The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• russia votes yes.
    Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
    The Russian Dynasty:
    Samo the Headbanded
    Catherine the Progenitor
    Dominika Ekatarinova
    (Konya the Lost)
    Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• Byzantium votes yes

(And I agree with India - all of us are capable of thinking what is best for the game, not just ourselves. As it happens I have benefitted very little from the 'free trade' rules - none in the first round, one in second and third - because I have found myself wanting the techs earlier than I would get them via free trade. Suspicion might always be sensible, but cynicism doesn't help the game, and sorry Korea, as far as I can see your posts about 'the top 5' are just cynicism which don't fit the facts. And as always to Egypt for expressing great sense not dominated by the in-game score chart - roll on the next game when we have modded it out of existance).
      Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

• Ottoman votes yes due to Egypt's explanation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Byzantium (DoC) View Post
          Suspicion might always be sensible, but cynicism doesn't help the game, and sorry Korea, as far as I can see your posts about 'the top 5' are just cynicism which don't fit the facts.
          Well they are separate issues. I expect there will be an additional vote for whether to limit free trades based on points.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• With 11 'yes' vote the rule change has been accepted.
            Contrary to what I said before, we will not apply this change immediately.

First we will debate and possibly vote on Korea's rule change suggestion.
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I hereby release: civstatsscraper Beta!

http://plomp.eu/civstatsscraper/index.html (MSIE only!)

You may need to tweak some security settings on MS Internet Explorer for this to work.

Please read this carefully:

- fill out the 3 fields correctly! (no spaces! only numbers)
              - start and end year must be an actual game year!
              - other games can be applied (ie. Beyond the Pit) BUT know that civstats oftenly has corrupt years. I have removed the (2) corrupt years for DoC, for other games results may be abit weird b/c it will not ignore the corrupt years. (still gives good charts)
              - After searching: click on a row in the table to REMOVE it from the results. After that presh "refresh chart" to update the charts.
              - the number behind the civnames in the charts displays the number of turns this civ missed in the displayed period.
              - If you want to submit a new search, reload the page first! Otherwise the results will be added to each other in very wrong way

Enjoy
              It's beta though, there are many errors if you don't submit the correct info. (you can't break anything though)

Comment

• vote is over so i am only wondering how it will also make it different for me. 1 tech I got from old rule so will it now be better.

Robert please make it 24 hour clock as war happened this turn. Story will be written now.
                Suwasqa wasi hina simiyoq

Comment

• The truth will come out in the end...

Comment

• Because of the Peru/Egypt war there's now a 22h (24h) turn timer.
                    All please finish your turn asap.

Turn order:
                    1. Egypt
                    2. Peru (Inca)

Comment

• Here are the full list of free techs as posted in the thread

Persia 7
                      Native america 7
                      india 6
                      Britt 5
                      Egypt 4
                      Mali 4
                      Rome 4
                      greece 3
                      Byz 3
                      russia 3
                      ottomans 3
                      inca 2
                      arabia 2
                      Eng 1
                      Korea 0

Two of the top three civs have got the biggest reward from the current system

And this is not a HATE INDIA vendetta that somwe thik, which is why i post hte numbers to show PERsia is biggest Free trade recevier.

But seems you guys rather listne to others so i know this wont sway you atall. but at least the facts are up

Comment

• A hate Persia vendetta.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• cant hate RP he will Ban us from game..

Comment

• Thanks Korea for the figures.

They are significant - but show that it is a very mixed picture. Some of the so called more advanced nations - England Korea and Byzantium, Korea and England espcailly, have not gained much from the free trade rules. Others Persia and India have. I don't blame them for using the rules. Some smaller nations have done well e.g. Egypt and Rome while others have not.

Definitely shows why that change we have just voted for was needed. Which is why I voted for it - and everyone else except for ... oh except for Korea.

Must admit I'm slightly confused on that one. But thanks for putting the figures up - they make interesting reading.
                            Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

• you ask why i didnt except that the top tech leaders can freely trade with others. hmmmmmmmmmm

th free tech trading should be done between the lower civs .. the top 5 and yes currently i am one of them, should recieve nothing free.

Comment

• It would not be fair to shut off a civ from free trades just because they are higher up in score. Everyone should get to have free trades regardless of their score.
                                The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

Working...
                                X