Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dominika stood upon the rough fortifications of Hastograd. Would the defences prepared be enough? Soon the Persians would come flooding towards the defenders. She had calculated that the Persian serfs would be able to dig a desert highway straight to the outskirts of the city and that the assault would soon follow. 12 000 macemen, 4000 Pikes, 800 catapults, 6000 longbows and a few thousand crossbows, this counted the enemy army.

Such a vast horde, all of Persia was emptied. If only there was a way to strike them at home. No such possibility existed. Instead Dominika prepared for the final hour. She prayed to her father, she sent her son to safety at Moscow, she called for further reinforcements, and at last she spoke to the troops.

Friends, Russians, countrymen! Nobles on Horseback, Citizen Bowmen, Macewarriors and Elephant Riders! You are the defenders of Russia! At this junction we will either halt the Persian war machine or be completely destroyed by it. They outnumber us, but we are stronger, finer warriors! We fight with elegance where they fight with savagery. We are the finest soldiers in this world and there may come a day when the beauty of our weapons can no longer guide us, but we will not let it be THIS DAY! I stay here and fight in the front lines with you, while the fat Guru hides behind his armies, an army that is clad in rags and dirt, their greatest weapon their own foul stench! We need not fear them, through Catharsis are we cleansed of fear and weakness, only our superior skill and tactics remain! I will stand with you on the battlements shooting arrows, I will stand with you at the gates wielding my sword, I will fend off their assault from horseback, and at the shrine of Catharsis I will beat down every Persian that approaches with my mace and chain in hand! Like ten thousand brothers shall we stand! Immovable, fearless, indestructable! Today we shall teach the Persians to fear us! Death!! Death to them all!!!

DEATH TO THEM ALL!!!

Catherine entered her command tent, looked over her battleplans, ordered her generals to take the field, and finally, sharpened her sword. There were only two outcomes tomorrow, victory or death. Should the defenders fail she would fall upon her own sword. Death would be painful, but swift. Yet Russia would live on, through Konya.
    Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
    The Russian Dynasty:
    Samo the Headbanded
    Catherine the Progenitor
    Dominika Ekatarinova
    (Konya the Lost)
    Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• Story:
      She woke in the night. Not from screams of men or the thunder of barrages against the fortifications. There was just a knot in her stomach, she could not sleep. She lit a candle and took out a scroll, reading a few lines, found an amusing passage and smiled. It reminded her of when she was young and unconcerned, when the results of battles and wars did not exist. Dancing to the drums, running through forests, late nights under starry skies. She thought of the frontlines, that the Ottoman Prince Pavel Murad-ib was himself riding with the sentries and scouts to warn of the coming of the Persian army, the Princess, also refusing to leave for safety. She thought of all those she knew in that army, all the men of whole villages. Almost 100 000 in total she had been told. Yet the Persian monsters counted even more. Would anyone survive the night? Would she ever look into the eyes of friends and family again? Would they come back? She sighed and put away the scroll, clutching the fur covers to her stomach, her son was out there somewhere, far away, would he live through this, would her husband? The thought of it took away any chance of sleeping that night. She rose and went outside, to look at those starry skies again. The Persians would not attack at night, she knew somehow, the army would live to see the sun rise again.

A dawn mist lay over the fields, stretching north towards the place where the fate of an entire nation would be decided. There was no certainty in war, many had said the war would be quickly over, that Russia could not fail, that their riders had no equals in Persian lands. But it seemed that even the strongest noblemen could be defeated by a score of peasants. A strange notion, she pondered its meaning for a few seconds, then cast it aside. If only someone could say something for certain, there were so many opinions, so many voices speaking without true knowledge. If only some certainty could be brought into the chaos. The men boasted and made claims, they hoisted glasses and joked. She could find no merriment in their laughter. They had heard of their fate if the war would be lost. Exile and slavery in a faraway land. Most did not believe this faraway land existed as anything but a metaphor for the afterlife. She had seen the massive Britannian ships that now came for commerce, perhaps they truly could sail for weeks on end to lands beyond the oceans. Perhaps there was some hope if all hope was lost after all.

