Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beyond the Pit [Pitboss Diplomacy Game] [Story Thread] . PART 10 (May 2009)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saint Marcus Aurelius of the True Holy Roman Empire,

Thy words are honourable and thy never ly!
    Thy art worthy and thy art without lies!
    May I ask a question unto thee?
    Not that long ago thy claimed to have token possession of all of the Mayan lands only to secure the Roman coasts for the time the Mayans were in anarchy.
    Now the Mayans have a new, honourable, leader, will thy full fill thy words and return the Mayan lands, except from the Gaze Coastal Strip in the north you would keep for coastal security reasons, back to the Mayans?

I know that I do not really have to ask you because they art honourable and without lies! Thy words are like honey for the starving. They get fed when thy speaks.

Oh holy one, may thy reign be forever!
    May all nations be like thee! The Mayans surely are lucky to have fallen into thy hands.
    Imagine if the Mayans would have fallen into the hands of the untrustworthy, lying, betraying, oath breaking Spartans!!! That would have been horrible!
    But no, the gods blessed the Mayans and gave them into thy hands. Now they know that they will be returned what you promised them, because thy never break thy word.

Thanks oh great and uncorrupted leader of the Romans!
    Thy art an example for everyone.

Alexander the Tiny of the Barbarian Spartan Chiefdom

Comment

• We Pledge our Allegiance

Hail Emperor Ozzy,

we, the proud people of Spain, pledge our allegiance to the Metalhead empire. We have dispatched couriers with the official documents that attest to our intentions.

We would like to thank your greatness for the amicable agreement we have reached ending our recent struggle and hope for a fruitful cooperation in the future.

We have also made an offer regarding the transfer of our assets on New Sparta.

I do want to forewarn you of an existing state of war between Spain and Sparta, due to our previous allegiance. A diplomat offering a cease fire is underway to the Spartans as we speak, awaiting their acceptance.

warmest regards,

your loyal subject,
      General Alejandro Helvetico, Commander of the First Legion

Comment

• ozzy do not accept spanish vassalage before me (and japan) made peace with spain first. Or we will all be at war with each other.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Rome View Post
          Marcus laughs - "we have signed a generous peace with the Mayan. Huge numbers of Romans are leaving their ancient homes in New Portugal, handing over their livelihoods to Mayan, while the Mayan city of Durango opened its doors to Roman officers and settlers in teh greatest population exchange of history. ."
          Yes, Marcus you have every reason for your *evil* laugh.. you have found a puppet who sold his nation, their truly ancient land and cities for this:

Back to the nature!,- I guess...

Originally posted by Pitboss Rome View Post
          Marcus almost chokes "strange then isn't it how the Russians have just recaptured Pierced Hill the strategic heart of Piercia".

Oh, yes.. that crippled cossack.. ha ha..the roman troops are in fact just tourist there..he he

But anyway: as we said: our troops left the city so it doesnt have to endure the roman bombers' attack again.

And you can laugh at the "numbers", but actually we gained our data from a reilable source. While it's not totaly independent, since the war reports are made by a Japan agency its reports are as objective as possible and validated by foreign observers. (Here you can acces their data sheet, ofc some of these data are classified, red circle means those kind of troops were encountered first time in this war: http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/q...prox/info2.jpg)

Originally posted by Pitboss Rome View Post
          No Roman solider has yet to set foot outside of Roman/Russian territory.
          This is a plain lie: Roman troops are already invading Japan. And your entering this war was unjustified to say at least. You just use this opportunity to gain even more land and influence.. even stealing the Mayan land was not enough for you...
          Japan had every right to start this war-we was admitedly forced into this situation by evil actions- and now we will fight- even against impossible odds. And we make sure that while our defeat might be just the matter of time the pillagers will pay a huge price for every "victory"...

Japan foreign ministry
          Last edited by Pitboss Japan; May 30, 2009, 07:19.

Comment

• OOC - I won't continue an argument about truth here. I had said what I want to say in the org threat. I think that there is an issue but I don't think its soluable.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Spain View Post
                Hail Emperor Ozzy,

we, the proud people of Spain, pledge our allegiance to the Metalhead empire. We have dispatched couriers with the official documents that attest to our intentions.

We would like to thank your greatness for the amicable agreement we have reached ending our recent struggle and hope for a fruitful cooperation in the future.

We have also made an offer regarding the transfer of our assets on New Sparta.

