3.17 changelist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Huzzah.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Is the Mesoamerica mod a fan mod? Or is it an in-house Firaxis mod?

Comment

fed: That surprises me, it looks like it's the same save version. Oh well.

Virulent: I believe it is an in-house mod.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Nice!!! Many thanks Alex et al.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy

more
              I just checked and it's indeed more. I now get an average of 150 gold per hut. 1 even gave me 204!

Comment

I think I must be psychic. I haven't even visited this site in several months. I finally get around to checking in and lo and behold, a new patch has just been released. Goodbye super buggy and frustrating NWN2, hello Civ4.
                The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Originally posted by fed1943
                  Just patched.
                  Old saves no longer work.
                  Just the pitboss with Snoopy369 hosting it goes on.
                  Someone can,please,to guide me how to fix it?
                  My thanks in advance.
                  Yes - please let us know. If you try to load a 3.13 save, you get the following message, and then when you hit Ok, "Load Failed" and the game shuts down.

I appreciate all the bugs fixed and game improvements made, but please don't tell me we need to so through the double install process, and admin name change nonsense to continue playing the myriad of pbem games out there.
                  Attached Files
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                    Virulent: I believe it is an in-house mod.
                    Thanks. I was just curious considering the large amount of fan-created content that seems to be added in 3.17. I would have been happy with just bug fixes but an extra mod is a nice little bonus, especially considering the long wait between patches.

Speaking of mods does anybody know if 3.17 updates any of the Fan-mods which came with BtS (RtW, RFC and AoI)?

Comment

Thanks, Alexman!

Can anyone tell me the meaning of these two sentences from Alex's update:
                      "No messages about empire splits of players you have not yet met."
                      "Fixed empire splitting bug where a previously-existing civ could be resurrected."
                      I remember empire splits from Civ II, but am unaware of what triggers them in Civ IV.
                      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

This is presumably the same problem as happened at 3.13 (you all remember that, right? )

If you have a save either in MP format (ie, PBEM), or with 'Lock Modified Assets' for a SP game, it will not work with 3.17 unless you remove the Administrative password.

Have someone with a 3.13 install open the save, remove the admin password, and then save the file. Then load it up in 3.17 (it will work fine as no admin password is on the save). Then add the admin password back in, and presto changeo, it will work in 3.17.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
                          Thanks, Alexman!

"Fixed empire splitting bug where a previously-existing civ could be resurrected."
                          I remember empire splits from Civ II, but am unaware of what triggers them in Civ IV.
                          He's talking about giving independence to a colony.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
                            Thanks, Alexman!

By "empire splits", I think he just means granting independence to colonies.

I *believe* this means that if an empire you've yet to meet spins off a colony, you won't get a message about it.

This was a nasty bug fixed in Bhruic's unofficial patch. Basically, there was a chance for a previously-eliminated civ to be re-spawned via colony creation....but all of its previous diplomatic relationships (including wars) were restored, too...so sometimes a newly-created vassal would resurrect a civ that the master had previously destroyed...and, recalling its previous status of war, would declare war on the master.
                            "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

If I have Bhruic's unofficial 3.13 patch installed, do I need to uninstall it before going with this official one?

Comment

NFIH, the patch will replace Bhruic's all by itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X