Indian ships sailing
    where have they been.
    not sure probably whaling.

Too big for fishes,
    Frigates i hear you say.
    Ah silence is their wishes.
    Or else they make us pay.

Comment

• Indians are often jesting novadays " with friends like "them", who needs enemies?"

Comment

• The Russian feudal state

Following the destruction of the advance guard at the hands of the Persian armies the Russian leadership was conflicted. The army consisted mostly of the Moscowian urbanite infantry, with their destruction the power politics of Russia had now been fundamentally altered. The needs of the Princessdom was that of war, and the urban populace could not provide. Instead, Dominika turned to the aristocratic elite who with their wealth and resources could supply Russia with what it needed. By enacting new laws and redistributing priviliges, power in Russia was moved from the city centres out to the countryside. Expanding the Princely Council with more nobles, the voice of the merchants and peasants lessened.

Yet the slow trickle of power quickly became a steady stream. By leaning on the aristocrats to field armies, they in return demanded more lands which they were given. With greater lands the nobles quickly accumulated greater wealth and power, becoming the main military arm of Russia. With military power came further political dominance. The Knighthood of Russia had begun. Concerned with the unchecked rise of aristocratic power, Dominika balanced their power by turning to the Priestesses who would take over all education of aspiring Knights, instilling them with virtues of the faith.

Russia became a military powerhouse based in the ideals of Catharstogism.

Oath of fealty
        I shall to my Lord be true and faithful, to love all that he loves and shun all that he shuns.
        I shall serve Honor by aiding the weak against the strong, to show mercy and compassion.
        I shall show Valour through deeds of bravery by showing contempt for pain and death.
        I shall strive for Purity through cleansing of body and mind seeking no excess or luxury.
        I shall fight by Sword, Lance and Charity to achieve these ideals as Catharsis shows me.
        For Mother Russia, For Justice, For Glory.
        Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
        The Russian Dynasty:
        Samo the Headbanded
        Catherine the Progenitor
        Dominika Ekatarinova
        (Konya the Lost)
        Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• The World is Round

Persian sailors discovered that the world is round!
          They kept on sailing to the west and found themselves suddenly in the east.
          It's unknown if this will have consequences for Persian sea navigation possibilities.
          Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
          <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Korea sailors headed East
            Some also to the West
            To invite the world to a Feast
            Of roundness being best

It was long so long ago
            we forgot to tell all
            We should have made a show.
            the world is but a ball.

Now with joy the ships do sail
            faster and further each day.
            With loud voices they do hail
            Show the world the correct way.

Comment

• A teqse Wiraqocha
              qaylla Wiraqocha
              tukapu aknupu Wiracochan
              kamaq, churaq
              "Qhari kachun, warmi kachun,"
              nispa.
              Ilut'aq, ruraq
              kamasqayki,
              churasqayki
              qasilla qespilla kawsamusaq
              Maypin kanki?
              Hawapichu?
              Ukhupichu?
              Phuyupichu?
              Llanthupichu?
              Uyariway!
              Hay niway!
              Iniway!
              Imay pachakama,
              hayk'ay pachakama
              kawsachiway
              marq'ariway
              hat'alliway
              kay qusqaytari chaskiway
              maypis kaspapis
              Wirayuchaya.
              Suwasqa wasi hina simiyoq

Comment

• Somewhere, on a deserted Egyptian street, a beggar looked up at the Pharaoh's palace. A candle was burning somewhere in a window. He thought he heard someone swearing, mumbling. Then suddenly, a little mirror flew out of the window. Then a piece of paper, with a strange text, which looked Incan. The beggar ran to the piece of paper, and picked it up. It had a text written on it, and next to it the same text, but then written backwards. He heard a few Egyptian profanities and the words "It's just gibberish!" from upstairs, and then the light went out. The beggar looked at the piece of paper again, then at the alleyway next to him. He walked into the alleyway, pulled down his pants and squatted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inca (DoC) View Post
                  A teqse Wiraqocha
                  qaylla Wiraqocha
                  tukapu aknupu Wiracochan
                  kamaq, churaq
                  nispa.
                  Ilut'aq, ruraq
                  kamasqayki,
                  churasqayki
                  Maypin kanki?
                  Hawapichu?
                  Ukhupichu?
                  Phuyupichu?
                  Llanthupichu?
                  Uyariway!
                  Hay niway!
                  Iniway!
                  Imay pachakama,
                  hayk'ay pachakama
                  kawsachiway
                  marq'ariway
                  hat'alliway
                  kay qusqaytari chaskiway
                  maypis kaspapis
                  Wirayuchaya.
                  and i thought my typing was bad ?????

Comment

• Sun Dak and Ramesses talked well into the night becoming very good friends. Amidst the discussions were of course a settlement of the eastern shore of the Northern island. Both of them discovered that even though the two of them had different cultures and practices, they really weren't that different and knew a good deal when it came along. Sun Dak's initial offer was contemplated and agreed upon. Sun Dak had his men go to the boat accompanied by Ramesses guards for protection in carrying the gold back to the palace. Sun Dak assured Ramesses that the settlers and workers would be sent to Egypt as soon as he got back to Mali.

