No announcement yet.

Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's kind of difficult to give exactly 20 points with a 5point maximum per player, especially if only a handful actually post, and one happens to post way more than the rest in one of the categories. Not naming any names, but if I feel like one player deserves 4x the score of the rest, I can't quite do that without randomly handing out 1pt to non-posting players.

Comment

• Not posting players are too blame for that.
      I'm trying to improve myself. I'm sorry.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Yes, life has been getting in the way a bit, America will redouble its efforts, apologies! I did vote though
        So I go, and do what I can ~ Dwight 'Diplo' Eisenhower

Comment

• Results Month 01
          Results Month 02
          Results Month 03a
          Results Month 03b
          Results Month 04a
          Results Month 04b

Comment

• Let's be in time for at least once!

Comment

• So... not to be whiney Mr. Sour grapes, especially when I did well with the voting, but I am really curious what is the basis on which people vote. It is pretty obvious that the Inca were the greatest this month, I am glad to see them recognized for their contributions, but past that I am rather confused. Why was Germany a better role player this month than England? What criteria do people use for the role playing category? I understand Mongolia hasn't posted at all and probably doesn't engage with people much diplomatically, so they should get nothing for story telling, but by declaring war on China (the war is still going on, right?) they should get some good roleplaying attention.

As for stories, why so many points to France? They wrote a couple very short posts all from their leader (former leader?) dreaming of world affairs. Why is that worth twice the number of votes as the Ottomans? I appreciate how the French posts used symbolism a bit (references to the Eagle, etc) but generally it seemed like a fairly weak showing compared to the Ottomans. Heck, I invested a lot of time into these stories and only had 5 more votes than the French. This whole month they probably wrote as much as I did in any one of my posts.

I understand the complaint that it was a very weak month overall and tough to assign points when plenty of civs didn't deserve much, but that doesn't explain why France did so much better than the Ottomans or why Arabia got more story points than America when America posted and the Arabs didn't!

Again, I don't mean to complain, but with dwindling participation in the storytelling in this game I think a proper reward for good work is essential. If all you have to do for votes is throw in a random picture now and then with a one-sentence caption, or put in a small handful of terse, bland posts, then I think more people won't bother with the more elaborate (and interesting) posts and get by with less. If they post at all.

Comment

• Story voting is becoming pointless with so few stories and many still not even voting. Inca and England are working hard on story but I'm holding back as there is little response or interaction with several story points I planted seeds for...

Role playing is strong and votes are coming for ig messages and PM's (not just the thread). I remain concentrated in this area.

NOTE: The Vikings have posted nothing but they are very busy with ig messages and PM's. India too is strong on direct communication as is Israel. France use to be...

I think the role playing is the most important aspect of the game as it integrates with the game mechanics. Story telling could be good if all participated and stories were integrated but it's barely happening.

It's become a diplo-lite game I'm afraid.

Best not to question on what criteria others use for voting. We all have our own perspectives.

The danger with this type of analysis is that secret diplomacy starts to get revealed.
                The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

• Kind of sucks for T4 players who didn't have a shot at RP points for a solid third of the game, no?

Comment

• Sure, I agree and with little competition in the stories you should do well
                    The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

• I think for some the game is more interesting than the story-writing. I know that I am very caught up in playing my turns and the diplomacy. As for story-writing, I simply do not have the time and energy to devote a lot of thought in effort into it. I did make one (I felt) good post though.

Comment

• I agree that the storytelling is a lot of work, but I enjoy it, and I am finding this game more enjoyable then I originally thought I would. I agreed to join the game thinking that it would just be a typical CIV pitboss where I could just log in, play and log out, so imagine my surprise to find out how involved this type of game is... I remember thinking "Oh no, what have I gotten myself into?" Still, I am enjoying this experience with all of you and I plan on doing my best to make the game more fun for everyone. I guess everyone finds different parts of the game interesting. I for one find all of it interesting and fun.
                        Mexico Emerges as a New Player on the International Stage - Mexico City Times

Comment

• Originally posted by Ottoman Empire (DoE) View Post
                          I agree that the storytelling is a lot of work, but I enjoy it, and I am finding this game more enjoyable then I originally thought I would. I agreed to join the game thinking that it would just be a typical CIV pitboss where I could just log in, play and log out, so imagine my surprise to find out how involved this type of game is... I remember thinking "Oh no, what have I gotten myself into?" Still, I am enjoying this experience with all of you and I plan on doing my best to make the game more fun for everyone. I guess everyone finds different parts of the game interesting. I for one find all of it interesting and fun.
                          Great to have you on board.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• FYI, Aztecs haven't played in a week. Everyone else seems to be ok.

Comment

• Greetings all. I am just now getting settled back into my home PC. Was away on vacation, and then looking after my sister-in-laws place with its very poor internet connection for a week and a half- I kept timing out to play this game. And then a funeral for my brother-in-laws Mom, followed by Mom's large birthday celebration on the weekend, and, and busy with preparations for my own wedding.

My apologies for not posting much. I am getting back into the swing of things now.

Would the other players and the powers that be let me cast my vote late? I appreciate that it will mean you know how I voted, but that is OK by me.

btw - it does not look good for Genevieve. She took a turn for the worse.

Comment

• I guess that's a 'no.'

Comment

Working...
                                X