cow. Benchmark: city grows to pop4 with no food overflow, warrior gets ready in the same turn with 2 hammers overflow. start building settlers. building settler at pop3 is a bit better in science, but behind in producion, so i prefer the pop4 settler.

Comment

Thanks, Cal. I can be convinced to build a scout after the worker, we can put it up on a vote and see what other thinks. I think we agree that the first warrior stays at home in case someone would directly send his warrior to our direction. we can still use it to go around our borders a bit.

Comment

It sounds like we have our city location and a good idea of what our first few moves should be.

Comment

If the map is 80 x 100, I get first contact at 6 squares from the start position, assuming equal distribution. So, yeah, we'll be getting early contact.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I agree with MX Prox and his save. Wow. It's amazing what you can do when you know what you are doing.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X