Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is the game unbalanced because persia is gone???

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Japan View Post
      How is the game unbalanced because persia is gone???

You know why and I said it many times before. It is not imbalance it is injustice. To gift size 20+ cities in well developed land for no effort whatsoever is entirely unfair. It is also a waste as a sub could have been found for Persia but never Korea.

None of it matters now anyway as it cannot be undone.

Comment

• I get the whole thing about how you feel what happened was an injustace. I just wanted to know why the celts call it unbalanced.

Comment

• The game is not unbalanced because Percia is gone, the game is unbalanced because one nation just gobbled up the whole civ for no OOC reason, and no-one bothered to stop them.
          Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
          "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• That still does not answer what I am asking. that would better fall under the unhappy catigory not the unbalanced.

Comment

• Japan did not get entire Piercia.
              Piercia consisted of about 7 cities, if I'm correct.
              Japan got 4 or 5 and gave away 3 ofhis own cities to others.
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Maya
                I'm not sure what island you speak of Rome. I didn't notice an island shared by Korea and Rome.
                South of the Gobi, there is a island about 8 tiles west-east and basically 1 tile north-south. There is a Korean city on the western end and a Roman on the eastern. Given the collapse of Korean culture and nationhood, it seems pretty logical that the people would look to their eastern neighbours.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy View Post
                  Japan did not get entire Piercia.
                  Piercia consisted of about 7 cities, if I'm correct.
                  Japan got 4 or 5 and gave away 3 ofhis own cities to others.
                  Japan got 10 cities and gifted 3, got 1 of those back due to diplomatic agreement with 3rd party, and has 'evened the score' with some useless scraps that nobody wanted. I got a Jap city on NS and will 'possibly' get a Settler and Worker to develope that land. I only got that due to being stubborn about the whole thing and rather wish I had not given in and forced your only other suggested, indeed only other possible, solution which was to restore Persia and look for a Sub. Those Persian cities are not like outposts on NP/NS, they are very large and well developed with good established infrastructure. Regardless of poss tech's, I do trust Japan's pledge not to have taken any, she gains Gold which must come her way with the mock war to conclude the takeover. It is a hugely unfair advantage that has been given as I have stated from the start!

Korea is different, I can understand someone being interested just to take part but having seen what they would inherit I cannot imagine anyone being prepared to play a turn every day on the most hopeless of all Civs in the game. Maya/Korea merger is logical and a couple of island cities coming Russia/Rome way is also explicable. Maya will suffer badly short term for those Korean cities and it will be very long term before any real advantage comes her way. I think it probably rules Maya out as part any conflict for a fair while and will hamper her tech for end game conflicts.

But none of it matters now as it was presented as a faite accompli and has now gone far too far to be worth further arguement.

It was still wrong!
                  “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                  - Anon

Comment

• I was not aware that Piercia was that big (10 cities).
                    Maybe some more should go to the Wyandots then.

Japan, what's your opinion. Did you got a bit too much?

Comment

• I only have 5 of their cities and I will be building my new capital in the old persian capital since this is the only way to keep myself out of the hole I put myself in. so to answer you question I have given all I am willing to give and I am a mn of my word so Russia will be getting the settler and two workers with in the next 11 turns.
                      Last edited by Pitboss Japan; March 19, 2009, 18:20.

Comment

• Persia was big and had potential. The only thing that stopped her development was the fact that her Ruler had rather become disheartened following a previous, unwitnessed by me, defeat had placed her in a cage. She still had hope and was a viable Civ if dynamic leadership had been present. Persia was, relative to her potential, very weak but could have been a lot more.

But let us forget this now!

Comment

• Ok, only 5 cities. That's indeed what I thought.
                          Piercia was not really that big, Russia. Their war against Russia had really cripled them.
                          Even now Russia is still bigger then Japan/Piercia combined.

But thanks for willing to forget and move on!

Comment

• People, don't forget to vote!
                            We vote for the happenings of February 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy View Post
                              People, don't forget to vote!
                              We vote for the happenings of February 2009
                              I've already voted? Have I?