X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant play till i get home.

Comment

• Originally posted by MMC
      Speaking of messages... Wittlich's ISP (AT&T) has, for some unknown reason determined that my IP address (which is unfortunately dynamic, hence why I use no-ip.org to produce the mmc.dontexist.com address) is a known sending address for spammers.

Therefore, I get a 'sender blocked' message every turn. It appears that XS4All is less praised by spammers than BT, unless Cyber has a static IP of his very own.
      I really don't know what to say....It is my ISP dammit!!!

I have opened up the required ports(and some) in my firewall....If AT&T still does not like you - take it up with them.

However, I have not gotten the notice of mmc.dontexist.com as a spam address. If I did, I would have immediately claimed it as a trusted site.

Comment

• perhaps now as the 2nd smallest civ. (only 1 pt from bottom) people will like my people.

Not sure what else i got to do....

Comment

• oh one question,

We are going to reveal at game end who is who arent we.

But i have kept all PMs from Japan detailing certain information that may or may not be needed later in game or end of game.

The Hidden Island was only a small part of what he told me.
          Last edited by OzzyKP; September 1, 2008, 09:23.

Comment

• hey. mmc, i hear you know how to get bts to run in linux.... could you send me a pm with some tips maybe?

Comment

• also, what's the address for the diplomail...?

Comment

• It's all in the first post of this thread. (diplomail info, etc.)

@Rasputin: if there's some info that may be problematic for the game, please let me know about it.

I'm against forcing players to tell them if they are or are not a certain civ without getting evidence that it is really nessecarily.

We have already lost too many anonymity in this game.
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• @Wittlich: Actually, I realised my mistake. It's not my ISP that's blocked, it's my mail provider, Heart Internet (a UK hosting company). Their SMTP server (smtp.outitgoes.com) is the one that's blocked, which actually makes more sense. Anywho, the easy fix if as follows:
                  • Login to the game.
                  • Open the Civ Details dialog (Menu -> Your Details)
                  • Empty the box marked 'Email Address'
                  • Use CivStats to send out your turn emails.
                  • Problem solved!

@Russia: I can only offer a couple of links and no guarantees, for the moment. Once Cyber takes over again in the next couple of days, I'll be able to reboot and experiment. Then I can give you better instructions.

As it stands, Civ4 is officially supported by Transgaming's Cedega (formally WineX). BtS should be installable over the top, using the same system, however, as I mentioned, I can't test it right now.

The other main option is to use a Virtual machine to install Windows (which is better than installing it over the top of, or alongside, Linux). Sun's VirtualBox (www.VirtualBox.org) is free and very good, although it doesn't yet appear to support DirectX (it might support OpenGL, however I haven't tested that). Novell's Xen is another alternative (not tested), or you can try VMWare's free Player software (more likely to support DirectX)
                  Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                  "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• I think its fun to reveal our identities at the end of the game, actually it should be required so we can decide if we want to play with people in the future or not. Although the trash seems to have been taken out anyway.

Comment

• Has anyone had this problem; I went into the game and when I try to select my country and click GO nothing happens. At all. What's up with that?

Comment

• perhaps now as the 2nd smallest civ. (only 1 pt from bottom) people will like my people. Not sure what else i got to do....
                        Ever consider that it may not be your people that are not liked?

But i have kept all PMs from Japan detailing certain information that may or may not be needed later in game or end of game. The Hidden Island was only a small part of what he told me.
                        I'd like to hear the rest of it, especially if it is accusing me of somehow cheating.

You know, I worked with the dude, and we talked about this game alot. I always tried to not reveal anything about the map, although being human I might have slipped on some minor things.

I think at one point he asked me where the Vikings were. I told him they were close to Japan, but didn't reveal which direction.

Why did Ozzy edit your post?

If there are some other concerns about what I leaked mapwise lets get them on the table now. If I was in the wrong I will admit it, however as mentioned before I believe I was very forthright about not giving out info, even to a friend at the time.

Comment

• I honestly think that whatever Japan told you should be out in the open if it concerns the map and stuff. Its better to get all of this nonsense out of the way right now, we don't need another mysterious post from you later, seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
                            It's all in the first post of this thread. (diplomail info, etc.)

@Rasputin: if there's some info that may be problematic for the game, please let me know about it.

I'm against forcing players to tell them if they are or are not a certain civ without getting evidence that it is really nessecarily.

We have already lost too many anonymity in this game.
                            It will only impact my overall enjoyment i think.

But i think it is essential at end of game to reveal all.

I dont think the info i hav e now is currently impacting game so will not mention it again till end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinchak

Ever consider that it may not be your people that are not liked?

I'd like to hear the rest of it, especially if it is accusing me of somehow cheating.

You know, I worked with the dude, and we talked about this game alot. I always tried to not reveal anything about the map, although being human I might have slipped on some minor things.

I think at one point he asked me where the Vikings were. I told him they were close to Japan, but didn't reveal which direction.

Why did Ozzy edit your post?

If there are some other concerns about what I leaked mapwise lets get them on the table now. If I was in the wrong I will admit it, however as mentioned before I believe I was very forthright about not giving out info, even to a friend at the time.
                              Well i knew he was told where i was, he claimed at first his VAST navy had explored the world early, but i didnt beleive him. so was continually asking him questions , he finally revealed he was informed where i was by the map maker so he then contated me, this was before any nations had even met in game.

The Truth is out there. Fortuantly it not impacting directly on game.

As Capo says it will probably only affect who i will volunteer to play with, as probalby most others will do same.

Comment

• People who know each other in real life always tend to tell each other things. That may not be the perfect way, but that's how it works. We're all humans and that's most probably what most of us would do as well.

Maybe that's another reason why anonymous play is good. I'm thinking about inviting an ex-co-worker. If I would do that, I'd certainly not tell him what civ I am.
                                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                                X