I do want to forewarn you of an existing state of war between Spain and Sparta, due to our previous allegiance. A diplomat offering a cease fire is underway to the Spartans as we speak, awaiting their acceptance.

warmest regards,

your loyal subject,
                General Alejandro Helvetico, Commander of the First Legion

OOC - Ah crap, the city gifting didn't work somehow. I got several blank diplo screens. Then I accepted the vassalage without thinking. Now I can't request cities anymore since you are a vassal. Crap.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• ooc: good move spain
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                    ooc: good move spain
                    Who?!? Me?!?

Comment

• New President Of America

After rioting in the leaderless American capital of Washington following the death of Roosevelt, a strong and decisive new President has risen - Gerald Ford has come to power.

The presidents first action has been to suspend previous trade discussions with nations to our south pending review of what benefits the American people.

The second directive from the new president is to step up production of defensive military units given the unstable state of the world.

AP, Washington

Comment

• First victory against the flying monsters!

The romans used a small Wyandot village as a base to launch their coward attacks. During the night Japanese marines landed near Cape Fear and destroyed the fighters on the ground. Hopefully this easy victory against these flying warmachines will boost our soldiers morale even further.

((interestingly there are japanese flags painted on these planes. Everyone knows that japan has no aircrafts, but what could have been the romans intention with these paintings is unknown ))

Comment

• Greatest Peaceful Mass Movement of People in History

Across Roman New Portugal, citizens were packing up their possessions, handing over their homes to the 'exchange commissioners' and setting out on the journey north and west to the ports to take them to their new homes in the Mayan ancestral land.

Many stayed however, happily exchanging Roman citizenship for Mayan, impressed with the Mayan culture and government, and in love with their land now to be known as New Mayana.

At the same time, across Mayan ancestral lands, people faced a choice. Many, particularly the young, chose to leave, leaving behind the terror of Spartan attacks, for the new world - a world of mountains and rivers, woods and grassland, fish and minerals. Others chose to stay, knowing how Maya had flourished under Roman governance for the past two generations.

In particular many of the fighters of the RPG took up the offer of Imperator Augustine (the Roman governor of the Province of Africa, himself half-Mayan) to join the Roman forces and fight to destroy one and for all the threat of Spartan invasion, and to defend the defenceless women and children of the still Mayan-descent majority towns close to Sparta. Durango itself was constantly under attack by the tyrant.

Everywhere the joint Roman and Mayan exchange commissioners worked together to see that this, the greatest peaceful population exchange in all of history, went smoothly for all Roman and Mayan citizens
                          Last edited by Pitboss Rome; May 31, 2009, 16:38.

Comment

• Korea Revolts

High in the mountains above the Roman-Mayan city of Durango, a band of Korean warriors rested, freed for the first time in their lives from the endless danger of the Spartan secret police.

They were the bodyguard of Yi Song-gye the grandson of Sung Ye the Secretary-General of the Farmer's Union for a Constitutional Korea when the Korean people were crushed under the tyrany of Sparta. For many years their counter-insurgancy against Spartan oppression had been ineffectual, so strong was the Spartan military.

Now, however, at the encouragement of their Mayan friends and allies, the Korean leader had come for a private meeting with Imperator Augustine governor of the Roman province of Africa.

The deal was soon struck. Yi Song-gye agreed to raise rebellion in Korean, setting the countryside on fire, blocking the railways, while the Romans invaded from the East bringing liberty to the Korean people, who would receive equal citizenship of Rome along with their Mayan neighbours.

Finally the moment had come for the Koreans who had been oppressed by the Spartans throughout their history. Now they would get their revenge.

Comment

• Custos Marcus Aurelius addressed the Roman parliament

My friends, I have come here to announce the end of the beginning of the Great War.

Let me remind you what a maelstrom we have been through these last years.

In the days after the Mayan war, Rome focused on peaceful developments, working on clean power for all, the prosperity of our colonies, the success of the SMR. The world stood at peace.

Others however plotted in their dark caves. Intelligence has now confirmed that for twenty years the Spartans and Japanese worked secretly to enlarge their military, their whole industry focused on building tanks, working steadily year after year building machines of hatred and war.

Then at the other side of the world the Spanish appealed to us for help, appealing to the bonds of friendship between our people over many years. Their army had been defeated by the Meduian alliance. The situation shrouded in confusion, for many of their enemies where armed with technology far beyond what they could produce themselves. It was indeed the whole of Meduia against the Spanish people, Khmer arms, Indian and Holy Roman troops, Celtic support. Rome obeyed this call – for Rome has never abandoned its ties of friendship, has never broken a treaty.

