No announcement yet.

Diplogame Rules and Victory Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has frank invented a religion? which one?
    Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• Yeah, that's fine by me lz. Was jesting

I might not have the points correct so please advise... Frank has not invented a rel?
      "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Hey, now I'm 2nd 8)
        I suddenly like the system 8)

Oh well, I'm fine with it. Maybe it's disballanced and we'll adjust it for HOTW8 (can't wait, must be a 18 player game )

Let's go with it.
        Who cares anyway, it's all about the playing!
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Somebody invented Buddhism.
          That may very well be Frank.....

Hinduism: CyberShy
          Bhuddism: Frank
          Judaism: Ozzy
          Krishnianity (!!): CyberShy

Comment

• Deity invented Buddhism.

And as for points for wonders vs. land area & population. CS said that land area should be reduced since it is included in the score anyways. So are wonders. Plus Frank accuses the system of favoring builders I think, so cutting down areas like land area & population would annoy him more I think. So I recommend not changing that.

As for me having the most points.... you guys just suck. :P
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
              As for me having the most points.... you guys just suck. :P
              and this is NOT taking into consideration the subjective points system, for all we know ozzy may come out very badly in that department.
              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Ozzy: And as for points for wonders vs. land area & population. CS said that land area should be reduced since it is included in the score anyways. So are wonders.

Well, that's true indeed.
                Though I think the ballance is more in favour to land then to wonders currently.

But like I said: let's just use it like it is right now. We can always iron it out more after this game ends and we have some real data 8)

Comment

• So you're starting to come around I see.

Wait till Ozzy has all 5 most cultured cities (but none that a legendary) and gets a ton more points for that. If we want to reward cultural victory attempts we should give bonuses for legendary cities, I think that would be fair, since outside of land expansion and culture victory culture has no meaniful affect on the game.

The highest land area bonus would be ok, but there's no best production output or best economy catigories to balance it.

But basicly, a religion isn't worth 6 wonders either. Particularly 2nd, and 3rd, and 4th religions. :P
                  A fully spread relgion in each city is roughly the same as Bachs, or Norte Dame. A shrine with good coverage brings in as much gold as another woder. The ability to run nice religious civics might be worth 1 or 2.

So personally I think that a religion should only be worth 2 points, and that one with a shrine should be worth 3, and that extra religions should only be worth 1, since most of their benefits (except shrine gold) overlap and don't impact the game.

And civ score means nothing....

Comment

• The highest land area bonus would be ok, but there's no best production output or best economy catigories to balance it.
                    I think Frank is right we should include a best production and economy catigories.

Comment

• Great job deity on the table

Last edited by Toni; September 27, 2006, 13:30.

Comment

• Many tweaks can be made and I am for tweaking myself but I suggest that we take this score system and evaluate it with real-game-scores.

Be sure to write down for yourself when you invented key-techs. I have auto-saves of every turn so it can be checked if needed.

Comment

• So I'll keep updating this table and put it in the setup thread ozzy?

I think my cap, Ko Choson, is the 3rd most cultured city but how do I know for sure?

And I presume I have to take out Inca's religion? Yes?
                          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• the problem wiht best economy\production is that on the last turn people will take away food just to heighten their production and cash flow.

and very few cities will ever get highest culture. why dont we instead use the 5 best cities? give points from that list and remove the "most cultured".

ah. I cant be bothered no more. decide something. as long as it isnt any major changes I'll be fine with it.
                            Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• I know I should be writing in the story thread but I'm more of a numbers person
                              Attached Files
                              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Ok, that's the least understandable table I ever saw
                                There's not a number in there, mr. number person :P

Comment

Working...
                                X