No announcement yet.

The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nope sorry it was banking. The sooner you accept it the better you'll feel.

Your "I was wrong and I apologize to Persia for speaking lies to him and make him look stupid while I was stupid myself" is accepted in advance

Never argue with Persia :B

This is what it says:
    Persia got Literature from Britannia
    Persia got Drama from Mali
    Persia got Theology from Ottomans
    Persia got Music from Greece

Persia discovered Banking themselves two turns later

Please check your own logs to see what you got from me. Most probably not paper, but I may be wrong there

Last edited by Persia (DoC); January 20, 2010, 19:13.
    Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
    <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Again I must point out you are mistaken and no matter what trick you do it will not change the fact you got banking from me.

Just give up and admit your wrong and I'm right. Or we can get RP to send someone outside the game to take a look at a save from that turn to prove once and for all that I am right and you are wrong.
      The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• but isnt RP = PErsia !!!

Comment

• Yes, I am RP! Don't be evil to Persia or I will kick you from the game bwhahahahaha
          <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Originally posted by Byzantium (DoC) View Post
            I share the aspiration Korea, the free trade techs are to help the less advanced nations. But we have to have rules which work easily and fairly. You say no free trade for the top 5 - but why not the top 4, or top 6? What if I am number 5 when the age changes but then someone else gets one more score than me for one turn - can I think get the free trade? And score is a poor measure of how well nations are doing - draft a few units, drop to number 6, then cash in on the free trade.

The main thing is to get the uplift of multiple, mainstream, techs to the less advanced nations (guilds, banking, paper etc.). If India picking up theology is the price we pay for having clear and easy system, who cares?
            scroe is agood measure of peoples scientific postion i think good neough anyway.

But if i were makign a rule it would be .

1. at the time of the 4th person entering the era to enable free trading to start. No
            one to start trading till Rp provides a lits of the scores at that time lisitng the top 5 (or agreed position)
            2. Once th elsit publishes all others can freely trade appropiate era twechs.
            3. next Era it may well be some one else in top 5,

Comment

• Originally posted by Persia (DoC) View Post
              Yes, I am RP! Don't be evil to Persia or I will kick you from the game bwhahahahaha
              that the only reason i havnet presed for a full TAO invasion of persia ...

Comment

• Originally posted by korea
                But if i were makign a rule it would be .
                Korea perhaps you are right. I'd still worry that the system you suggest may throw up its own set of oddities, so I am attracted to the most simple option, but perhaps it will work. Worth a go to get the best possible 'uplift' for the less advanced.
                Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

Last edited by Byzantium (DoC); January 21, 2010, 03:56. Reason: double post
                  Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

• Ok, but wea re talking about two different things now:
                    -How can we trade the free techs
                    and
                    -Who can trade freely

Let's stay on the first topic first, after that we can vote about the second.

Comment

• The rule was there not to balance things but to make sure that civs won't fall behind too much. Limiting it only to a few civs will add a new function to the rule.

Score-list based rules are dangerous because it may stop people from advancing to ensure their position out of the top-5.

Going with India, I'm going to make the proposed rule change in next post, addressing the fist issue first.
                      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Rule Change Vote:

current rule:
                        4b. When 4 civs have advanced to the next age (ancient, classical, medieval, renaissance, industrial, modern) all techs of the age before the past age can be traded freely in a 1 tech for 1 tech trade without the need to spend vouchers. (If 4 players are in the medieval age, all techs of the ancient age can be traded freely, etc.)

The question is:

- Do you want to remove the "in a 1 tech for 1 tech trade" part from rule 4b
                        *yes
                        *no
                        *abstain

Vote closes in 48 hours.
                        According to rule 11 the change can only apply if 66% agrees.
                        So if within the 48 hours 10 players agree with this change it will be applied. After the 48 hours it will be applied if 66% agrees.
                        The 66% of measured based on the players who do not abstain. Not voting = abstaining.

Happy voting!

Ps. a 2nd vote may be needed about the change Korea is suggesting. This change is no incorporated in this vote! Voting 'yes' or 'no' does not make a difference to Korea's suggestion. Either with a 'yes' or a 'no' to this vote, Korea's idea can still be applied. (or not be applied). just FYI.
                        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• i vote no to indias proposal as it will simply mean the top scored civs will continue getting further ahead

Comment

• I'm sorry Robert, eventhough I agree that your system works if everyone would use it more clever, the fact is that nobody will do that because we prefer to keep it simple.

That's why I vote 'yes' to this proposal.

Comment

• @Korea
                              Nice.. voting no just because we will vote about your proposal later...

This proposal has nothing to do with my civ. I'm not even interested because I had every medieval tech (except the useless divine right) and I will have every usefull renaissance tech by the time we could trade them for free.

You just expect I want this because of some hidden benefit... bah..

I've said my reasons:

-I don't like the mad trade race we have every time
                              -I don't like that it has nothing to do with diplo or strategy
                              -I don't like the possibility that by missing a few turns (for ooc reasons) you may had lost your chance to trade.

It will change a little actually, because most of us could get the techs anyway, it would only take away the hassle.

Then we could talk about how to help the smaller civs (I had my idea too, but not many supported it because the general opnion was that we shouldnt give ooc help..)

Btw YES

Comment

• there would be no scramble for you if you couldnt get the techs

every era it is you trading the most so dont tell me you dont want this

if you dont like the scambling or worry bout missing a turn then except my propsal and it removes all those worries from ytou,

Comment

Working...
                                X