The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate comments (anonymous):

Hard voting on such a small amount of material, but tried to be fair.

Played Greece and Korea so left both of these at 4's. Raz was not Korea DoC as I posted for Korea.

7 story telling for Native Americans April Fool's Joke. I think that got everyone.

Great contributions in the final days. Russia excellent story telling. Persia great ending. Egypt fun 'Sun'. India's twist. Inca/Peru's flourish and Byzantiums BBC, copy.

"Arabs: Attitude 7 (playing till the end despite position), no stories (2) and neutral diplomacy (4)
    Greece: Attitude 6 (playing till the end), neutral diplo (4), no stories (2)
    Natives: Att: 6 (playing till end), story: 7 (april fools!!), Diplo: 6 (ongoing stuff during great war)
    Byz: Attitude: 7 (gentleman during ooc conflict), story: 7 (many and good), diplo: 3 (alienated friends in end game and isolated Byzantium)
    Inca: Atti: 7 (playing till end despite horrible results of Great War and bad position in game), story: 5 (Incan overview), diplo: 7 (getting paid for events of Great War)
    Ottomans: 6 (playing till end), story: 2 (no stories), diplo: 5 (Hascon diplomacy)
    Orb: 6/6/6 (diplo: behind scenes Hascon diplo in end game, story: end of Kane, atti: playing till end)
    India: Story 7 (great and unexpected wrapup), diplo: 6 (establish good after-war diplo relations), atti: 7 (as usual a great in-game winner)
    Egypt: Diplo neutral (4), Story 7 (great last episode of the Sun), atti: 7 (playing and participating lively till the end despite bad position)
    Korea: Story: 6 (nice twist to 'overheard conversation' in story thread!), Atti: 1 (leaving game after losing war), diplo: 3 (bad after war-diplo relations, isolating Korea from about everybody)
    Rome: atti: 6 (playing till the end despite position), Story: 6 (aquaduct photoshop), Diplo neutral (4)
    England: diplo neutral (4), Story telling (6), some anti-byz propaganda, attitude: Not playing any turns after losing war (1)
    Mali: diplo neutral (4), Story: none (2), Attitude: 6 (playing till end)
    Russia: diplo 3 (failed to have diplo with Persia till horrible end), Story 6 (good, but not much), atti: 6 (playing till last month, despite misfortune, not a '7' because you didn't play the last couple of turns, making a good end game on Hascon impossible, despite the good setup)
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Congrats Robert!

and a big thanks for organizing this game!!!

Comment

• And last but not least: all stats / originals are available at google docs:
        google docs
        login with:
        username: dance
        password: dance!

the "Warning Original" docs are the results as I have received them from WarningU2. (for month 1 and month 6 you all PM'ed your rates to me, so those files are missing. You just have to compare your votes with your sent-box on apolyton)
        The 'calculation docs' are the ones in which you can see all calculations I made.

since I am a human being working with thousands of numbers, there are SURELY errors! Please don't hesitate to check all you want and PM me if I made mistakes, or post it here on the forum.

Thanks to WarningU2 for his enourmous help with the rating system!!!

And thanks to all for this wonderful game!!
        I'll setup a setup doc for a new game in a couple of days. First I need a few days off

Comment

• Yes - well done Persia/Robert - a worth winner of Dance of Civilisation!

I really hope you don't feel any embarrassment about winning when you were the host. This was completely earned, even if you should also get doubt points for all your work of hosting.
          Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

• I have been intrigued to see what the results would look like if game score didn't contribute at all. Were some players completely scuppered because of their in game position, when their vote-worthy activity was brilliant?

To my surprise, unless I have done the figures wrong, that doesn't seem to be the case.

The results if in-game score is excluded are:

1 Persia
            2 Byzantine
            3 Russia
            4 India
            5 England
            6 Egypt
            7 Inca
            8 Native
            9 Britannia
            10 Korea
            11 Rome
            12 Ottoman
            13 Greece
            14 Arabs
            15 Mali

which is certainly not the same as real results, but is actually surprisingly similar.
            Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

• Congratulations RP! You deserved it
              And lots and lots and lots of thanks to you and warningU2 for all the work you did!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Thanks Guys!

Congrats to Byzantium for being the best diplomat!
                Congrats to Russia for the best game attitude!
                And once again congrats to India for being the best player!

And also thanks to Byzantium for the exciting end-battle!
                I'm glad the game is over, India is steaming up... 2 more months... (maybe he should have delayed his cultural victory.... )

Oh, and I wanna be in DoE as well!!!!!
                Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Congratulations Cyber! You deserved the Game for all the magnificent stories and the brilliant 1st Strike against Russia showed military prowess as well as long term planning. I had little to do with your diplomacy but I am sure that it was great as well.

