No announcement yet.

BtS Patch 3.13 - out now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah- personally I think company-bashing is to be expected around patch time- it seems to happen with every game. I think the more it happens, it's a better sign, as it means people are attached to the game.

It's when they are indifferent that you need to worry.

This is why I like the Stardock patching policy- they'll let you play some incomplete patches, but GC2 is a SP-only game so I don't know if that would work for CivIV.

Comment

• I choose to believe we haven't seen alexman or the Tripster here for a few days (well, Trip is lazy on the boards, so it's not TOO unusual not to see him ) because they're flat tack on finishing the patch.

And did you guys SEE the list of things the patch will do? It's HUGE! I think Firaxis wants to get practically everything possible fixed and tweaked with this one huge patch, rather than have 8 or more iterations over a few months - think Command and Conquer 3, which wasn't out that long ago and it's already at v1.08!
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

• Originally posted by Adm.Naismith
        I see your point, but to be fair the last patch (3.03) IMHO messed up the game, so many players want badly to fix things back to a good level.
        I can see your point for the MP community. It's unfortunate 3.03 was a mess-up, and the need to standardize makes it a requirement. For SP, though, 3.02 is still as servicable as ever.

I usually make a point of abstaining from MP with new games/expansions, so I haven't even upgraded to 3.03. But if I were already MPing (or fell prey to Steam autoupdate, etc.) I would probably be more annoyed by the wait, it's true.

Comment

• While it would have been nice to see a fixed version of 3.03, it probably would have held back the "real" patch even more.

It's better to get all of the bug fixes and balance tweaks in a single patch as Firaxis might be too busy to do another patch further down the road.

Comment

• I'm indifferent.

Comment

• I blame Squiddy.

Comment

• The patch is HUGE.
                You could also say that it's actually TWO patches, then the wait hasn't been that long

*ducks*
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I don't flame, I just wait, and check for the patch every few hours in the hopes that it will be available.

I honestly would prefer to see a bunch of smaller patches that fix the problems, as long as they don't add new bugs. I would even be happy if there was just a stand-alone patch to fix the animations that 3.03 broke.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
                    You could also say that it's actually TWO patches, then the wait hasn't been that long

*ducks*
                    Good move. I've missed you just by inches with my Civ BTS box fired at you.

@whitulf: Yes, I had that old joke in mind, when I chosed the exaggerated comparison

@kloreep: I don't play MP, but when the 3.03 appeared, checking the on-line update, I installed it because I usually hope developers and quality testers at Firaxis know their job!

I haven't considered to reinstall back to 3.02
                    I don't want to mess up more any game save: my children will cry if I ruin their save, and I'm a nice dad.
                    "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                    - Admiral Naismith

Comment

• Let's just say I knew Kohan II was a complete disaster when not even the cracking folks cared enough to crack Kohan II's patches.

When you're not even cracked- you know something's wrong.

I'm just glad that I had burned a copy of 3.02 BTS as backup- I figured something would happen someday so I wanted to play it safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
                        I haven't checked lately, possibly the CFC mods cleaned the thread up somewhat. I had only been skimming it lately for the last several days, but it definitely contained all sorts of Firaxis bashing, including direct insults of Alex.
                        This is intended to be purely informative. No posts were removed by the moderators, but they did hand out some warnings before they closed down the thread.

My personal impression was that most of the verbal violence was directed at other posters, not at Firaxis or Alexman. If you have read "The Lord of the Rings", you may remember the incident where Sam discovers that the orc companies of Gorbag and Shagrat have started to fight over the loot and slaughtered each other practically to the last orc. What happened between "whiners" and "fanboys" in that thread was rather similar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Öjevind LÃ¥ng

This is intended to be purely informative. No posts were removed by the moderators, but they did hand out some warnings before they closed down the thread.

My personal impression was that most of the verbal violence was directed at other posters, not at Firaxis or Alexman. If you have read "The Lord of the Rings", you may remember the incident where Sam discovers that the orc companies of Gorbag and Shagrat have started to fight over the loot and slaughtered each other practically to the last orc. What happened between "whiners" and "fanboys" in that thread was rather similar.
                          Thats what it looked like to me I've seen much stronger anti-Firaxis threads here in the past.
                          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Yeah but that's still a bit like saying: Of the 40 bazillion tons of bombs dropped in WWII, most affected civilian-owned targets, while "only" 5 bazillion tons hit military targets, and "only" 1 bazillion tons hit corporate targets.

I mean... there were something like 4,000 posts. So, "most" could still leave 2,999 to smack around Alex or Firaxis.

Anyway, point taken (and I'm not trying to put words in anyone's mouth so please don't take it that way), but nevertheless what bugged me the most was the stuff directed at Alex. He was obviously just being nice and throwing out a bone.

Wodan

Comment

• How about we turn this thread back into a thread about the patch
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Alex is my personal hero (Strat forum to Firaxis... I still think that is SOOOO cool). Trip is, errr, also a hero, but, ummm, less so.

Whatever they deliver, and whenever, is fine by me.

(I'm traveling through most of next week anyway... )

-T
                                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
                                X