No announcement yet.

Destruction of Foes (DoF) - Diplogame Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't suppose everyone had an hour or two this weekend to try to knock out some of these early turns?
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Not at a reasonable hour, sorry.

Comment

• Uploaded with ImageShack.us
        And so it is that King Philippos looked over the hill, and saw the Grain fields in front of him and said

"It's a natural grace
        Of watching young life shape
        It's in minor keys
        Solutions and remedies
        Enemies becoming friends
        When bitterness ends"

This is our Land
        This is where we truly reign
        As of today
        "WE ARE THE GODS!"

Comment

• Section I: Carthage Formed After The Model Of Tyre, Of Which That City Was A Colony

The Carthaginians were indebted to the Tyrians, not only for their origin, but their manners, language,
          customs, laws, religion, and the great application to commerce.

They spoke the same language with the Tyrians, and these the same with the Canaanites and Israelites,
          that is the Hebrew tongue, or at least a language which was entirely derived from it.

Their names had commonly some particular meaning: thus Hanno signified gracious, bountiful; Dido amiable, or well beloved; Sophonisba, one who keeps faithfully her husband's secrets.

From a spirit of religion, they likewise joined the name of God to their own, conformably to the genius of the Hebrews. Hannibal, which answers to Ananias, signifies Baal (or the Lord) has been gracious to me. Asdrubal, answering to Azarias, implies the Lord will be our succor. It is the same with other names, Adherbal, Maharbal, Mastanabal, etc. The word Poeni, from which Punic is derived, is the same with Phoeni or Phoenicians, because they came originally from Phoenica.
          Last edited by Carthage (DoF); June 26, 2011, 13:35.
          Trade is the name of the game..

Comment

• Thanks for the story thread..
            Trade is the name of the game..

Comment

• I have a bit of a nagging question here. I thought that all the civs started away from each other. How come I've met the Ottoman's warrior unit like 2 tiles from my borders on the second or third turn? Is everyone going to be this close, or just the two of us? I thought we all had room to expand for a bit freely, but it seems like me and the Otts are going to be in direct competition for our second city site if we're really this close...

Comment

• Some civs are closer than others.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                  Some civs are closer than others.
                  It's better to have a good neighbour than a far away friend

Comment

• Yeah, I'm not sure about the East as I think Ozzy did that portion of the map, but I had most starts spaced pretty well. Apparently, Ozzy says some people are close.

Comment

• Starting locations can also be close in one direction. If both nations 'expand towards each other' you get contact quickly, but doesn't mean there isn't a lot of free space in other directions.

Comment

• I'm leaving for a 2 weeks vacation.
                        Everything should work like usual, and if not then I should be able to login to my server from my vacation as well.

I'll just be a tad bit slower and respond many hours later.
                        Please anybody just pauses the game if needed so that I can act when I'm available later.
                        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Have a great time!

And a lot of topless chicks too, as it seems here we wont have them

Comment

• Originally posted by Russia (DoE) View Post
                            Hey I have a hot chick as my neighbour ... maybe she is topless too?

Comment

• Originally posted by Russia (DoE) View Post
                              Have a great time!

I'll ask my 7 months pregnant wife and my 4 years old son and 3 years old daughter if they don't mind that I'll bring a couple of topless chicks along.
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                                I'll ask my 7 months pregnant wife and my 4 years old son and 3 years old daughter if they don't mind that I'll bring a couple of topless chicks along.
                                That shows a dangerous lack of judgement, or an unusual wife. Best to keep these things quiet :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X