This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pitboss Rome

Its good to see someone has checked out the link and found proper historical names for those two Roman provinces.

I must say I like the quirk nation of Japan, just the right amount of evil.

To: Japan

Hey wanna form an axis?

Japan would love to join an axis if we are on equal terms. but if rome or enyone takes Japan's funloveing nature as a weakness you will quickly see how evil Japan can really become.
    Last edited by Pitboss Japan; May 31, 2008, 23:15.

Comment

kwestion?

does timer move if all turns done?

Comment

does timer move if all turns done?
        Yes, but with 18 players I wouldn't really look forward to that happening often.

Ok, I'm in the final phases of the map. Just putting the finishing touches on it, including the godforsaken ice bridge. I need to know from an expert what exactly are the rules governing where and where not a galley can go? I know ocean and culture boarder has something to do with it.

Comment

Could you elaborate on that a bit? Some of us are new to Pitboss.
          Basically all that you need to do is click on the link that the host of the game provides and then you select the civ that you are playing as. For this to work you need to be logged into civstats, so you need to create a registry over at civstats and for this you will need to have an email address for the site to send emails to that will tell you when a turn is done. So just go to http://www.civstats.com and register right now, since it is the best site for pitboss games. Also if you have logged into the site then you can register your leader in the game you are in and you will then be able see how long the game has left if you are in the my games section since that shows which games you are registered in. It is a very helpful tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinchak

Yes, but with 18 players I wouldn't really look forward to that happening often.

Ok, I'm in the final phases of the map. Just putting the finishing touches on it, including the godforsaken ice bridge. I need to know from an expert what exactly are the rules governing where and where not a galley can go? I know ocean and culture boarder has something to do with it.

Galleys can't go into ocean. But they can sail within cultural borders if I remember right (I know workboats do).

Comment

Originally posted by Pitboss Spain
              Basically all that you need to do is click on the link that the host of the game provides and then you select the civ that you are playing as. For this to work you need to be logged into civstats, so you need to create a registry over at civstats and for this you will need to have an email address for the site to send emails to that will tell you when a turn is done. So just go to http://www.civstats.com and register right now, since it is the best site for pitboss games. Also if you have logged into the site then you can register your leader in the game you are in and you will then be able see how long the game has left if you are in the my games section since that shows which games you are registered in. It is a very helpful tool.
              It dosen't accept the plomp.eu email adress.

Comment

It dosen't accept the plomp.eu email adress.
                ??? Why not?
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Hmmm, that's because it doesn't accept a subdomain behind the @. Stupid site....!

I've given you all a civname@plomp.eu mail alias as well.
                  Thus you can signup at civstats using ie. zulu@plomp.eu instead of zulu@diplo.plomp.eu.

Both accounts keep working though

Comment

Originally posted by Pinchak
                    I could use latin two word phrases that pertain to the geography of the contenant.
                    Sounds great.

In any other case there might be something inspiring the storyline afterwards. Like theese two :

Cybershia : The land of the God of hospitality.
                    Pinchaka : The land of the Creator.

My 2 cents...

Comment

Pinchaka

Comment

Originally posted by Vampgelus

Sounds great.

In any other case there might be something inspiring the storyline afterwards. Like theese two :

Cybershia : The land of the God of hospitality.
                        Pinchaka : The land of the Creator.

My 2 cents...
                        Cyberia sounds better.

BTW Is the map done yet?

Comment

just an idea. one of the moons orbiting jupiter is called Europa.

looking at the names of some of the other moons...

-Adrastea
                          -Amalthea
                          -Themisto
                          -Lysithea
                          -Carpo
                          -Euporie
                          -Thelxinoe
                          -Euanthe
                          -Orthosie
                          -Heliki
                          -Praxidike
                          -Ananke

and more great names that would sound very continental and cool. just a suggestion.

Comment

Themisto, Heliki, Adrastea, Carpo sound great

BTW Is the map done yet?

Comment

4 players haven't read the PM I've sent to them yet.
                              6 civs haven't been tested in the test game.

I hope that everybody will test their ability to join to the game ASAP. If you have problems, share them here (using your anon account)

Comment

When does the real pitboss start? Midnight CEST or what?

Btw will the IP be the same as it was for the test game? Also will it be on the site that we can now register?

Also, is the map done yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X