No announcement yet.

Domination of Barbarians [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netherlands ... if by conflicted I disturbed you then I have suceeded. It will get much darker in the near future once I get online. Someone else is playing my turn for a short duration.

Just installing the game again now - someone please confirm the version of the game when you start. I found this patch to be the latest
    3.19 at this site: http://www.firaxis.com/support/suppo...eid=16&patch=1

Comment

• ok back in the game after some issues with min requirements not met ... required that I run in windows mode with the task bar hidden. turned off the custom screen size n civ4.ini

Comment

• I invite anyone who is playing Gods & Heroes to use this thread:

to communicate until the game thread is back up.

Also, don't forget that if this thread goes down, you can still use your Civstats "Diplomacy" tab to communicate with any Civ that has enabled it on Civstats.

Comment

• @ China.

I am curious as to the extent of your warfare against the barbs. I listed mine in the story thread. They are taken from the statistics page. The numbers rise every turn.

I gather we are the two civs most exposed, and maybe Russia as well.

How about in Africa?

Comment

• We are similar in our fight with the barbarians. Fortunately their heads are better boiled with dog, so my men are well fed.

Confirmed Barbarian bands killed in action:

6 Animals
            117 Warriors
            33 Axemen
            30 Spearmen
            37 Archers

Grand total 223 as of 150 AD

Comment

• Originally posted by China (DoB) View Post
              We are similar in our fight with the barbarians. Fortunately their heads are better boiled with dog, so my men are well fed.

Confirmed Barbarian bands killed in action:

6 Animals
              117 Warriors
              33 Axemen
              30 Spearmen
              37 Archers

Grand total 223 as of 150 AD

Comment

• Somebody sent me a very long in-game message starting with "please". It was skipped by the game so I do not know who sent it or what was stated in the message. Please use PM for longer messages to avoid losing them.
                http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/r...psddd79ffc.jpg

Comment

• I like the OP to Thread #10 Sommerswerd!
                  http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/r...psddd79ffc.jpg

Comment

• Is it possible to play at a slightly lower speed?

For me it is taking a bit from the fun of the game.. as it is sometimes a chore to get the turns in..
                    La República de Catalunya sempre en els nostres cors

Comment

• I would not mind adding a couple hours to the turn myself, but I am also OK with staying as is.
                      "In the service of Netherlands, always" - Captain Eriksen, Royal Netherlands Navy

Comment

• Turn time works fine as it is for me.

One other thing Sommer, could you change the leader title from Lord Chieftain to King Brennus?
                        The ceremony was not elaborate but it was done nonetheless.
                        Thank you in advance.

Comment

• Now is the time to vote for the December Diploscore winner.

You can send your vote to me by PM or use this program to vote
                          http://www.warner-home.com/DoB/ , but please dont use both as it is a little confusing to sort out.

Each Civ has 5 points TOTAL to allocate anyway you choose, except you can not vote for yourself. Remember that is 5 points total, not 5 for each Civ. So you can give 1 point to five different Civs or 5 points to one Civ or anything in between. If you don't vote there is no penalty, but you can't use the votes later.

Remember don't be a scummy double voter and please don't vote for yourself if you are subbing for anyone (for example, if China is casting votes for China and Japan, then Japan should not be voting for China, and China should not be voting for Japan).

As usual, we will leave the voting open all month, and announce the results at the end of the Month at the same time that we open the voting for next month. That way everyone gets plenty of time to read, catch up, notice that voting is going on etc. I will send everybody a PM.

Happy Voting

Most Importantly, Here is the current Leaderboard:

Japan = 61

Netherlands = 56
                          France = 46
                          England = 35
                          China = 33
                          Celtia = 23
                          Spain = 19

Arabia = 17
                          Russia = 17
                          Rome = 13
                          Byzantium = 11
                          Ottomans = 11
                          Portugal = 10
                          Vikings = 8

Greece = 5
                          Persia = 3

Holy Roma = 1

Here are the Final Results of the November voting:

Spain = 12
                          Netherlands = 6
                          Russia = 6
                          England = 5
                          France = 4
                          Japan = 3
                          Rome = 2
                          Arabia = 2

