No announcement yet.

Expansion 2 news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maps layered on top of each other. The extended original game contained the earth's surface and the surface of a planet orbiting Alpha Centauri. Building a suitable tile improvement allowed units on the tile to travel between the two maps.
    LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

gota to play to realy enjoy multi maps

cities on tera ferma and orbiting cities in one scenario

and underworld scenario

some cool stuff
      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I was hoping someone could answer me a few questions. Will Exp2 include Warlords, like C3C included PTW? Yes, I know it would be impossible to balance it if it didn’t, but I was wondering, will you need the Warlords CD to play the Warlords scenarios? In C3C you could still play the PTW scenarios without putting the PTW CD in.

I'll be grateful for any info or speculation.
        I'm not buying BtS until Firaxis impliments the "contiguous cultural border negates colony tax" concept.

Comment

I could tell, but it would violate the NDA. So, I'm not going to.

I think all you can do is wait.
          Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

Originally posted by proviisori
            I could tell, but it would violate the NDA. So, I'm not going to.

I think all you can do is wait.
            What's an NDA among polytubbies?
            I'm not buying BtS until Firaxis impliments the "contiguous cultural border negates colony tax" concept.

Comment

Originally posted by _BuRjaCi_

What's an NDA among polytubbies?
              I believe it's 3 - 5yrs. but don't quote me.

Tom P.

Comment

Originally posted by _BuRjaCi_
                I was hoping someone could answer me a few questions. Will Exp2 include Warlords, like C3C included PTW? Yes, I know it would be impossible to balance it if it didn’t, but I was wondering, will you need the Warlords CD to play the Warlords scenarios? In C3C you could still play the PTW scenarios without putting the PTW CD in.

I'll be grateful for any info or speculation.
                I expect that we will see a standalone expansion 2 for sale as well as a "civ 4+warlords+expansion 2" box. Warlords may also remain available for sale, but who knows.

If you install expansion 2, it will have it's own executable which will look for the expansion 2 CD/DVD and not the warlords CD, even if you are trying to run a scenario.

For balance purposes, expect that SOME changes from Warlords may be included in the second expansion, but many features from Warlords will not be included.

Comment

Multimaps sound stupid. Leave them for stupid games like SMAC/2
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I don't know about space but I kinda liked colonizing the ocean in CTP. Gave me somewhere to go after I had run out of room on land. You get to that point where you're out of room but everybody's big so you can't just beat them up and take some. So where do you go? The ocean!

Tom P.

Comment

Originally posted by padillah
                      I don't know about space but I kinda liked colonizing the ocean in CTP. Gave me somewhere to go after I had run out of room on land. You get to that point where you're out of room but everybody's big so you can't just beat them up and take some. So where do you go? The ocean!
                      No ocean cities!

Start building tanks and kick some ass!
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Targonis

For balance purposes, expect that SOME changes from Warlords may be included in the second expansion, but many features from Warlords will not be included.
                        That could get annoying. Though it would make Warlords defunct to put all of its features in XP2.

They want everybody to buy Warlords first. Maybe that's why it's taking so long to announce XP2.
                        The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                        "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                        "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                        The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
                          gota to play to realy enjoy multi maps

cities on tera ferma and orbiting cities in one scenario

and underworld scenario

some cool stuff
                          Sorry I disagree. All this pretend futuristic stuff makes the game a joke. I hated that aspect of some of the old Civ franchises.

Also I will not play mods that include them in Civ4.

Keep the world as we know it now - with just a few guessed changes for the future, based on realism. Not underwater cities or space cities. Etc. Etc.

We all know that they will not happen, even though theoretically possible, at least not in the next 200 years or so. Because of politics. cost and commercial rivalrys.
                          "What if somebody gave a war and nobody came?" Allen Ginsberg

"Opinions are like arses, everyone has one." Anon

Comment

It's a sci-fi concept, but it IS a logical progression from current technology so I can see a point to it. One thing I would love to see is teraforming since it IS possible to plant trees and make a forest from plains/grassland if you put enough resources into the project. Just because it's not done in the real world doesn't make it something another civilization wouldn't have done if IT had the technology/resources.

That may be something you just don't think about when it comes to Civilization, that a different culture that ended up in a position of dominance in the world today MAY have pushed different technologies. If The Holy Roman Empire hadn't been a dominant force in the world, things would be VERY different right now.

That is why I feel that the possibility of cities revolting and founding their own civilization might be a good thing if done well, because most nations today were founded by a split from an existing nation, and eventually formed their own culture. This feeds back into Australia and having it be it's own civ discussion.

Going from that concept then, we could look at how cultures and the national borders are computed, because we KNOW that just because a culture may be dominant in an area doesn't mean that area will be a part of that culture. Look at the area along the US/Mexico border, and you would know what I am talking about. The boundaries between nations don't always follow the cultural dominance in an area.

Originally posted by Harrier UK

Sorry I disagree. All this pretend futuristic stuff makes the game a joke. I hated that aspect of some of the old Civ franchises.

Also I will not play mods that include them in Civ4.

Keep the world as we know it now - with just a few guessed changes for the future, based on realism. Not underwater cities or space cities. Etc. Etc.

We all know that they will not happen, even though theoretically possible, at least not in the next 200 years or so. Because of politics. cost and commercial rivalrys.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrier UK
                              Tell that to the Japanese, they're already designing ocean cities. Or at least suburbs. Though they'll float on the water instead of being below as most people seem to expect them to be. I believe they're going to be building one of them in Tokyo sometime soon.

Now space cities aren't quite there yet though.

Comment

I would like to see the addition of technological diffusion. If I have mysticism or agriculture, eventually my neighbors should pick up on it, especially if I have open borders with them.

However, military techs should be "national secrets." For example, Iron Working was to the ancient world what Nukes are to us today. Though that introduces the concept of technological espionage...
                                The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                                "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                                "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                                The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Working...
                                X