This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to reload the game anyway.
    Wow, we reload games when someone attacks a unit and loses?

Anyone else see ANYTHING wrong with this?

Let it be known that a policy like this endangers the fair chances of everyone if turns can be replayed based on battle outcomes. VERY questionable.

Comment

• I got the idea that Corea lost it's capital.....
      if he didn't, I won't reload. (just don't take it)

In war: don't double move.
      I wonder why there's a war, but make a good story post about that.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• No, the capital is still Corean, for now.

In war: don't double move.
        So is this a new rule or are you refering to an pre-game rule? How long until you can take your second move?

Comment

• it's a pre-game rule.
          We have only agreed on how it should work in a 24h timer. We said: 8 hours between moves.

So that's 1/3 of the timer, that's 2,8 hours for an 8 hour timer.

Since the Coreans attacked themselves I'm not going to reload. But you should not take their city.
          That's a basic rule of diplogaming, don't eliminate each other nor damage ones civ in such a way that it has no future or fun.

And there should always be a story around a war. Not just war. Make a story. Why is the war there, how does it proceed.

Comment

• No, the attack was a dumb move on my part. But he had already declared war and double-moved to my cap.

As for Maya's conditions, I'd rather quit the game than accept them.

Comment

• Thanks Maya for telling us what happened. I say you two best negotiate something out. And i agree there is no need to reload if Korea has his capital. By the way why does Korea has only one warrior, i think most had enough time to build more units and defend their lands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Korea
                What are his conditions?

Comment

• I actually see nothing wrong on Maya's part, i doult he was planning to take that cap with a warrior in it, pretty impossible. Most probably a worker steal which is a smart move, but a story would have helped a lot as CyberShy said.

Comment

• actually we need to get to thebottom of this.

Aquisations flying around.

firslty Korea says MAya decalred war and used double move to get next to his city. Korea stuffed up and attacked with his only defender.

but MAya says that his explorer was attacked whist exploring.

so i want to know, who declared war?

This is pivotal to the solution of this .

Comment

• What are his conditions?
                      1. To know the player idenity of Korea. I will not devulge this info to anyone else. Actually, just a conformation of if it is a pro or not would suffice.

2. A boarder agreement of my making. I will try to keep it fair.

3. Peace agreement

i doult he was planning to take that cap with a warrior in it, pretty impossible. Most probably a worker steal which is a smart move
                      Well, the korean capital had +40% defence, so no, I wasn't planning on attacking it.

Keep in mind this isn't ment to be an insult. It actually will be benificial to both our civs as we can relax once boarders are defined.

Comment

• 1. Not going to happen. This is supposed to be an anonymous game.

2. I've seen your sense of fairness already.

3. We had that before you declared war.

Originally posted by Toni
                        Thanks Maya for telling us what happened. I say you two best negotiate something out. And i agree there is no need to reload if Korea has his capital. By the way why does Korea has only one warrior, i think most had enough time to build more units and defend their lands.
                        I had one killed by lions, one out exploring, one half-way built, and one in the capital.

The attack on my part was a dumb move (I thought right-clicking would give me the attack odds. It didn't), but he had jumped me against the rules and without a story.

Comment

• stil lno answer to who declared war first

game mechanics means no one can enter anothers cultural area without declaring war

MAYANS statement

Now, I cannot help that my explorer unit wandered into enemy territory and then was attacked.

or Korean Statement

The jerk playing the mayans declared war and double-moved on me. I stupidly attacked him with the warrior in my capital and lost. Not a word of diplomacy either.

Comment

• How can he wander into my territory without it being a war?

Comment

• Originally posted by Toni
                              Thanks Maya for telling us what happened. I say you two best negotiate something out. And i agree there is no need to reload if Korea has his capital. By the way why does Korea has only one warrior, i think most had enough time to build more units and defend their lands.
                              you are joking right ?

My one solitary warrier is patrolling my cultural boirders to look for barbarians and protect my worker, i have not had time to build a second one yet.

If the MAya were my neighbour or some other ruthless NON Diplo style player i would be open to a compelte wipeout.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Korea
                                How can he wander into my territory without it being a war?
                                I agree he can not enter your Cultural borders without declaring war....

I am amazed at how some people have sided with the MAyans and yet without some more facts otherwise it definatly appears a totaly unproveked invasion of Korean Cultural borders. Double move to get next to city.

Not a single post in story thread to allude to the war, nor any follow up in the story thread to talk of war.

I am of thebelief we have here in this game a number of players who are unaware what a diplo game is about.

I hope the game is done now Cyber till this issue is resolved, no further turns allowed.

Comment

Working...
                                X