This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Patch Status? Anyone Know?

OK, we were told it was coming, that final QA was delayed, BUT that it would be coming Real Soon Now.

So, WHEN is Real Soon Now?

We've had the Warlord announcement. That's June (or later). Where's the patch?

Getting antsy,

smacfan

Shh! Every time someone mentions the p-a-t-c-h they delay it by a week.

Man, I sure hope they fix the combat animations.

Comment

Originally posted by Strategist83
      What exactly is wrong with them, they look fine to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

What exactly is wrong with them, they look fine to me.

In that case you aren't going to war often enough.

Marines and other units doing amphibious attacks have about a 50% chance of disappearing while the combat zooms in, for a start.

Comment

Even though I don't mind them taking the time necessary to make a proper patch I do think that the lack of information is appalling.

They should take a hard look at what Stardock is doing with Galciv 2 regarding information. Why can't they just make a statement saying they have problems with the patch and have to do further work on it? And a simple list of fixes should not be that hard to release after several months of waiting. That would certainly make me a much happier customer.

Comment

I posted news about the new patch, but my thread was deleted
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

repost in this thread. could you pm me your info? & how good is it?

Comment

Originally posted by mike2h
                repost in this thread. could you pm me your info? & how good is it?
                It was an April Fools joke. Which is exactly why it was deleted, to prevent that some poor suckers would actually fall for it...
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by gdpdht
                  Even though I don't mind them taking the time necessary to make a proper patch I do think that the lack of information is appalling.

They should take a hard look at what Stardock is doing with Galciv 2 regarding information. Why can't they just make a statement saying they have problems with the patch and have to do further work on it? And a simple list of fixes should not be that hard to release after several months of waiting. That would certainly make me a much happier customer.
                  In one way I agree, but think of it: After such long time, what would happen if Firaxis said "it's coming in X days", and when the day came they said "sorry mac, we got some random problem". People would be everything but happy then, I can assure you.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Strategist83
                    Shh! Every time someone mentions the p-a-t-c-h they delay it by a week.

patch patch patch patch patch patch patch

I hope it will be soon. We really need to get that MPDG going.
                    Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

I believe we'll see a patch before the end of this year, so nothing to worry about
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Flamer(fin)

patch patch patch patch patch patch patch

I hope it will be soon. We really need to get that MPDG going.
                        Damn, there goes my summer vacation.
                        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai

In one way I agree, but think of it: After such long time, what would happen if Firaxis said "it's coming in X days", and when the day came they said "sorry mac, we got some random problem". People would be everything but happy then, I can assure you.
                          I did not ask for a release date, only a listing of fixes. Why all the secrecy? I am sure they have a confirmed list of fixes at this point.

Comment

Sometimes fix lists / readmes for patches get released, but I've never seen anyone do it more than a day or maybe two in advance of the release. The reasons are obvious for anyone who has ever worked in IT .
                            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I know that changes can occur at the last minute and such...but a provisional list of fixes (or what they aim to fix) should be possible to release. Stardock releases list of beta patches fixes on their forums every week at the moment, and that does not hurt anyone IMO. It just shows their dedication to the game. I am sure that Firaxis is equally determined to supply us with a quality product, which they have for the most part.

I assume that the patch mostly will contain fixes to cosmetic bugs and perhaps some small game balances. If this is the case, I just find it strange that it takes this long but I guess that this also has something to do with priorities.

Comment

Working...
                              X