BtS Patch 3.13 - out now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SpencerH

One may not need to insult whiners and fanboys (who are equally as irritating) but its almost always worth the time and effort (even when sober).
    I'm not sure I agree, not in this case anyway. I appreciate a good debate as much as anybody, but I'm afraid all that was accomplished (if "accomplished" is the word) was to insult and piss off Alexman.

Wodan

Comment

• Originally posted by SpencerH

One may not need to insult whiners and fanboys (who are equally as irritating) but its almost always worth the time and effort (even when sober).
      That can be done somewhere else, to use your wording. I assume most posters here are anyway smart enough to write proper rebuttals without resorting to being insulting

EDIT: To clarify. I do NOT advocate or condone going to another forum to flame people, whichever group they may belong to. That's not good behaviour.
      Last edited by Solver; October 3, 2007, 18:40.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Originally posted by jbp26
        patches are a boon, not a requirement. theres been plenty of games from big studios with high production values and large fan bases that never see a proper fix.
        Old same masochistic approach, year after year!

Come on, we pay for working products, not for bugged one.
        I can live with minor glitches here and there, but serius problem must be resolved.
        Plenty of bugged games are abandoned by developers because boys don't care to waste money on defective products. Try to sell cars with engine that suddenly stops, and see how many people would ask for your blood.

I agree that improvement in gameplay is not something that Firaxis must do by contract, still it's good practice to add value for customers
        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

• Originally posted by Adm.Naismith
          Try to sell cars with engine that suddenly stops, and see how many people would ask for your blood.
          This analogy falls short because computer games are simply not as important as cars and no where near as expensive.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• maybe tomorrow?
            i am between games right now, burned out on gw, gc2, & nwn2, & really want get back into civ after reading all the nifty fixes in the patch. so im hoping sooner than later.
            like most other peeps here i am also of the persuasion "if it aint ready dont release it". so i will continue to twiddle my thumbs, browse whatever & keep checking in here fairly often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael

This analogy falls short because computer games are simply not as important as cars and no where near as expensive.
              Not to mention, how many cars do you know that use blood for lubricant?

I think that people simply have to accept that not every game on the shelves of their local store will live up to expectations. That they're able to pick a particular game off the shelf and have it run without needing a patch at all is pretty amazing given the explosion in scope and complexity of games in the past decade. The idea of patching games then, is to more closely match the customer's expectations. Unlike vehicular after-sales care, patches are available for free and usually dowloadable meaning that you don't have to take your video game back to the place you got it.
              O'Neill: I'm telling you Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it.

Lose it. It means, Go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in possession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WACKO!

Comment

Fitting to that - does anyone remind the "Comparison of MS Windows with (GM-)cars"?

Anyway - I can wait a little longer for the patch as long as it means it is optimized then.

I currently mainly await the patch because in a MP-Game I play the one who doesn´t host the game suffers the quest-disappearing-bug...

-=] Laws were made for man, and not man for the laws! (~Jesus v. Nazareth) [=-

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver

That can be done somewhere else, to use your wording. I assume most posters here are anyway smart enough to write proper rebuttals without resorting to being insulting
                  Are you implying I insulted someone here?
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Here? No. I took your post to be an insult of some people at CFC, but correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by whitulf

Fitting to that - does anyone remind the "Comparison of MS Windows with (GM-)cars"?

Anyway - I can wait a little longer for the patch as long as it means it is optimized then.

I currently mainly await the patch because in a MP-Game I play the one who doesn´t host the game suffers the quest-disappearing-bug...

That text is near invisible on MoO3 style.
                      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                      The video may avatar is from

Comment

Here? No. I took your post to be an insult of some people at CFC, but correct me if I'm wrong on that.
                        Ahhh....... OK, now I understand what you meant. I didnt think I'd insulted anyone here and I wouldnt want to do so by accident. On purpose is fine, but not by accident.

Actually, I skim read the entire 46 pages and I'm somewhat embarrassed to say that I didnt find any (or very little) of the "incindiery" anti-Firaxis comments that I was led to believe were there.

I recall myself and others giving Firaxis a much tougher time than the "negative" posters at CFC on what appears to be some of the same issues that we had with Firaxis during the CIV3 and PtW times. Most of the juicier comments on the thread were actually just the normal rivalry between the "fanboys" and "whiners".
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• I haven't checked lately, possibly the CFC mods cleaned the thread up somewhat. I had only been skimming it lately for the last several days, but it definitely contained all sorts of Firaxis bashing, including direct insults of Alex.

Comment

Depends on what your needs are at the time, I suppose....

"The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Rather hilarious, since I come here to discuss it, rather than my own forums!
                              Civ4 CFC Hall of Fame: Forums, Rules, FAQ, Tables, Email: hof.civfanatics@gmail.com

Comment

• Hey, I also come to your forums instead of my own for some of the discussion, so I guess we're all square

Comment

Working...
                                X