Beyond the Pit -Argument and Debate Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MMC View Post
    It made sense to me... He moved units, realised he shouldn't have, and then moved them back.
    What? So they have 'double movement' as well? Japanese Musketeers must be fearsome! The fact is that if you make a mistake you live with it! Those Units double moved regardless of motive and so it is a clear breach of the rules.

That really is END OF STORY or we might as well abandon the whole thing if we just continue this debate.
    “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
    - Anon

Comment

• FF: you are confused about a 'double move'.
      One can move units back and forward during a turn. Why not?
      It was the simultanious moving that corrupted things, that's all.

And that's why we need a rule to ban simultanious moving and long-logins during wartime. That's all. Do you agree with that?
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Friendly Fire View Post
        mzprox,

Your english seems to have declined for now you are speaking gibberish.
        wow, thank you :/

Originally posted by Friendly Fire View Post
        How did units move out of Owari without being ordered to? You cannot debate the fact that they were there when I logged in. You cannot debate that immediately following my move away from Owari they departed the city! How much more of a double move can there be?
        Yeah, i'm getting really tired explaining my situation, but here is it again: Yes, the departure of Owari should have happened in my next turn, i have admited it, but i have already said many times that because of this i hadn't moved them in my following turn-so where is the double move? Those troops moved after your turn and only once so there is no difference in the outcome. I just should had wait till my next turn.

As to how I move when I enter the game under these circumstances is entirely up to me. If the situation is the same I 'may' decide to follow the same strategy but if not?
        Sure, i don't care what you do... so far this diplo game gave me quite different diplomacy that i hoped for

Argument ended? ok, i just hoped we can make it clear that it was not some kind of evil action on my part, what you still don't want to admit..

Comment

• Last question FF: Are you going to post that your accusations where wrong?
          Are you at least going to admit that your repeated posts where you called me a liar for claiming that I played not later then 1am, were wrong? Do you have those guts?
          If I am wrong then I will apologise and retract what I have said. I have done so on this thread before so I have the guts to admit error. In this case I believe myself to have been correct and so I offer no apology.

I can accept that some of the things I have said are based on circumstantial evidence so that were I sending a legal document I would always add 'Without Prejudice'.

I merely say what saw. It would not have mattered if it had been 11.00 - 1400 the wrong would still have been done. The hours that it occured over simply ampliphies the evidence of malpractice it is not the basis of it.

Your final point:~

It's no a double move. It's two civs moving simultaniously.
          Is a very interesting one. The moves came sequentially - even in TCP/IP they are - I move he moves......ad inf. Fine TCP/IP I can deal with that and expect it as part of the game. This was not the situation here as 'simultaniously' has a very specific meaning = 'at the same time'! This may have happened in the same turn but the Japanese one was reactive and, ipso facto, a double move!

Sorry Cyber, but I am in the right here, no apologies.
          “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
          - Anon

Comment

• Originally posted by Friendly Fire View Post
            When I eventually had to play my move it was close to 0200 BST. What does that make it in Budapest - something between 0500-0600? Does everyone in Hungary have a sleep disorder?
            This was a wrong calculation as it was proven. The real time when i logged out was 23:30 GMT+1, so you should apologize for this

Very noble to stay up till 0300 to do that! This was a pre-planned stitch up by you which has put me hopelessly out of position. Not a bad night's work!
            It was not preplanned, you are making assumptions even after i have explained what and why I did. Apology maybe?

Is a very interesting one. The moves came sequentially - even in TCP/IP they are - I move he moves......ad inf. Fine TCP/IP I can deal with that and expect it as part of the game. This was not the situation here as 'simultaniously' has a very specific meaning = 'at the same time'! This may have happened in the same turn but the Japanese one was reactive and, ipso facto, a double move!
            Double move: moving with the same units twice while your enemy moves none. For example declaring war one minute before the end of the turn, moving in then moving again in the new turn. This time this hadnt happen.

I thought i can make my move whenever i want during the turn (the rules were not clear to me and as it turned out even new rules were introduced after this)- After i had moved those 3 units i relized this could cause trouble and i posted the situation on the forum and in my next turn I tried to fix it: I didnt moved with those units which have "reacted" previously. Well you don't have to belive it but why are you assuming the worst from others?

And please: if you have problem with my move then address your concern to me.. now i feel as if you are speaking above my head (hungarian expression.. ) and not listening to what I'm saying.. (i'm talking about that this dispute looks like Cyber vs everyone else what just annoys me )

Comment

• Everyone, hush. There is nothing left to accomplish here but chest thumping and hurt feelings. A mistake was made, the game was reloaded, and we're off on our merry way again. Lets relax, join hands, and sing joyfully that crisis was averted.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Can someone please explain to me the advantage of joining a game so late as this one and them almost immediatly becoming some ones vassal.

i know japan in a bad position with enemies all around but why would you do this ?
                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
                  Can someone please explain to me the advantage of joining a game so late as this one and them almost immediatly becoming some ones vassal.

i know japan in a bad position with enemies all around but why would you do this ?
                  Joining late: I wanted to become familiar with diplo games so when a new game will be started i wont be a "noob"

Becoming someones' vassal: well as it turned out at the time i have joined Japan's territory was already divided among different players and they didnt seemed that they want to abandon their plans to take all my cities. By becoming one's vassal i made that my enemies now will kill each other.. maybe me too in the process but at least i got some time.
                  Anyway i find my quite hopeless situation a challenging and refreshing experience: next time, in a new game, the roles will be reversed

Comment

• Yea, I think it was a good move. Well done new Japan
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• seems that when you became a vassal of Greece he then declared war on japan and then openly posted that he was going to allow Russia to continue their war agaisnt you. Strange actions for a freind.

Seems more likely to me that Greece jsut wanted a war with russia to stop them getting all the old percian cities.

You would have been better off signing peacve with Greece and fighting russia alone to learn the art of diplo. Becoming a vassal at this point of the game only aids greece.
                      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinchak View Post
                        We should rename this game "Beyond Drama".
                        Isn't that Fox's new tagline?

Comment

• Actually I think the title "Beyond the Pit" is pretty accurate.

Because this game goes BEYOND the PITboss game and into the OOC forums on a consistent basis.
                          "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Working...
                          X