The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
    I think Persia's actions proves my point that no real effort was made to bring India down because Persia sabotaged it too!

A real effort was made by England and Byzantium and Korea.
    I don't understand what gives you the idea that Byzantium sabotaged it.
    It was not a real effort by the lesser civs to bring down the leader. I blame you entirely now that you remind me of things

"Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Originally posted by deity View Post
      It was not a real effort by the lesser civs to bring down the leader. I blame you entirely now that you remind me of things

Thanks
      It was quite a huge evil plot to accomplish.

For the record, I was really ok by you guys bringing down an Indian cultural city, but it was not my main purpose.

1. Get New India
      2. Make India more angry at you then at me and maybe get even friendly relations with India
      3. Get down the Shrine

@2: That's why I wanted to sign a peace with India that only included half of New India. It had no use for me to get whole of New India for 10 turns and then lose it again b/c of his huge invasion army.

Anyway, I believed that I could have a shot at the win if I would be able to get New India. For long I did not believe that he was that close to the cultural victory. I didn't know that he had like 6 GA ready.

Persia was already the biggest civ, and with NI we would have become the most productive civ. on the long term I could have won.
      Because of all the wars I did not even build factories and coal plants in my cities till after the war with India! And b/c of Russia I didn't finish coal plants in most cities.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
        As Sparta you could trust my word, in this game you could not.
        well, there is always a chance that your trustworthy leader gets murdered by a russian spy..

Originally posted by Toni View Post
        I am curious to see who is playing India by the way, any help please??
        Ok, since most of us know who is who already (I knew Priest, Robert and Tony from quite early,+ those civs who blew their covers like Raz. St. Jon managed to elude me mostly because of the lots of OOC misinformations we got both from St. Jon and Inca)
        so I can give you this big "hint":

I can agree that bringing ooc issues from one game to an other is a big no-no.. still.. there are things in this game which mean a great satisfaction to me, ironic stuff, you know

-first, getting a letter from the BtP spartan player ending this way:

Originally posted by Persia (DoC)

Your vassal,

Ahmedinejad of Iran
        -Second, using a massive air force advantage against the BtP roman player (He defeated us then mostly because only He had any airforce)

-Finally I may add that seeing the BtP Portugal being destroyed by BtP Rome is also ironic (Portugal has abandoned us when we tried to kill rome to carry on his own vendetta.. Now He can see what kind of "friend" the BtP Rome player was )

From this it should be easy to figure out who I am.. for those who played Btp anyway.

Comment

• I don't know what you are all talking about, you've got it all wrong. Read the Sun: Greece was behind everything!

Thanks RP for the excellent moderation and all the work you did! I had lots of fun, thanks to everyone else as well!

Comment

• -first, getting a letter from the BtP spartan player ending this way:

Originally Posted by Persia (DoC)

Your vassal,

Ahmedinejad of Iran

You're welcome
            I hope btw that I did not patronise you too much in BtP
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by deity View Post
              And, to butter you up, I must add that the game organisation, monitoring and arbitration were superb. We are so lucky as a group to have you managing all this and hosting as well! I think it is time to give up your day job now... do you have one? Or is baby off to the coal mines already

On top of all this you run Apolyton!
              +1

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Finally I may add that seeing the BtP Portugal being destroyed by BtP Rome is also ironic
                Can you clearify the above india, you lost me there. Of course you know that i was Portugal in that game. But when did Rome destroy us? We had a war very early in the game, but the after we stayed friends throughout the game.

I get the ironic part that Rome, kicked/backstabbed my butt in DoC

(Portugal has abandoned us when we tried to kill rome to carry on his own vendetta.. Now He can see what kind of "friend" the BtP Rome player was )
                Well i did not abandon anyone, when Portugal asked for help then during the Portugal/Roman war no one came to our aid. So i just returned the favor. And why should we have aidded anyone, we had a solid relation with Rome after our war.
                Last edited by Toni; April 9, 2010, 08:53.

Comment

• Second, using a massive air force advantage against the BtP roman player (He defeated us then mostly because only He had any airforce)
                  Wait Portugal and khmer had the biggest airforce in that game.

Or did i miss anything?

Comment

• I was talking about what happened in DoC by the BtP players. And you did promise that you would join in our war against Rome.. but the 'time' was never right.

and I meant in our conflict (Sparta and me against Rome, Russia, the Natives, and the vikings only Rome had air force and used it to destroy our army)

Comment

• Man you lost me . I still have no idea who you are!!

Greece/Robert attacked rome
                      Also russia attacked rome if i remember (but i do not remember who was Russia)

There was also Pinchak/Maya

Stating to forget who else

I suggest you tell me getting old here

P.S Oh s..h.it you were the Japs????

Oh so i get the joke the vassal thingy with DoC Persia now. Japs were a vassal of Greece then right?
                      Last edited by Toni; April 9, 2010, 09:05.

Comment

• yep

Comment

• LOL sorry but so who played the Japs?? we are still nowhere here

U did join the japs later on right?

Comment

• And you did promise that you would join in our war against Rome.. but the 'time' was never right.
                            Sorry about that, but i had Khmer as my target. That war was a must between me and my mate Deity

Comment

• Yes, I joined quite late and my first action had to be to accept the capitulation to Sparta to be able to protect the piercian cities. (since now you could check anyway my non-anon name here is mzprox )

Comment

• Great Game mzprox

Comment

Working...
                                X