Hard thoughts, confusing, distracting, she took up her hunting bow. Perhaps a rabbit could be shot for early breakfeast. The day would be longer than the night this time of year and fresh meat would help her get through it. There would be so much to do on the farm now that the men were gone. The morning winds were chilled, but they blew softly in from the great bay, and the summer heat had lingered from the day before. The summer was a good time, before harvest time came there would be little to do and the long bright nights would be filled with laughter dance and song. Life in Russia was good, even for a poor farmgirl like herself, Anna thought. Not this summer. She hoped the next would be like those that she remembered.
      Last edited by Russia (DoC); December 21, 2009, 06:24.
      The Russian Dynasty:
      Samo the Headbanded
      Catherine the Progenitor
      Dominika Ekatarinova
      (Konya the Lost)
      Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• Originally posted by Persia
        Dominika,

Your army will be destroyed tomorrow.
        Your people will be deported to New Russia.
        As we speak two of my most important cities are producing settlers and two galleons are busy bringing Russian refugees to these new shores. Even while I'm busy destroying you, I'm also busy giving your people a new future.

Make no mistake, Old Russia will be destroyed. It may take a long time but it will happen sooner or later. Even if your friends (if you have any left) will come to your aid, Persia will succeed. Only half of my cities are on war production, I haven't start to draft new soldiers yet and many armies are still protecting their home cities.

Even if the mighty Byzantine would be able to bring in their full force tomorrow, Persia will be able to withstand you easily.

But the more resistance from Russia, the less able Persia is to settle New Russia!
        The sooner you surrender, the more energy I can put in expanding New Russia.

Don't be mistaken, Persia loves this war, especially now it is winning it. But for the benefit of New Russia you'd better surrender now.

These are my terms:
        - First hand over all (!) your armies in old Russia to the Ottomans. Make sure they're recognizable as Russian armies (rename them!). Ottomania will then bring them to my port cities so that I can transport them to New Russia.

- Then sign peace with me while handing over all your colonies (3) and the city of Volgorad to Persia.

- Bring all your workers and your armies from your colonies to my port cities and hand them over for deportation.

- You are allowed to organize the deportation and settling of New Russia yourself. (ooc: login as me and place signs with where you want the cities, etc.)

- Hand over all your money and income to Persia to help us speed up research towards Gunpowder.

- As soon as New Russia can be given Independence you will get the key (while Persia continues to bring in new refugees (settlers)). You immediately hand over all your old-russia cities to Persia. We will then take control of Moscow ourselves.

- Give me a good reason why I should let you live, Dominika. If you can give me a good reason I will let you live and you can govern New Russia yourself. New Russia will be a vassal of Persia for at least 10 turns. Persia will support New Russia as long as it remains a vassal. You are advised to remain a Persian vassal forever but you are free to chose your own paths. Persia vows to never attack New Russia. You are advised to never ever turn against Persia again.

You may want to know that Persia doesn't intend to keep all Russian cities for itself. Your former allies will benefit from this as well.

These are the terms. The sooner you accept them, the more glory for New Russia.
        Be wise, Dominika!

Fed'Az

Hah! The coward thinks Russia will surrender, that they think we are even capable of surrender shows complete lack of wisdom. Let it be known forevermore that Russia shall never surrender, never back down, never turn away in shame. We will die standing and fighting, for we are a hard people shaped by a hard life in a harsh world. The Persians expect our defences to fall easily, yet they have not realized that we have completed the first line of defensive walls around the city just in time for their assault. The enemy will find high walls where they expected only a primitive stockade. Their catapults will have to bombard the positions for months to reduce our defences. We may die, but we will make them bleed at our gates until every Persian is pale.

Let them come. We are ready! Our bowmen are on the walls, our Knights are mounted and prepared for the counter-charge, our catapults are loaded, our Macemen rested, our Elephants restless and the grim reaper himself will cry woe over the work he must do here!

Last edited by Robert; December 22, 2009, 08:00. Reason: The Ozzy made me do it
        The Russian Dynasty:
        Samo the Headbanded
        Catherine the Progenitor
        Dominika Ekatarinova
        (Konya the Lost)
        Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• England is growing more and more interested in the teachings of Tao.