As a recap Here are the Final Results of the prior voting:
                          October: Russia = 9, England = 9, France = 5, Celtia = 4, Japan = 3, Netherlands = 3, Portugal = 2, Arabia = 1, Byzantium = 1, China = 1, Greece = 1, Ottomans = 1
                          September: Netherlands=12, China=9, Celts=7, England=6, France=5, Japan=5, Greece=3, Portugal=2, Arabia=1
                          August: China = 8, Portugal = 4, Japan = 3, Netherlands = 3, England = 1, Ottomans = 1, France = 1, Russia = 1, Greece = 1, Holy Roma = 1, Spain = 1
                          July: Japan = 14, Netherlands = 12, China = 6, Byzantines = 5, France = 4, England = 3, Ottomans =2, Celts =2, Rome=1, Russia =1
                          June: Japan = 24, Netherlands = 6, Rome = 2, France = 2, Portugal = 2, Arabia = 1, England = 1, Vikings = 1, China = 1
                          May 2012: France = 15, Arabia = 9, Rome = 8, Celtia = 6, Netherlands = 6, England = 4, Byzantium = 4, Japan = 5, China = 3, Persia = 3, Vikings = 2
                          April 2012 - France: 11, Netherlands: 8, Ottomans: 7, England: 6, Spain: 6, China: 5, Vikings: 5, Celtia: 4, Japan: 4, Arabia: 3, Byzantium = 1

Congrats to Japan, the score leader . Well done everyone and keep it up!

Comment

• @ Sommerswerd:

in your monthly story thread kick off you write:

The situation is not improving as more and more nations like Japan and Catalunya join in the conspiracy against France.
                            You present this as a fact; while it certainly isn't.
                            Please keep these posts neutral, and remember that the ones who is writen about cannot react in-game to these posts, as there isn't a game persona to react to.

1) There is no conspiracy against France, or at least none I am aware of.
                            2) Catalunya is trading lots of units across the globe. And the event this line is referring to is another example of such a trade transaction. Fair enough France closed it's borders against me to prohibit these transactions, but that doesn't mean we have ill intentions towards them.
                            La República de Catalunya sempre en els nostres cors

Comment

• Originally posted by Spain (DoB) View Post
                              You present this as a fact; while it certainly isn't.
                              Please keep these posts neutral, and remember that the ones who is writen about cannot react in-game to these posts, as there isn't a game persona to react to.

1) There is no conspiracy against France, or at least none I am aware of.
                              2) Catalunya is trading lots of units across the globe. And the event this line is referring to is another example of such a trade transaction. Fair enough France closed it's borders against me to prohibit these transactions, but that doesn't mean we have ill intentions towards them.
                              Thanks Catalunya... One thing though, you can (and should) put this response in story form in the Story thread. This has come up before, but I deleted the PM I sent so I can't repost it so I will just repeat it here that the OP is not, and is never intended to be "neutral." I figured out almost immediately that no matter what I put in the OP, someone will say that its not objective or its biased against them in some way. So rather than dump the OP altogether (which I don't care to do because I enjoy writing them) I decided that I would go the other way, and make it an editorial. So don't look for neutrality in the OP, because it won't be there. I will almost always be going over the threads and reflecting the moods and arguments of the posters themselves based on whatever I find most compelling to talk about.

Accordingly, you are free to respond to the OP of a story thread if you want to refute, dispute, or deny the so-called "facts" contained therein. Players have done so in the past in very colorful and entertaining fashion. You (and everyone else) should feel perfectly free to publish denials and condemnations of any OP that you feel casts your Civ in a false light. Just do it in the Story Thread.

In fact I remember Catalunya refuting claims I made in the OP already (about Spain coining money), so you have done this before, and I encourage you to do so again, IC/story form. Again, there is nothing sacrosanct or sacred about the OP. Don't treat it as canon, treat it as you would any other story post. If you disagree with it, speak up! Just do it in story-form.

The OP is meant to provoke responses and discussion, while giving a (sometimes controversial and inflammatory) overview of the situation. Think of it as a traveling storyteller, or a playwright rather than a historian... or for a moder nday equivalent, an Op-Ed or tabloid newspaper, rather than a regular Newspaper. When people read the OP, I want them to say "What?!?... "Oh H#lls Naw, I can't let that slide, I have to respond, or investigate whether that is true!" rather than..."Oh that's nice... I already knew that"

Comment

• Another thought... I encourage Spain (or anyone else who cares to) to present us with your objective, neutral, fair, and balanced history every month to counter my OP propaganda every month (Your CNN to my MSNBC/FOX News as it were). Or you can just counter my propaganda with your own... Whichever you find more entertaining

Comment

Working...
                                X