No announcement yet.

The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair point. Has anyone posted recently for Russia.

If Russia is out of the game what are the implicatios. ?
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• If you look at the civ stats Russia does play his turn but sadly he is almost impossible to contact and I don't think he look at apoly much.
      The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• goood lung warr thense
        Suwasqa wasi hina simiyoq

Comment

• And this game now ... gets so boringly slow ..........

Comment

• I think you have a little too much time on your hands.

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
            It comes from civstats
            Take Arabia:

According to civstats you missed at least the following turns:
            2700, 2675, 2750, 2850, 2900, 3000, 3025, 3075, 3150, 3225, 3325

Then there were of course turns between 4000bc and 3350bc that aren't in the log anymore. I made records of those turns as well
            The truth hurts

But once again, it's no problem when people miss turns, especially not during the early 1 turn = 8 hours phase. I'm just keeping notes

Comment

• Originally posted by Arabia (DoC) View Post
              I think you have a little too much time on your hands.

I reckon Robbo has made a lot of time for us all, and thanks for it, but he is definitely an OCD candidate!
              “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
              - Anon

Comment

• Is there an OCD category for voting?
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Some Q's

*We going back to the 8hrs turn? If yes when?
                    *So the usual suspect is slowing down the game?
                    *Wise war there Herry Henry, wonderful posts.
                    *Has Russia ever posted?
                    *Has anyone ever talked ingame with Russia
                    *Are we having another no talk/post Stinca (Russia) like the previous game?

Comment

• Russia is in contact with me, he initiated the contact, so there are no problems there.
                      The 8h timer will be back when the war is over.
                      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• The turns dont have to last 24h at war time. When the timer is long it is even more important to make your move and asap. So come on Despot!, we are waiting..

Comment

• I can play my turns mostly within 1 - 3 hours after the new turn starts, except when I'm sleeping.
                          Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                          <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Originally posted by St Jon View Post
                            Has Russia posted anything? Apart from an early lead, not unusual for an Imperialist Civ, logic would say that they are very new. Let us hear some Russian propaganda about this outrageous war launched upon them. Hastog the Hairy doesn't sound that middle-eastern either!
                            We have posted, in fact we have posted much more than several other players.

And yes we did have an early lead, which I was rather proud of since I suck at playing civ. My whole strategy was to grab some land early in the hopes of having a shot at being mediocre during midgame. We didn't quite get that due to a border dispute with the Ottomans that we handled quietly since we wanted good realtions with our neighbours. The score was also improved by us being creative (culture). Our economy is subpar, and we have barley begun to build a military.

I'm not feeling mad at all at the unexpected attack, the stories seemed ok, and the player has always maintained character even when in game chat.
                            ("Pay!" lol, my first impression was some kind of mistaken OOC grudge, only later when reading the story thread did I get it )

Anyway my current strategy, since I'm now destined to be a bottom civ is to drag Persia into the depts of hell with me at any cost.

Last edited by Russia (DoC); September 18, 2009, 04:36.
                            Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
                            The Russian Dynasty:
                            Samo the Headbanded
                            Catherine the Progenitor
                            Dominika Ekatarinova
                            (Konya the Lost)
                            Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• Originally posted by The Holy Empire of Britannia (DoC) View Post
                              If you look at the civ stats Russia does play his turn but sadly he is almost impossible to contact and I don't think he look at apoly much.

Originally posted by Hercules View Post
                              Fair point. Has anyone posted recently for Russia.

If Russia is out of the game what are the implicatios. ?
                              Guys this is propaganda. I have been posting, don't belive St. Jon, just check the story thread to read my posts.

Also I've answered all diplo PM's and have been logging in my poly account daily.
                              The Russian Dynasty:
                              Samo the Headbanded
                              Catherine the Progenitor
                              Dominika Ekatarinova
                              (Konya the Lost)
                              Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• Originally posted by Persia (DoC) View Post
                                I can play my turns mostly within 1 - 3 hours after the new turn starts, except when I'm sleeping.
                                I don't know about when the turns will be played this weekend. I'll contact you or publicly declare as soon as I know.
                                The Russian Dynasty:
                                Samo the Headbanded
                                Catherine the Progenitor
                                Dominika Ekatarinova
                                (Konya the Lost)
                                Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

Working...
                                X