Peace was almost established immediately, but the Spanish Queen Penelope committed suicide, and then the Meduian nations redoubled their attacks. It has now emerged why. The Spartans, already preparing for their betrayal, paid them to, hoping to draw Roman forces from the defence of our own nation to be tied up on Spanish soil.

Spartan diplomacy, as always, failed in the face of Roman courage and honour. The small number of Roman troops flown to Spain halted the Meduian alliance. One division of machine gunners turning back the grand amphibious assault deep in Spanish territory. And the Meduian nations, far more honourable and wise than the Spartans, made peace. Guarenteeing Spanish independence, guaranteeing Spanish borders, sending their army home, and indeed paying tribute to Rome.

Meanwhile as you know, senators, the Spartans betrayed all their oaths of friendship with Rome and tore up the treaty they had signed about the division of Piercia, and attacked the Pax Roman.

Never had Rome faced such a dire threat since the war of the traitors, when Sparta with the Oath-Breakers the Piercians and other nations launched a similar surprise attack on Rome.

The Russian capital fell at once. In the west, both in Piercia and Roman-Maya, hell opened her mouth and huge armies of Japanese and Spartans spewed forth. Countless tanks – our enemies had prepared at least five times as many tanks as the whole Roman army possessed. The Russian frontier in Piercia collapsed. Spartan tanks annihilated Roman cities on the frontiers. The Roman Sea was suddenly full of Spartan battleships and destroyers. This was not a moment of madness by a Spartan emperor, this was betrayal planned for twenty years by the Spartan and Japanese military who had bankrupted their countries preparing this onslaught.

I then set three objectives for our forces:

1. To clear the Roman sea of the Spartan navy.
                              2. To repulse the Spartan invasion, and solidify the frontline in Roman-Maya.
                              3. To roll-back the Japanese invasion of Russian-Piercia and recapture the Russian cities the Japanese armoured blitz-kreig had overwhelmed. (Russian riflemen having fought bravely but being no match for the Japanese tanks).

It has not been easy. Many Romans, Russians and Wynadot have been killed in the defence of liberty. Yes even the peace-loving Wynadot recognising that nobody would be free while the Spartan tyranny remained, declared war on Sparta. Recently they have paid a heavy price for their bravery as Spartan tanks, driven by the Japanese, have invaded their territory, their cities protected by mere macemen! Recently as you know the Mayans and now Koreans have joined us.

But our enemy have been defeated. I can now announce that these three objectives have been met.

Roman bravery and Spartan military incompetence have destroyed the huge Sparta-Japanese military advantage. Steady our soliders, sailors and airmen have whittled down the Sparta-Japanese advantage, those overwhelming numbers of tanks, and battleships. Spartan arrogance pushed their forces on too quickly, falling for trap after trap, believing that their tanks would crush all before them. But I tell you, one Roman solider with the spirit of the great Tribune Hieronymus in his heart, and a bazooka in his hand, can defeat any Spartan tank!

The Sparta-Japanese attack has now been halted.

The end of the beginning has come.

Now, the tide will turn. They have squandered the fruits of their betrayal and generations of build up to war. Now Roman tactical ability and bravery will overcome.

I have now set our generals just two new objectives:

1. To drive the Japanese out of Piercia, to give the Wynadot the security they deserve.
                              2. To free the Koreans from Spartan oppression.

I have no doubt that our forces will achieve this. The tide has turned. The long night has passed. Rome is safe once more. Now the one god will extract due punishment on the oath-breakers.

Comment

• Japan is in awe of the Roman diplomats, the true masters of manipulation.

Some of their achievements are truly remarkable:

-They convinced the mayans to change their ancient land and cities for some hovel in the tundra

-They convinced the mayans to join their forces and made them totally forget who banished them from their land and conquered their cities in the first place.

-They convinced the wyandots that this war is for the liberty of the world, and totally ignored the fact that it was Russia who conqered our cities and continued the aggression (cultural and spy warfare) after the peace treaty.

-They are actually trying to sell the "poor Romans are outnumbered by the big and evil Spartans and only their tactical ability turned the war" propaganda- while the truth is that the only tactic they have is to use their countless bombers from the safe distance. The fact that the Japanese army still holds clearly shows our soldiers bravery and heroism.

-But their biggest accomplishment is to make the world standing idle while they continue to increase their evil influence on Terra- very soon their will be one word.. one rule.. and it will be too late then.

Japan Foreign Ministry

Comment

Working...
                                X