Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beyond the Pit [Pitboss Diplomacy Game] [Story Thread] . PART 10 (May 2009)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marcus Aurelius, Emperor of Rome, speaks to his soldiers

Comment

• ((

I want the world to know that the Roman forces are nowhere near to our cities. Everything is alright.
      ))
      Last edited by Pitboss Japan; May 27, 2009, 16:40.

Comment

• From: Chairman Vasili Mikhailovich Blokhin, Council of Transition and Stability
        To: Civilised Nations of the World
        CC: Queen Alexandra the Coward of Greece, Sato Eisaku the Greek Quisling Governor of Japan

The Russian Army stands proudly in defence of Free Piercia and dares the Greeks to advance. Forces have also been despatched to aid the valient Wyandot people who face even greater odds than Russia herself.

A new Chief of Staff has been appointed who will replace the disgraced Kiril Meretsokov. Marshal Alexander Samsonov has been selected as one of the finest Generals in Russia and will personally lead the Campaign of Liberation in the West.

Russian Citizens flock to answer their Glorious Nation's need and many happy patriotic bulletins have been posted throughout the Country.

On matters even more joyeous that the killing of Japanese Vermin; Russia has at last put it's, long hoped for, Universal Free Education Act into tangible form! Even when Wars are being fought Russia does not forget her future in the sciences and now the finest acadenic institutions are open to all aged from age 5 to 21! A fantastic achievement when a nation is fighting for its' very life! Never again shall literacy and numeracy be forgotten and Russia will train the finest minds in the World. All save the mindless Greeks and the barely human Japanese are invited to send their young people to enjoy the pleasure of pure learning - devoid of blood or gun!

It is indeed a pleasure to end upon positive subjects and I was further pleased to instruct the Embassy staff in Maya to speak with the newly installed Government there. It is my sincere hope that mutual profit will accrue both our nations in these troubled times.

Major-General Vasili Mikhailovich Blokhin
        Chairman, Council of Transition and Stability
        Last edited by Pitboss Russia; May 27, 2009, 20:22.

Comment

• In response to the recent vote called by the United Nations, Ozzy the Bateater, beloved leader of the Metalhead people addresses the public in a huge venue to explain the situation to them and call for their support. As is traditional in Metalhead society, the speech is done through song.

The performance was held with the assistance of Portugese technicians from the United Nations. Their skills with electricity and other advanced technology enabled the Metalheads not only to provide dramatic lighting for the presentation, but record the show to be rebroadcast around the world in a global plea for opposition to nuclear weapons. The footage from the speech is available for all to view:

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Mayan Capital 'Durango' captured by Roman forces!
            Once again Emperor Marcus Aurelius shows to be the man with the split honey tongue!

Athens Tribune, September 14th 1832 CE

Sources report that Roman armies have seized the Mayan Capital of Durango.
            While peace was offered 'unconditional' Marcus moved his armies into Mayan territory and captured Durango.

Not that long ago Marcus of Rome accused Alexander II of Sparta of bullying and laying extreme conditions upon the Maya. Now Marcus shows his split honey tongue once again. While peace was offered to the Maya's, Roman troops capture the single most important city of the Mayans, effectually pushing them from their original territory into two obscure islands.

No official announcements have been made by the Mayan nor the Roman administration.
            Spartan officials believe that more is happening behind the scenes since the entire Mayan defence army was moved outside the city of Durango just before it was invaded.
            A Spartan medium claims to have had a vision where 'The hand of god' caused the recent happenings. More to follow.

Comment

• With Great Pride

In the aftermath of our recent troubles, the city of Murcia and the Spanish Provisional Government celebrate the groundbreaking of the new Bateater Honorary University. This university, with planned faculties in Art, Social Studies and Economics, will also be home to our newly founded Ulrich National Conservatory of Modern Music.

The Spanish Government has pledged a large sum to make all this real.

Enrique Cobajo, Mayor of Murcia

[edit: having a bit of a fight with the attached files here, needed to correct... sorry]
              Attached Files

Comment

• Tens of thousand people are leaving their beloved Durango, in search for a better life....

Marcos:
                “The prophecy will be fulfilled; we will be free once again. Our ancestors dreamt of the Promised Land, the land of splendour. Now we can go………”

The great move of an entire civilisation has started. While Roman Cavalry enter the city of Durango all Mayan people are busy with packing their valuables and necessities. The move is on!

Comment

• Is Marcos a roman puppet?

At the moment it seems so..
                  The Romans finally managed to seize all the Mayan land with the help of a traitor. Marcos betrayed his people with a false promise to leading them to a so called "promised land". I'm really sad to see the Mayan ppl got tricked: they are leaving the land where their ancestors lived, their thousands years old cities-everything they worked for. It's most likely the very end of the mayans as nation.. such a shame

Comment

• Dear, Sato Leader of an enslaved Civilisation

We the Mayans were able to make a deal with the Romans under good conditions. Instead of the knife to my throat the Spartans gave me. The year 1832 will go into the history books as the year of hope…. Finally we found a way to get us of this continent of blood (although our own blood).
                    Our children will find happiness and a future instead of enslavement or death….

May you to be one day free people!

Marcos

Comment

• Dear Marcos!

Continent of blood? That is your homeworld, that is where your citizens live under roman oppression. Your people has no future elsewhere, at least not as mayans. Enlighten me what are those good conditions? a few islands here and there? Probably I shouldnt try to explain this to you.. you cant be that fool not seeing this... I just hope there will be a time when Mayans will have their home back and can live in peace.

I agree btw that the spartan offer was a bad one.. i told them that their imperalistic approach will fail..

Oh, and we are slave to no one. Japan is part of the Spartan empire-our people are citizens not slaves.

Sato

Comment

• Great Emperor Alexander,

We the Mayan people are going to leave this continent of blood to a new peaceful place. Of course you will be so generous to let our innocent people leave this continent in a civilized way, so they can build a new life without constant thread from every corner. We hope you understand this difficult decision, to leave our beloved mother land in search for a better future.

May peace be with you, we the Mayans.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• The Mayan promise land:

but hey! they are free....

You have failed to save your people, enjoy the mud...

Comment

• Dear Sato,

We really feel sorry about the recent incident in “the Durango Times”. Hereby we would like to make an official apology on behalf of all Mayans. We hope this will not happen again.

Signed, The temporary interim Government of the Promised Land

Comment

Working...
                                X