No announcement yet.

The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorry I forgot to turn off my firewall before i logged in. Still getting used to this new laptop.
    The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• Originally posted by Arabia (DoC) View Post
      I'll second that.

Very impressive charting Robert ... you ever want a job in management in IT in a financial institution you would be quids in with a bonus.
      It already is my job, and since I do it as a freelancer I must keep my skills up-to-date. Playing around with this kinda stuff is how I continue to learn myself the latest techniques.

I'm almost done finishing a tool that allows us all to create flexible score charts on the fly.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Question?

Did India just stole Steel from Byzantium?

Comment

• Sure, I wrote a whole story post about it...

Comment

• I'm glad, India, that you manage to find way to catch up with the others technologically! I would hate it to see you fall behind!
            Any chance that you want to give this steel-tech to Persia while you pay for the voucher yourself? Let's be honest, you don't need those vouchers anyway!
            Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
            <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Originally posted by Persia (DoC) View Post
              Any chance that you want to give this steel-tech to Persia while you pay for the voucher yourself? Let's be honest, you don't need those vouchers anyway!
              Nah!, I need my precioussss vouccccersss

Comment

• You guys looking for any replacments?

I got a diplo itch I got to scratch, and as far as i can tell from the story thread a new game is a ways off.

Comment

• Weren't you the one who had a problem with the rules before we started? They haven't changed since, so you might want to reconsider that offer

Comment

• I still think the rules are overly complex, but I'll deal with it. The game hasn't crashed and burned like a suspected it would so I guess the rules (and enforcement of them) must be working.
                    Last edited by Pinchak; January 17, 2010, 12:31.

Comment

• Well it seems Greece has only played 2 of their last 9 turns. Missing the last 5. Anyone know what has happened to them? At the very least perhaps Pin can sub for them.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I'll take Greece if they have gone MIA.

I of course will need all the login info for the game, there civ, the mail, etc...

I also pray a cliffnotes version of Roberts rules has been developed.

A dedicated and refreshed Pinchak reporting for Diplo duty!

Comment

• Someone had suggested switching in and out of civs as a rule in the next game, I still think that'd be a cool idea. New leaders, new administrations, new directions, it'll be good for the game.

Some people lose interest and drift off, while others may suddenly regain their interest and come back. Or others, like me at the moment, am satisfied to sub now and then to scratch my itch, then turning control back over to someone else.

Plus, I think a lot of the issues we have is people become emotionally attached to their civs and want them to win in game. If you switch civs every few turns you care more about enjoying the game overall than seeing your one civ to victory. The idea that you can switch into another civ can give its own incentive not to cripple another civ too badly, it could be yours soon.

Sorry, tangent, but something to keep in mind for next time.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I'll contact Greece to see what's going on with them.

Pinchak, I will not accept you in this game. After all the problems in previous games, and you abandoning this game immediately during the first turn, I don't want to run the risk.

Comment

• @Ozzy:
                              Interesting idea for a game, but not for something for me.

This game so far shows about 92% dedication.
                              Only Russia lost it's initial leader (b/c of ooc reasons).

Comment

• grea tidea ozxzy and could bring diplo back to being diplo....

Comment

Working...
                                X