As Sun Dak left the fine palace of Ramesses he shook hands with the pharaoh and remarked, "We are pleased to see your willingness to work together and hope that we can work together again in the future."

Comment

• Russian announcements:

1. An heir to the Russian Princessdom is born. A boy, named Konya was delivered by Dominika while on campaign in Persia. The boy and his mother are returning to the holy city of Hastograd to recuperate.

2. Russia wishes to purchase Stone resources for a minimum of 20 turns. We will offer Incense or possibly other resources of interest, please contact the Rostovian trading guild with any offers. (PM me)
                      Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
                      The Russian Dynasty:
                      Samo the Headbanded
                      Catherine the Progenitor
                      Dominika Ekatarinova
                      (Konya the Lost)
                      Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• Russia we will offer you stone for Incense, I hope that the deal can last more than 20 turns min.

Comment

• Powhatan sat outside of his tepee, well pleased with the development of these new schooling establishments, the first two of which had taken in new braves from different Native American tribes.

But the world around Powhatan was changing very fast. It was fine when there was just the Tao beliefs and legends but these Hinduism and Buddhism ideas, were starting to spread across the nation.

Powhatan spoke to the tribal elders of the benefits of adhering to the true Tao faith and these were considerable but some such as Squanto argued for a more open society.

Meanwhile Powhatan’s daughter Pocahontus was spending increasingly more time talking to the English traders, especially a Mr John Smith..

Powhatan didn’t object and used his daughter’s friendship with the English to further diplomatic and trading relations.

Despite this there was still tension between the English and the local tribes who frequently would raid the English settlements for food and resources.
                          I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.

Lone Man (Isna-la-wica)(Teton Sioux)

Comment

• Originally posted by Inca (DoC) View Post
                            A teqse Wiraqocha
                            qaylla Wiraqocha
                            tukapu aknupu Wiracochan
                            kamaq, churaq
                            nispa.
                            Ilut'aq, ruraq
                            kamasqayki,
                            churasqayki
                            Maypin kanki?
                            Hawapichu?
                            Ukhupichu?
                            Phuyupichu?
                            Llanthupichu?
                            Uyariway!
                            Hay niway!
                            Iniway!
                            Imay pachakama,
                            hayk'ay pachakama
                            kawsachiway
                            marq'ariway
                            hat'alliway
                            kay qusqaytari chaskiway
                            maypis kaspapis
                            Wirayuchaya.

Oh Creator, root of all,
                            Wiracocha, end of all,
                            Lord in shining garments
                            who infuses life and sets all things in order,
                            saying, "Let there be man! Let there be woman!"
                            Molder, maker,
                            to all things you have given life:
                            watch over them,
                            keep them living prosperously, fortunately
                            in safety and peace.
                            Where are you?
                            Outside? Inside?
                            Above this world in the clouds?
                            Below this world in the shades?
                            Hear me!
                            Answer me!
                            Take my words to your heart!
                            For ages without end
                            let me live,
                            grasp me in your arms,
                            hold me in your hands,
                            receive this offering
                            wherever you are, my Lord,
                            my Wiracocha.

Acknowledgement John Curl
                            Last edited by Native America (DoC); December 19, 2009, 20:01.
                            I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.

Comment

• Wiracochan
                              Apuqochan
                              T'itu Wiraqochan
                              wallpay wana Wiraqochan
                              tukapu aknupu Wiraqochan
                              runa yachakichun,
                              sarmi yachakuchun
                              mirachun llaqta pacha
                              qasilla qespilla kachun
                              kamasqaykita waqaychay
                              hat'alliy
                              imay pachakama,
                              hayk'ay pachakama.

Comment

• "Unworthy ones, the Russians have been pushed back into Hastogsburg" a chief pikemen informed both Guru's.
                                "The Persian fields have been cleared from all Russian armies, except one scouting outpost which we have ignored.
                                The damage done to the fields are devastating though, Great Guru's of Hastog, but we have made great progress nonetheless."

"Any losses?" Sha'Az asked.

"No, thy fatness, after the first victory the battle continued like a game of chess. The Russian made no mistakes but neither did we. We were able to take control of the strategical positions and were able to push them back by doing so."

"Where are they now" Guru Fed'Az asked.

"In Hastogsburg, their numbers are growing. New Russian armies are approaching, our spies tell us. But their numbers grow thin.
                                They are hiding behind and on the walls of Hastogsburg. There are open fields in front of these walls."

"The battle of Hastogsburg will be the final battle.....
                                Dress our armies like monsters.
                                Scare them!
                                Make them fear us!" Fed'Az ordered.

The Persian armies then took the most disgusting clothes and hid themselves behind masks of iron. Tens of thousands of Persian Monsters slowly approached the city.
                                The women and the children fled into the caves.

On a visible distance from the city the army stopped.

Silence

Then the Persians started to growl like animals.
                                They started to hit the ground with their spears, an enormous terrifying sound emerged from the Persian army.
                                The citizen of Hastogsburg were visibly scared.

The first strike of the Persian army was the assault of Terror.

(ooc: only the first 3 minutes of this video are applicable! You can only watch the rest for your own pleasure)

Last edited by Persia (DoC); December 20, 2009, 18:41.
                                Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                                <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

Working...
                                X