No announcement yet.

Domination of Barbarians [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmmm so I see everyone except China has played.

Based on the above comments... Rather than have a situation where theturn auto-rolls and Netherlands gets one Player v. AI shot at the German capital before a sub can take control, I am taking the game down now, so the sub, if any can take over BEFORE the turn rolls, thus protecting the German capital.

As an aside, the German player did follow some of the proper procedure of resigning. He did not ask for CTT, but no one ever has yet, and we have not done CTT for any other player who left the game. Whether or not he looked for a sub, several players have failed to look for subs before leaving. Subs are hard to find, believe me. I just don't want too much more of this accusing the German player of "resigning improperly". He was far more considerate of the rules than most of the players who have left.

Anyway, I am very gratified that there is so much support for keeping Germany in the game! You guys make me happy

We will get a final decision on what is going to happen in the next two days, and i will post what happens next with the rules and everything else. Feel free to comment, PM me etc... Thanks everyone for your patience.

Comment

• Any volunteers for taking over Germany as a temp sub should PM me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Netherlands (DoB) View Post
        The problem is France taking over means a former friend (Germany) is replaced by France and now I am surrounded by France who hates me (for no reason).
        Our close borders spark tensions. You declared war on us (several times). I'm sure there are a few other negative in-game modifiers but you get the idea. It would be interesting to see what the in-game French attitude would be towards Netherlands (game is down at the moment) however regardless France is officially neutral towards Netherlands now that reparations have been made.

Comment

• I'd volunteer China just as they are a far away and there is less chance of conflict of interest. France, I don't think you would use Germany in a way that was unsportsmanlike, but I know that would certainly be the perception and it would complicate relations.

Comment

• I think a new sub for Germany should be completely new to the region, and not part of any previous alliances / relationships. (that excludes most players in the game)

The sub which has the least relationships with Germany's neighbours is the one I prefer. So China would be excellent.
            Last edited by Spain (DoB); January 21, 2013, 10:26.
            La República de Catalunya sempre en els nostres cors

Comment

• Originally posted by Sommerswerd View Post
              Cold Turkey Time (CTT) will start at the end of the current turn

Comment

• Let me repeat again what a great group you guys are ! Multiple subs have stepped up. This should be really great for the game. I am truly honored to be playing this game with you guys.

So with all the volunteers, hopefully we can end this CTT very soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sommerswerd View Post
                  Let me repeat again what a great group you guys are ! Multiple subs have stepped up. This should be really great for the game. I am truly honored to be playing this game with you guys.

So with all the volunteers, hopefully we can end this CTT very soon.
                  I'm Harald Hardrada and I approve this message

Comment

• Game is still down right?

Comment

• I just need to hear back from one person I sent a PM to. Everyone else has responded favorably (Thanks guys )

Once the last guy responds, we can start the game back up.

Comment

• Sorry I'm not sure if you are waiting for me but I just tried to play my turn and the game is down. Not much going on in China and it was a busy day on Sunday so didn't have a chance to play. I don't have a private message but I have no interest in playing another CIV but would play Germany temporarily without story postings, if it means the game continues.

Comment

• Almost ready to start the game back up. Here is the update:

This is how we will handle a player resigning. There are 3 possibilities. -

1. The player contacts me in advance by PM to let me know they are resigning (or disappears with no explanation) and under the circumstances Cold Turkey Time (CTT) is not wanted/needed/helpful. We will get a sub for their Civ and play will continue uninterrupted. Measured War etc is unaffected because play was not interrupted. As an FYI, this is how subs have usually been handled.

2. The player resigns in-game but a sub is available. We will stop play with a short CTT to resolve the situation. If there is an available willing sub, we will reload to the closest available and convenient point before they resigned in-game, the sub takes over, and play play will continue as if they never left. Measured War etc is unaffected because we reloading to before they resigned and we are acting as if the Civ never resigned. This is how we will handle the current situation.

3. The player resigns in-game and NO sub is available. We will stop play with a short CTT to try and resolve the situation. But, if there is no available sub, the host will announce that the Civ is being made a permanent AI, and play will continue with the Civ remaining AI. From that point on, nothing that happened previously can be used as a basis for that Civ to invoke Measured War later. If a player emerges after that to take over the Civ, they can not invoke Measured War against Civs they are already at War with, nor can they get back cities (or penalties for cities) that were taken before they took the Civ over. They can invoke Measured War against Civs that declare War AFTER they take over (which means they get peace with Civs that declared War before they took over) and they can get cities back that are taken AFTER they take over, including cities taken by Civs they were already at war with when they took over.

I am adding the above as an amendment to the resignation rules so we all have it for reference.

Comment

• France objects to rule 2 and the proposed reload of the game prior to the resignation since this affects everyone and is contrary to rule 2.9.

2.9. Reloads affect everyone. No player is ever unilaterally entitled to a reload regardless of circumstances. Reloading is always a last resort.
                            It is hard to see why such a reload is necessary under the current circumstances since no cities have been lost since Germany was turned to an AI so it is not a last resort. The only affect that this reload will have is to undo the declaration of war by Netherlands and the gifting of 2 chariots by HRE to Germany both of which can easily be undone in game.

Comment

• Game has been restarted from German Autosave, which restores the game to just before Gemany resigns. I am sending login info to all Civs that need new logins. I have to go to work now so I will post a longer post later.

Comment

• Unable to send PM's until 10 posts have been made....

Please excuse the following spamming.

Comment

Working...
                                X