We ask the nations of Tao to aid us by sending our way 2-3 more missionaries.

The english capital of Chiel has been a prominent advocate of Tao.

Comment

• The lord of korea read with interest the latest English message.

They had closed borders with Korea and were now asking for Tao missionaries.

The english refused to work towrds the future of peace in the area by forming anagreement for settlement of the Land discovered by Korea.

The english had increased their spying in Korea and again claimed to be wanting to be friendly to Tao nations.

It wa obvious the english were not happy with the past and refused to move on and build a new reltionship for the future.

All korean citizens were told to pray as the english had shown they have large well trained armies and they were willing to use them wheneever possible.

Korea was a peaceful nation not a military one, only the future would reveal waht the english intentions truly were.

Comment

• The Map of South Korea revealed.
              Last edited by Robert; December 22, 2009, 07:58. Reason: The Ozzy made me do it

Comment

• Korea i will not play your usual twisting games. England has closed its borders because you constantly use you units to scout our lands.

We have offered you enough treaties and you never accepted them, do not cry about how you have offered us something. Korea hasn't officially offered us any deals. Talk isn't enough if you mean what you say you would have send as a proposal.

Now as the usual Korean strategy you come forward crying about how we have ill intentions toward you. Well I am not sure who will buy such a crap.

I need to remind you that England and Korea have a none aggression pact, (ooc being not the original player, it would be nice to go back and read you older pm's) which England will continue to honor. We do not break our treaties as others do.

So come back to the diplomatic table and let us talk.

Comment

• Korea about those new lands you speak of, well it is not only you that have discovered them, but the Persians and English as well.

Also:

England respects your latest settlement as a Korean territory, because a village was build there. You need to put your foot down and build the foundations of a settlement to claim land. Empty land is no ones, until they build on it.

Comment

• India will celebrate the 5000th anniversary of the foundation of Delphi which is also the 2000th anniversary of the birth of Sha'Tao.

To this illustrious event we invite our taoist friends to the Sha'Tao citadel to celebrate with us: the Mali, the Natives, the Koreans and the Incas.

Ramesses of Egypt,

We would be honored if you could come to this celebration as well. It would be a good opportunity to get known each other, and to introduce you the Indian religion and culture.

King Kaliph

Comment

• King Wallace,

We are glad to hear that you wish to learn more about the Tao, we will send missionaries to you as soon as we can. But that may take a long time I'm afraid. We expected that your Taoist neighbours could contribute spreading the faith, but so far it seems we have to do everything ourselves.
                      Nevertheless we encourage you to choose the right path, to receive the enlightment only Tao can give.

King Kaliph

Comment

• Nice map, Korea, thank you for sharing.
                        It's truly best if all nations who has claim on this land could agree how split it so avoiding future conflict.
                        The current painting of that continent is a bit strange though...
                        What are these other lands?
                        What is this small south Korea next to a big pink land marked as "Tao"? Korea is part of the "Tao lands" and what is that big pink area? is it suggesting that it'S an Indian land?
                        Just to clarify: We'd like to see the whole continent to be Tao, but Indians have no interest to settle there. If it's truly as big as you described we might build a single outpost colony there, but that is the maximum-and only if we find space when we get there.

Comment

• The Two Beasts of Revelations

A small minority of the Persians followed the christian faith of Byzantium. They studied their bibles on a daily base, praying for peace, suffering persecutions from the Hastogianistic majority. Eventhough though the Persian leaders did not officially fight against christianity, most Persian people looked down upon the christian faith.

Hastogianism was all about self promotion and claiming your fate, if needed at the costs of others. Christianity on contrary was all about being humble and considering the other at least as important, if not more important, then yourself. Hastogianists looked down upon such a weak attitude.

These Persian christians searched their bible for help and comfort. Suddenly one of their priests read the current events as a prophecy in Revelations 13:

1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. name: or, names. 2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. 3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast. 4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. 12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

It was clear!
                          Guru Fed'Az was the first beast.
                          Fatally wounded by Russia!
                          Everybody believed it would die!
                          But then it was magically healed!

