Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why don't you come back, you were a worthy competitor! We didn't touch Maya at all since you moved your last turn!
    So I still have my one worthwhile city?

But what this game needed was for our alliance to grow strong
    The Khmer/Mayan alliance was interesting, but unfortunately distance hamstringed it. Same could be said of any alliances I would have made with HRE, Metals, etc...

This game was an interesting experiment, with it's share of both bright spots and flaws.

I hope we learn from the flaws for next game. I still think pitboss is the best format for not only multiplayer, but diplogames as well.

It just needs to be carefully managed.

Comment

• I have something special for everyone tonight. Stay tuned.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinchak View Post
        So I still have my one worthwhile city?

The Khmer/Mayan alliance was interesting, but unfortunately distance hamstringed it. Same could be said of any alliances I would have made with HRE, Metals, etc...
        I was able to maintain strong relationships with those who were far away from me.

Comment

• @Rome: I admit, I cheated and did something on the background to make sure that Rome got Christo Redentor and not Sparta
          We must reload a couple of turns back and undo it. Sparta deserves that because I cheated that hard on them.

@Ozzy: still waiting anxiously(?) !
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
            1. if Rome/Sparta drop to the bottom of the scorelist, we still have more general points then Portugal/Khmer
            2. Portugal/Khmer won't be able to beat Sparta/Rome
            3. why don't you come back, you were a worthy competitor! We didn't touch Maya at all since you moved your last turn!
            4. sssssst
            Don't you be such a smug git

You may have a lot in the bank but you may not live to cash the cheque!:

1815 is not too late for others to have a say - even if only to decide which tyrant carries the day!

There is always NEXT TIME.
            Last edited by St Jon; May 17, 2009, 22:38.
            “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
            - Anon

Comment

• I'm just logging in to check out the situations (no moving)

Comment

• I think the server crashed on me mid-turn so I will have to finish it later.

Also, what's going on with the UN Elections? I apparently voted for Rome but I was never given the chance to choose at all! Is this a known PitBoss bug? Seems very strange because if the AI had it's way Russia and Rome would hate eachother whereas Russia and Portugal only distrust eachother so there is no rational reason for the AI to pick Rome as my preferred candidate. A lot of the other votes were random, to say the very least, as nations currently at War with Portugal actually wanted them as Secretary-General!

If it is a known bug then Diplomatic Victory/UN Wonder must be removed from the Game as it makes the whole thing a bit like a 'lucky dip'. If it isn't a known bug then a re-load is needed so people can cast their votes properly who missed out like me.
                Last edited by St Jon; May 17, 2009, 23:16.
                - Anon

Comment

• FYI: I'm not logging in until I hear back from Pantev.

Durya.

Comment

• @Jon: maybe when you crashed from the game (the server didn't crash) the Ai finished your turn or voted for you?
                    I had a chance to vote and my vote was correctly recorded.

Did other players get no chance to vote?
                    Remember that you can't vote when you're a vassal! (as far as I'm aware.)
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                      @Jon: maybe when you crashed from the game (the server didn't crash) the Ai finished your turn or voted for you?
                      I had a chance to vote and my vote was correctly recorded.

Did other players get no chance to vote?
                      Remember that you can't vote when you're a vassal! (as far as I'm aware.)

First thing on the screen was the result. Server didn't crash till later. I definitely got no chance to vote at all.

Doesn't matter as it allocated my votes where I wanted them and the result would have been the same regardless. As long as it was just a glitch on my previous Turn then it doesn't matter.
                      - Anon

Comment

• I am leaving this game due to the events surrounding the demise of the Persian Empire. Ever since that event happened I have just been on auto pilot in my game making decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Spain View Post
                          I am leaving this game due to the events surrounding the demise of the Persian Empire. Ever since that event happened I have just been on auto pilot in my game making decisions.

I am sorry about that, you will be missed.

Seems a shame to leave just when things have started to get interesting.

Comment

• c'mon Spain!
                            Rome and Portugal even came to your aid! Don't give it up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Spain View Post
                              I am leaving this game due to the events surrounding the demise of the Persian Empire. Ever since that event happened I have just been on auto pilot in my game making decisions.
                              Why didn't you quit when that happened instead of waiting until now? Seems to me there are sour grapes on your plate now that Ozzy has started a war with you and taken three cities.

Comment

• No particular desire to comment on Spain's decision - not sure I have anything constructive to say.

However, Spain is currently my vassal and I have entered a war on their behalf. Very reluctant to find myself trying to defend Spain when its own troops aren't going to be moving and contributing. Even very difficult to make a sensible peace with Ozzy now since he knows the Spanish will be a sitting duck, when before Spains announcement I could have got a good deal for them/me.

Hate to say it, but I think that all past experience suggests we pause to work out what to do. We can't have turns roll on with a dead duck in a war. We have already had quite a few turns at war without Penelope playing, which is one thing, but its a different matter when everyone knows they won't be playing.

Poor timing etc. etc. but if we need to focus on what to do to ensure this out-of-game action doesn't collapse the in-game into a farce.

Pause?

Comment

Working...
                                X