No announcement yet.

The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Persia, I agree on the first half, but don't agree that cultural victory is more boring than spacerace. In space victory you just rock your science up to the modern armors and then in the last 50 turns you build a spaceship. For cultural victory you have to plan it and invest in it from very early and easier to lose it.

Comment

• i agree with india nothing excoitng about space , india could ave chosen that path and prob be there now

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
        All stop blaming others for how they play their game! We're in the middle of the game. And everybody is free to play it the way they want. these ooc discussions lead nowhere

And does anybody know why Byzantium and England are suddenly missing 24 hour turns? England: you did post in this thread!
        Byzantium, are there problems again?
        actually much closer to the end than the beginning

Comment

• Originally posted by Korea (DoC) View Post
          actually much closer to the end than the beginning
          Close to the end is perhaps the most important part of the game.
          If you want to influence players to do certain things, use in-game stories and diplomacy, not out-of-character stuff.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
            Close to the end is perhaps the most important part of the game.
            If you want to influence players to do certain things, use in-game stories and diplomacy, not out-of-character stuff.

tried al lthatdont work

i have given up

Comment

• Then so be it. That's part of the game.
              But every player has the right to play the game in the way they want.

We have only made one exception, measured war.
              If it's about war we have to restrain ourselves a bit.

Comment

• and that is the only rule i dont like.. i prefer for the in game nations to stop others decimating some one ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Korea (DoC) View Post
                  yes i dont think space shpuld be in diplo jsut y .02 cents worth

culture is a good target to try for..

Religion wil lnever occur takes everyone to vote and no one would do that unless theywere trying to prevent another player from winning by cuktural vicotry for spite.

diplotmatic ivcotory should be the target.. lets see someone win it via that method....
                  I was *extremely* close to getting a religious victory in the last game till someone did a dirty trick to deny me.

I'm glad India is doing a cultural victory. In all these games it is space ship every single time. Has never been anything else. So big to India. He's right, it is something you have to prepare for all game.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• not you but not-involved / not playing England was close to a religious victory last game.

And the dirty sub trick that kept England from winning the religious victory was as dirty as the dirty sub trick that almost made England win the religious victory

Comment

• England? What game are you talking about?

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• England (MMC), the civ that got all the votes for the religious victory in Beyond the Pit!

Comment

• ooohhh, yea. I forgot I went that route. See how charitable I was! What an ending that would have been! Last place team winning it all! And you still had to use a dirty trick to stop it from happening.

Comment

• But you got the wrong image there, I tried to honour you by copying your dirty trick
                            It was an homage to your dirty trick

My dirty trick was only a copy cat of your dirty trick! All credits for the dirty trick go to you! I was only a silly copy cat dude

Comment

• A victory other than spaceship is a "dirty trick"?

Comment

• I think we agree, space ship is too easy for any decnet palyer like ozzy toni deity and robert. (others too i gues) but hte relgioiosui one takes lotos of scehimeing but too easily foile,d and cultural takes lots of work too.

Dimplmatic means even more work to get the votes. it not just about beign nice al lgame. it means supporting other nations a lot. prevneting any nation being drivien into the ground by another.. people seme ot align Diplomatic victory in MP with the SP one where the ai only votes for you if you are nice and no wars. IN MP you will ahve to stand up for the smaller nations and asctualy goto war when needed. Only an ioption for those that dont chose eveil empires like india and Persia, but they can got for other types.

Comment

Working...
                                X