The 2nd beast was Guru Sha'Az!
                          Supporting Fed'Az against all.

The dragon was Hastog!
                          Hastog, the divine human.
                          He got the number of the beast!
                          The number of Man.

The christians now knew that the current events weren't unforseen. The current terror was a plan of God. Now they must suffer, but soon they would find peace again!
                          Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                          <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• King Kaliph,

Thank you for offering yet again to help us.

Do not worry my friend, I have taken it upon myself to have my capital spread the Tao faith to the rest of England.

In good health,

Wallace
                            Last edited by England (DoC); December 22, 2009, 06:41.

Comment

• Milady! We cannot continue to put our army at such peril. The Persian catapults grow in number every day, Prince Pavel reports more have arrived yesterday, bringing the total number to somewhere between 1000 and 1100! With such a vast siege power there is no way we can hold the walls against the onslaught. If the Persians were to attack, even with our walls, they could possibly destroy them and still have enough catapults to strike us before we can muster a counter-attack. And the citizens of the city have all but fled to either Persia or Russia. Your forced wall improvement has taken a great toll.

We cannot fall back, we cannot surrender, we cannot allow our initial victory to become a defeat. Order the citizens to continue to improve our defences. When they are finished, send the rest of the people away to Russia, we will not risk their lives in this, besides, civilians cause chaos and the opportunity for treachery. Now there are only soldiers in Hastograd. We stand upon massive walls of stone with strong towers, surrounding a great Castle. The Hastogradian people have sacrificed greatly to ensure we keep this land Russian. We will not disappoint them. According to my calculations our new defensive works will practically nullify the Persian catapults.

Send out a message to the Persians:

Originally posted by Dominika size=1
                              Foul Guru.
                              We have completed a great defensive work in Hastograd. Our heavy castle protects all sides of the city with double walls, defensive towers mounted with catapults and bowmen. Our gates are reinforced with Iron and Stone, so solid that no weapon made by man could break them down. Our heavy shock troops will destroy any who climb on the outer walls, any who make it over will be ridden down by our shock cavalry in the space between the walls. Any who make it on to our inner walls will face arrows and stone rains. Any who make it to the ground behind the inner wall will be smashed by elephants. Any who make it past this will meet the Defenders of the Great Castle keep, built around the Shrine of Catharsis. Soon it will be stocked with the Guns of Thunder. Come, Persian, I await you in my Castle.

Your soldiers cannot succeed here. If you are prepared to relinquish your unjust demands that Russia should be subservient to Persia, we are willing to end this conflict. Our demands are simple and fair.

1. Persia has no right to interfere in the affairs of Russia, internal or external
                              2. Persia shall not have any troops but Longbows within reach of Russian borders

The fact is that at the current state, we have already achieved the former. The latter is a guarantee of our independence, which you must recognize. There is little you can do to change this. There are nearly 400.000 Russian troops in Hastograd, every day we receive reinforcements, Knights, Crossbows, Longbows, arrows, provisions, and soon Muskets. You can fight for a moot point which will cost Persia more than anything that you could gain, or you can agree that Russia is a free and independent nation, now and forever!

Dominika
                              Master of the Shrine Castle
                              Last edited by Russia (DoC); December 22, 2009, 06:17.
                              The Russian Dynasty:
                              Samo the Headbanded
                              Catherine the Progenitor
                              Dominika Ekatarinova
                              (Konya the Lost)
                              Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• Pocahontas heard that the English were looking for Tao missionaries.

'Powhatan, please can I go too' pleaded Pocahontas.

Pocahontas had met and fallen in love with a successful English tobacco trader, John Rolfe. He was returning to England and was keen to bring his new wife. His purpose was to secure backing for his Virginia tobacco company and with Pocahontas and a dozen Algonquian Indians, he hoped to secure wide publicity.

Powhatan agreed.
                                I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.

Lone Man (Isna-la-wica)(Teton Sioux)

Comment

Working...
                                X