Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the general thought from those that bother to post here though is that you are stuffed, you hve to attac khim to get your worker back, meantime he gets to use the worker and you dont.

I think the whole thing stinks.
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Let's not overhype too much on the double move thing, it didn't bring the Mayans any advantage.
      We've said that it was bad form and the worker should be returned. period.

But if the Mayas are a stronger civ then the Coreans then the Coreans must be willing to give in to some demands, ie. regarding borders. If not, then accept that harm will be done upon you.

I've refused to negotiate with Toni at one point at a certain game. He kept taking my cities and razed some of them. He was clearly stronger then me. I thought that was bad form but it's a concequence as well for being stubborn at the negotiation table.

It's everybodies right to be stubborn while being the weaker civ, but don't complain about the stronger civ tearing you in parts in the organization thread. Complain in-character in the story thread and try to get other civs at your side.

Maybe the Coreans shouls send a request to the Greek and ask for help.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
        I've refused to negotiate with Toni at one point at a certain game. He kept taking my cities and razed some of them. He was clearly stronger then me. I thought that was bad form but it's a concequence as well for being stubborn at the negotiation table.
        I remember that

However, your stubborness made you a diplomatic victor. Toni was very hurt after that relationships-wise IC.

And you kept it ENTIRELY IC. Brilliant stuff.

No OOC posts that I remember, so Maya could take a leaf out of your book here.
        "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• If Maya are stronger and Corea wants their worker back I would personally let go of the Copper.

It's a long game and we all have long memories. Get the advantage now.
          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
            Let's not overhype too much on the double move thing, it didn't bring the Mayans any advantage.
            We've said that it was bad form and the worker should be returned. period.
            And yet he still hasn't.

But if the Mayas are a stronger civ then the Coreans then the Coreans must be willing to give in to some demands, ie. regarding borders. If not, then accept that harm will be done upon you.
            Do you think the two might somehow be related?

It's everybodies right to be stubborn while being the weaker civ, but don't complain about the stronger civ tearing you in parts in the organization thread. Complain in-character in the story thread and try to get other civs at your side.
            Good story. Was he stronger than you because he cheated?

Maybe the Coreans shouls send a request to the Greek and ask for help.
            Maybe instead the advantage the Mayans gained OOC should be dealt with OOC.

Comment

• Seriously, the Mayas have made themselves a target now so work on you IC diplomacy and achieve a greater victory - more credit to you.
              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• My input:

I can tell you one thing here, the more the Maya post stories in the story thread the more i start to like them. They at least are taking an IC prescpetive on things. Compare to Korea who haven't even tried to play this out via the story thread.

You can always build another worker. I will not be suprised to see Maya coming back to finish the job, if you do not take a more proactive stance in the story thread.

If you play weak he will bully you till the end of times my Korean friend. Find a friend, build some defence units and you will be safe. This is still a 50/50 opportunity here. Don't forget he build the Stone.. wonder. Thus he hasn't had the time to grow or build new cities yet.

Last but not least I really love the drama, nice to have such an conflict so early in the game.
                Last edited by Pitboss Portugal; July 4, 2008, 09:29.

Comment

• I agree with Portugal.

And I agree with Deity. When CS was getting beat up on (and being foolishly stubborn (like Carpathia)) he dealt with it IC. Not whining OOC like Corea is. Toni didn't cheat and neither has Maya really. Whether or not they double moved is up for debate (i think they did) but it didn't give them any tactical advantage. They only took the worker afterwards anyhow when Corea was whining here instead of protecting himself and moving his worker. That's just silly. No excuse for that.

So while I agree the worker should be returned, I don't have any issues with Maya returning it on their time table - not Corea's.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Once again, Corea, Maya didn't cheat.
                    He ignored/forgot about a rule, but didn't got any advantage from that.
                    You got into problems when you attacked his warrior and lost.

You should go In Character and discuss the borders with the mayans.
                    As soon as you start doing that the community will back you up in your request to get back your worker.

But remember that you didn't lose your worker because anybody cheated. You just lost it because you didn't defend it very well.

Comment

• I'm done with this issue.
                      Apparantly both parties aren't willing to solve things and are only busy to make things more complicated.

I don't see where the Mayas need to insult almost everybody came from, but I don't even feel the need to defend myself.

case closed.

Comment

• well done cyber, move the argument so it can be ignored and people can continue playing in blissful peace.

Comment

• To avoid that we're going to create a huge fight in this thread which will result in the end of the game, I've moved some posts to a "argumentation" thread.

People who have fun argumentating over small details of something that's just a game forever, can continue overthere. Please don't infect others in this very cool game with this fighting-virus.

Thanks.

Posts posted in this thread that do not give any structural help in solving our current issue will be moved to that thread. Right now my suggestion is: let the Coreans and the Mayas solve it themselves. Everybody knows the 'game decision' regarding the worker, the rest is up to them. In the meanwhile: don't forget to cast your votes regarding diplomacy, story telling, etc.

I'm only a human being so it's very well possible that I have removed some posts that belong here and missed some posts that belong there. I'm sorry in advance.

Comment

• I'm sorry to say this but he isn't lieing. this is how it goes. Lord knows I hate the Mayans but at the same time I respect the Mayan leader. He is far wiser of the truth of things then anyone really wants to admit. but just so I'm clear I will still destroy the Mayan filth from the pages of history.

edit by CS: removed the Maya quote which was removed from this thread already.

Comment

• i think the votes shouldnt be private they should be public.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Japan
                                I'm sorry to say this but he isn't lieing. this is how it goes. Lord knows I hate the Mayans but at the same time I respect the Mayan leader. He is far wiser of the truth of things then anyone really wants to admit. but just so I'm clear I will still destroy the Mayan filth from the pages of history.

edit by CS: removed the Maya quote which was removed from this thread already.
                                good luck with that. I glad my people are peace lovers.

We only hate the Animals !

Comment

Working...
                                X