Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Ok Pinchak, you also PM all civs on which continent they are, ok? You can name both continents Let me know the names of both continents, I'll setup 2 threads. I'll split up the current thread.

2. Yes, it's "my time", CET (Central Europen Time) = UTC+1 6 hours may be a problem because one may lose a turn while sleeping.....
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

So my proposal for Pinchak to tell each of us on which continent has been accepted?
      As soon as I get all the starting positions numbered I will send a request to Ozzy for the random list of civs/numbers. (Ozzy, don't send the list until I request, I want to make sure Cyber has the numbered map first. Also, if you can, CC cyber on that email so he can verify that the time it was sent was AFTER I sent him the map).

Once the above is complete, I can issue a final list of what civs are on which of the two main starting contenents.
      Last edited by Pinchak; May 31, 2008, 13:07.

Comment

I think we should have a bit of fun with naming the continents too. They should be good and "real" sounding names. I would love to see any of the names in bold be used to describe the two inhabited continents. I think the third one and any smaller land masses should be named in the game, from what I have read diplo games this has happened before and the in-game names usually stuck.

Why don't we just recycle the "real soudning" names of contients that existed in the past?

Gondwana and Laurasia?

Or perhaps historical names given to lost or nonexistant lands? (note: some of these names have been recycled in fiction)

Hyboria? Mu? Thule? Hyperborea? Lemuria? Shangri-La?

Atlantis has too many connotations to be usefull.

Or maybe just have America and Eurasia, but that may be biased towards the African civs, plus it makes less sense since we will be mixed up.

Just to clarify, I am not calling for a vote. Heavens forbid! I'm just asking which names you like, Pinchak can then make his choice on what people propose.
        Last edited by Pitboss Rome; May 31, 2008, 13:25.

Comment

Well, for myself I could care less what the two continents are called.

Comment

Last edited by Blackdragon921; May 31, 2008, 14:26.

Comment

/

Last edited by Pitboss Japan; May 31, 2008, 14:31.

Comment

/

Last edited by Pitboss Japan; May 31, 2008, 14:32.

Comment

!

Last edited by Pitboss Japan; May 31, 2008, 14:33.

Comment

well im going to be on an island so i only care about what i call my island.

Comment

Portugul thinks that Japan is a funny nation.

Comment

Call the continent where the Greek will start 'Greece', that'll be the name of the island in the end anyway.

Call the other continent 'Macedonia'.

Comment

But come on people, this is Diplo!

The continents need good names if not for any other purpose then for the story threads. I must say I like Gondwana and Laurasia the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitboss Greece
                            Call the continent where the Greek will start 'Greece', that'll be the name of the island in the end anyway.

Call the other continent 'Macedonia'.
                            Its good to see someone has checked out the link and found proper historical names for those two Roman provinces.

I must say I like the quirky nation of Japan, just the right amount of evil.

To: Japan

Hey wanna form an axis?
                            Last edited by Pitboss Rome; June 1, 2008, 02:33.

Comment

I could use latin two word phrases that pertain to the geography of the contenant.
                              Last edited by Pinchak; May 31, 2008, 18:27.

Comment

rools setings sumary?

esact start time?

Comment

Working...
                                X