Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't say you did a bad job on the map, I just think its hokey but that's my opinion and to each his own. None of this will effect anything I do in future diplomacy.

Comment

• so at least I know now who Blackdragon is...

I wont break his anon now as that is not necessary , but it was as i suspected since his first PM to me.

I dont get paranoid guys , i investigate, I delve deep.
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• and now i wil lreturn to the other login and continue as before...

CAUGHT and BOWLED by Rasputin.

Comment

• Welcome to this little thing we call Diplogames!
          Yeah man, you ever hear about people going off the deep end playing Dungeons and Dragons?

That pales in comparison to the insanity that sometimes occurs here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinchak

Yeah man, you ever hear about people going off the deep end playing Dungeons and Dragons?

That pales in comparison to the insanity that sometimes occurs here.
            Its part of the fun though. Let's admit it.

Comment

• looks to me like only a few of you go over bord. it will be interesting to see how long it takes before you kill eachother.

Comment

• I'm going to work right now, but let me post a small post first before things get out of hand:

1. The only reason why I saw the map was because the moment we wanted to start the game for the 3rd time there were some problems with the map. (starting techs, cities already built, etc.)
                Pinchak was not around so I fixed it quickly so we could (finally) start.

I never really really investigated the map and I never saw that Island. That doesn't mean that it's not there, it just means that I didn't look well enough.

I haven't removed it.
                I have almost forgotten everything about the map (really). I also have forgotten which civ those people had who accidentally told me about it during the setup.

I think it's because a lot happened in my life (daughter, new house, new job, other new job), it's really gone

2. If that skull island is there, well, then it's there. Let's enjoy it in a diplo-way. We'll see who finds it and what happens. Please nobody leaves the game for that.

3. Can the Greek and the Celts confirm if they met each other indeed? Do they use their 'contact'? Please don't till you guys really met.

4. Please NOBODY leave this game in the coming days. Take time to reconsider, let things settle a bit, then take your decision in a few days, not hot on the spot

GOing to pray that I can still catch the train now
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• RUN CYBER RUN!!!!

I am certainly NOT going to leave.

Comment

• Its part of the fun though.
                    Oh without a doubt. You couldn't PAY for this sort of entertainment. Although sometime it is legitimate bull$hit... like people threating to leave the game every other day.

@ Cyber, just for the record, I wasn't trying to bust your chops too hard about looking at the map. There were last minute concerns that did need addressed either by you or me. People had concerns about how many people had saw it though, so I thought I would make it very clear it was just you and I.

@Carter2160 Your not fooling anyone. You know having double logins is prohibited by apolyton?

I never really really investigated the map and I never saw that Island. That doesn't mean that it's not there, it just means that I didn't look well enough.
                    The mystery grows! Does Skull Island exist, or is it a myth? NOBODY knows for sure. Honestly, I think I may have nixed it last minute.
                    Last edited by Pinchak; August 29, 2008, 02:19.

Comment

• This is great!!

Play on all!!

And thanks Cyber and Pinchak for all your hard work.
                      "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinchak
                        Ok, here is the real deal...

1. I made the map. This was deemed ok by the community.

2. All starting locations were random.

3. I worked in real life with Blackdragon, and actually introduced him to diplogames.

4. While thinking up ideas for the map, I kicked around the idea of making an island shaped like a skull that contained the worlds uranium supply. Dispite Capo's assessment that this would be retarded, I thought it would create extremely interesting political shifts, war, story posts, etc... to see who would control it. (And in my defense, uranium is only found in a few isolated areas on real life earth).

5. Although I discussed the idea with Blackdragon at work, I never confirmed that I created the island, let alone disclosed it's location. And to be honest, IF I did leave it in the final version I couldn't tell you what direction it is from my starting spot.

6. Myself and Blackdragon DID have a secret alliance from the game start. HOWEVER, despite his begging for map info he has neither seen the map, or knows anymore info than anyone else but Cyber and myself. I didn't even let him know where we were on the map in relation to each other, except I think I told him we were not next to each other.

7. Any secret alliance we did have is over now. Trust me on this one.

8. I sent the final version of the map to Cyber so he could start the game. At that time I think it did contain the fabled "Skull Island" containing approx. 50-70% of the worlds uranium.

9. Cyber opened the map (he wasn't suppose to), and previewed it I guess to make sure it was ok. He mentioned he made some changes, one of which might have been altering or flat out deleting skull island. I don't know what he changed however, so in fact, only Cyber knows the true layout of the map.

So in short, Cyber is the only person who can really answer the question about skull island, and I believe he already said no such island was on the final final version.

Sorry for all the confusion and anger caused by this. I should have known better then to mention ANYTHING about the map in front of another player, although at the time I never could have imagined it would blow up like this. There was never a conspiracy to find the island early and inhabit it between myself and Blackdragon, although I must admit I was looking forward to seeing the **** hit the fan once a few people discovered physics.

I am confused. Is the island the only source of Uranium.

Having most of it is fine, but all is just....

Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• So what are we doing with Russia? Having someone only end their turn is not a solution here.

Should i start posting for a perm sub? I thing we should be able to get someone pretty quickly.

Also CS post the real name of that person please. the person in question never set if he was coming back, we know that he has some tech issues. Is he coming back? we can't wait indefinetly.

Comment

• I will wait for a response on this, then i will post on civfanatics, i bet we will have someone in no time.

Comment

• oh i sent a PM to solver but her hasnt enabled my PITBOSS login yet.

So wil lbe using this one for the short term.

Comment

• I got the same problem here as Raz and H can't login as my civ.

Comment

Working...
                                X