BtS Patch 3.13 - out now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jkp1187

Yeah, but there's a tendency among certain of their numbers to do nothing but waste bandwidth on childish flame wars instead of actually playing the game.

I certainly haven't seen anything as egregious as that on this forum, much to its credit. These Greek folks run a good forum. Heck, I'm starting to think I should apologize for all those Andreas Pappandreou jokes I told in the nineties....

yikes.

Comment

• Originally posted by jkp1187

Yeah, but there's a tendency among certain of their numbers to do nothing but waste bandwidth on childish flame wars instead of actually playing the game.

I certainly haven't seen anything as egregious as that on this forum, much to its credit. These Greek folks run a good forum. Heck, I'm starting to think I should apologize for all those Andreas Pappandreou jokes I told in the nineties....

I DO hate to be the harbinger of bad news but I dont feel like holding hands and singing kumbayah just yet. Who cares about a 46 (holy ****) long thread at CFC with some dip**** stirring the pot?

If anyone doesnt know that Firaxis are amongst the best and most attentive game developers out there then they can just **** off somewhere else.

Leave the Firaxis-bashing to the pros here at poly. The other sites are just for the young un's.

Semper Fei !

****, maybe its tempus fugit
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Tempus fugit? Time flies?

Comment

• Time flies, Wiglaf. Or literally "time flees."

Comment

• It is kinda sad to see the Firaxis people being chewed out for not bringing the goodness quick enough. :/

All I can say is, this is why we often don't get ETAs on patches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kloreep
              All I can say is, this is why we often don't get ETAs on patches.
              I was rather surprised that an ETA was given, though I prefer to ignore it. The statement was that it was complete, but still being tested. IMO if it is still being tested, than it isn't complete and therefore don't expect the ETA to be correct.

I'm just happy that were getting a patch and don't really care if it takes a few more weeks to complete. The way I see it is that it could be a while before another patch comes out, so I'd prefer they get this one as correct as possible now, rather than have to wait for the next patch after this one.
              Civ4 CFC Hall of Fame: Forums, Rules, FAQ, Tables, Email: hof.civfanatics@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Methos from CFC
                I'm just happy that were getting a patch and don't really care if it takes a few more weeks to complete. The way I see it is that it could be a while before another patch comes out, so I'd prefer they get this one as correct as possible now, rather than have to wait for the next patch after this one.

It will be released when it is ready.

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

• You know i remember much abuse directed at firaxis from this site especially when civ3 was released.

are we pot or kettle then ?
                  A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

• Guys, let's try to keep civil, both towards Firaxis and CFC. Things tend to get nasty when start to post emotional about these subjects.

It would be a pitty if we'd have to remove posts

(On a sidenode, to me **** started to be the equivalent of a swearword. I just read that word when I see the stars. Language has changed....... that's pretty fascinating to see how that works! Is that just me or do you guys read it the same?)
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Kloreep
                      It is kinda sad to see the Firaxis people being chewed out for not bringing the goodness quick enough. :/
                      I see your point, but to be fair the last patch (3.03) IMHO messed up the game, so many players want badly to fix things back to a good level.
                      "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                      - Admiral Naismith

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
                        You know i remember much abuse directed at firaxis from this site especially when civ3 was released.
                        and deservedly so...........

The initial release of Civ3 was terrible. The patches were bad and info from Firaxis was nonexistant. We found bug after bug after bug. Not little ones, game enders. Modders would work on stuff only to find out "oh gee didnt we tell you, thats hard coded."

are we pot or kettle then ?
                        I, for one, was vociferous in my comments. The difference is that Firaxis changed direction (I recall Soren turning up in threads) and listened to our grievances.

Maybe there are serious problems with BtS that I'm not aware of since I dont play as much as I used to but all I have to do is look at the great game elements in BtS that came from our comments and mods to know that Firaxis continue to pay attention to the players.
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

• Doesn't mean you need to insult those who disagree and whine and moan. Posters are capable of making clowns out of themselves with no extra help
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

patches are a boon, not a requirement. theres been plenty of games from big studios with high production values and large fan bases that never see a proper fix.

Comment

I'm looking forward to this patch as well, but I was kind of hoping Firaxis could put it off until after I finish my BTS Tri-League submission.
                              You could always just finish your game and then install the patch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
                                Doesn't mean you need to insult those who disagree and whine and moan. Posters are capable of making clowns out of themselves with no extra help
                                One may not need to insult whiners and fanboys (who are equally as irritating) but its almost always worth the time and effort (even when sober).

Comment

Working...
                                X