Civ4: Omega Expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beatie
    It's unbelievable that the US govt even got something to say in the games bussiness!
    It doesn't, Firaxis just thinks it would generate negative publicity and decrease sales.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker

It doesn't, Firaxis just thinks it would generate negative publicity and decrease sales.
      Yeah. Well, it would be hard to advertise. What, would the cover have Bin Laden on it?
      The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

• Mississippian/Cahoki Mound culture.

Would have been a contender ... but they got fragged by european diseases, probably caught from prisoners they took from the DeSoto expidition.

It would fill the void in North America on Terra maps.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbarrett
          Mississippian/Cahoki Mound culture.

Would have been a contender ... but they got fragged by european diseases, probably caught from prisoners they took from the DeSoto expidition.

It would fill the void in North America on Terra maps.
          Like the Adena or Hopewell. Yeah, Cahokia (Kaskaskia) Mound Builders. I went to Cahokia when I was a kid. Big mounds.
          "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
          "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
          The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

• here we go

a few things i´d like to see.
            -resource ammounts: I think its weird that a gigantic civ can be self sufficient with just one oil.
            -canals: should be a construction project, now it just seems like the early aztecs could have built the panama canal just by placing a city there, same with the suez canal and the egyptians.
            -on map biuldings: like water damns, (creates lake), pipe lines, for oil and gas.
            - trade transports, suply convoys and caravans: so that the subs have alot of work.
            - uranium: you can mine it, but can only use it after certain techs, make manhattan small wonder, so that you have to create a nuclear program to actually develop the bomb, UN vote: cant build manhattan( NPT)
            or better yet "stop your nuclear program (manhattan) or suffer the consequences".
            will think of more latter..

Comment

• Re: here we go

Originally posted by Pardalious khan
              a few things i´d like to see.
              -resource ammounts: I think its weird that a gigantic civ can be self sufficient with just one oil.
              -canals: should be a construction project, now it just seems like the early aztecs could have built the panama canal just by placing a city there, same with the suez canal and the egyptians.
              -on map biuldings: like water damns, (creates lake), pipe lines, for oil and gas.
              - trade transports, suply convoys and caravans: so that the subs have alot of work.
              - uranium: you can mine it, but can only use it after certain techs, make manhattan small wonder, so that you have to create a nuclear program to actually develop the bomb, UN vote: cant build manhattan( NPT)
              or better yet "stop your nuclear program (manhattan) or suffer the consequences".
              will think of more latter..
              I like your ideas. I think it would be cool to be able to have a greater impact on the terrain around you (eg. canals, dams, etc.).

And the UN should have a lot more options (ala SMAC), though I'm sure it's been said loads of times before.

Comment

• OMG what a exelent idea's I've read in this thread! We all should get jobs at firaxis If they listnen to us, they make a lot of bucks (Yes, that is what is all about) and there creating lots of happy faces in lots of cities

I also wants to add a small idea here now:

I think that add great people to a city should not be possible anymore. Instead they should stay alive and kicking. Example, you should be able to let a GS work in a city, so that you can let it work somewhere else when needed. Same goes with great Artist. Perhaps you can make a city very happy if you put your Elvis Presley to that city. Great People deserves great and long lives I think

Perhaps if you conquer a city with GP, you get that GP, same as workers? And a great General should be give some usefull to do with lots of units in the field.
                Last edited by Beatie; October 23, 2006, 21:16.
                Civilization is a game where man dominate a fictive world.. woman does it for real

Comment

• Here's an idea for a new wonder:

Teotihuacan's Pyramid of the Sun - eliminates x-number of unhappy citizens (via sacrifice)

Last edited by Alexander I; October 23, 2006, 22:51.

Comment

Working...
                  X