India, you so nearly won OOG as well as IG, brilliant!

I think Attitude has been the biggest winner here. So few arguments and so few quitters from the Game. Basically, everyone has treated each other with respect and the abuse and accusation of BtP was nowhere to be seen. I am sorry that I marked a few down in that category for events near the end but I only could vote upon what I saw.

Special praise to Russia for taking on a lost cause and turning it into a massive contributor to the Game as well as having the skill to turn it into a viable nation.

Congratulations to everyone for a magnificent Game!
                  “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                  - Anon

Comment

• You should have the votes now Robert

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                    Ok guys, everything has been said. Let's leave it there.
                    I hope to receive the results from WarningU2 soon, after that it takes me some time to compile the charts.

Oh it looks like you do ... sorry I was looking at the the email synopsis
                    WarningU2 Member of CIvilization Players Multiplayer League
                    ---------------------------
                    "A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

Comment

• Well done on the WIN Robert, you did work hard for it. It is good to see a winner who 101% deserves it!!!

W2 thank you for the voting organization!!

PS Of course count me in for DOE

Comment

• CYBERSHY!!!

CYBERMODEST!!

CYBERKICKASS!!

You little beauty mate

---

My last vote gave you a 777 and India a 666 of course
                        "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Congrats to Persia, India and Byzantium for very enjoyable game

And thanks to RP for all the time and effort with running the game.

And to WarningU2 for the scores / ratings

And to OzzyKP for subbing to keep the game running.
                          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Sharing some screenshots (+comments)

1, a GNP graph from 50 BC. The big changes: ~1700 getting a library and using scientists, 2000 bc Academy, 1400 bc Great Library, later settling great persons in the capital.

2, A picture about my first stealing (I stole 5-6 techs in the game). one of the real benefits having a wide spread state religion -stealing techs are really cheap

3, power graph after my war with Byzantium. what can be seen: till 500 AD. I was one of the weakest civ, then started to build up military (mosly slaving, later drafting.) After my army got destroyed I had to make an other just to be ready for a possible counter attack.. these slavings/maintenance cost a lot to my economy. (note Korea's strenght in these times)

4, demographic screen from 1600s. because of constant slaving my population was always low. It's a lot of micromanagement. but if done right slaving can work great: I'm still working on the best tiles, my cities grow fast, and able to get buildings/units really fast-ofc it's not ideal for "cottage economy" but I didn't have too many cottages-
                            Later when I got the sushi corporation and happiness was no more an issue (moving the culture slider makes them happy anyway) it grew to a really powerfull combo

5, a tipical Indian city after the big siege. (shows 11 unhappyness from slaving and 6 from drafting, these counters go down in every 15 turns and I was doing this for hundreds of turns-you can get an estimate how many times I used it in one city )

6, a funny conversation with Inca before I went and destroyed the Byzantine transports

7, just a photo with infos about Taorisha during the siege-thought if they manage to destroy it at least this remains as a memory . (My great artists were hiding there for a long time in transports)

8, this is not much before the ending: note how much culture I get from the corporations. Sushi just itself gave me 109 (base)-that means 109 resource . also +28 food/city. during the war and preparations sushi gave 15-18/city, after Persia has surrendered his resources it went up to 28.

9, a picture from my treasury: can be seen how much my maintenance cost was. I wouldnt be able to keep up research too much longer, my economy was quite strange: I didn't have marketplaces, banks in my cities, I always went 100% research. Taorisha gave good money (from the shrine and coprporations) but later it was not enough: my economy was really dependant on getting money for my vouchers, so especailly later on the buisness with the Mali was very important. (first 4 vouchers were sold for 1000-1500 gold, the rest for much more, but still much cheaper than the research cost (around half of that, but less) *at this time most of my cities are producing wealth, without that the deficit would be 600 gold/turn

10, jut a picture showing that my 3 cities got legendary in the same year
                            Last edited by India (DoC); April 20, 2010, 16:33.

Comment

• Originally posted by India (DoC) View Post
                              Sharing some screenshots (+comments)

3, power graph after my war with Byzantium. what can be seen: till 500 AD. I was one of the weakest civ, then started to build up military (mosly slaving, later drafting.) After my army got destroyed I had to make an other just to be ready for a possible counter attack.. these slavings/maintenance cost a lot to my economy. (note Korea's strenght in these times)

I always planned to have strong navy , which is why i targetted the round the world first and also had an event for building harbors i think it was.

So lots of power on graph but it was all naval. Kept me safe from invasion which i feared all game.
                              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Cool screenshots India!!!
                                You kept a log or did you replay some phases?

@Korea: that reminds me, you stole my "first around the round" award

Comment

Working...
                                X