Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It only seems counter-intuitive. It's actually best to blatantly group a set of mods rather than just keep adding mods and hope none of them interfere with each other.

Tom P.

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio

I believe for most part, it wont be a problem, with mods that are very different. With your mentioned mods, I don't think it would be a problem (though we'll first know for sure when it's released)

In cases where two mods have something in common, e.g. if one makes a mod where the AI can create nukes, while another one makes a mod that makes the AI better at wars, then it could have some side effects when using both mods
      Since we're talking about one dll as far as I know, it will be a problem. Combining will take combining the source code and recompiling the dll.

Comment

Originally posted by padillah
        It only seems counter-intuitive. It's actually best to blatantly group a set of mods rather than just keep adding mods and hope none of them interfere with each other.

Tom P.
        That would be the best solution, and as Solver said, the most popular mods will be added together to one big mod, to avoid problems
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Well before you make DLL there will be C++ code.
          So it's best for moders to share their sorce code, not just put DLLs for download.

That way it would be much easier to combine more parts, especially if they don't modify same part of Civ4.

Comment

Thanks for your explanations.Not easy.One more question,please.Let us pretend I have one mod installed.So,is it I have the current civ4 in one place and civ4+mod in another place?or is it something like chosing large or standart map to begin a game?Or?
            My thanks in advance.
            Best regards,

Comment

Originally posted by fed1943
              Thanks for your explanations.Not easy.One more question,please.Let us pretend I have one mod installed.So,is it I have the current civ4 in one place and civ4+mod in another place?or is it something like chosing large or standart map to begin a game?Or?
              My thanks in advance.
              Best regards,
              You know, this is a real good idea.

There colud be a Main Menu option to play with the AI mod or not. Since the AI and mapping information hasn't been loaded yet (and is precompiled, unlike the Python), that shouldn't be difficult.

I like that. But it'll probably be an all or nothing type deal. If you want to "un-mod" your civ you'll have to quit and remove (or hide in some way) the mod DLL.

Tom P.

Comment

The existing mod system works for DLLs as well. Just put it in a mod folder and at the start of the game you can go to Advanced > Load Mod and load any mod you want (whether it's an XML, Python or SDK mod, or (likely) a combo of several or all of those).
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Yup, a very good solution it seems to me. If it's one thing Civ4 is, it's mod friendly.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Ok gentlemen,

I want my nuclear submarines back with their Ticonderoga AEGIS Cruisers back and off course cruise missiles back.

In addition let me add A10s, a real air transpor like C 130 and inside CVs I would like 8 air units.

Everything moddable in terms of strenght and movement.

--------Of course IN ADDITION to existing units,non in substitution,and the AI has to able to use them gladly ------

If someone can make that for me I can buy Civ IV and Pay Pal this man a couple of beers for sure.

Gunter

Comment

Originally posted by Gunter
                      Ok gentlemen,

I want my nuclear submarines back with their Ticonderoga AEGIS Cruisers back and off course cruise missiles back.

In addition let me add A10s, a real air transpor like C 130 and inside CVs I would like 8 air units.

Everything moddable in terms of strenght and movement.

--------Of course IN ADDITION to existing units,non in substitution,and the AI has to able to use them gladly ------

If someone can make that for me I can buy Civ IV and Pay Pal this man a couple of beers for sure.

Gunter
                      If I'm not mistookded, most of this is doable in Python... except for the CV's carrying 8 air units. (BTW what's a CV?)

Tom P.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunter
                        Ok gentlemen,

I want my nuclear submarines back with their Ticonderoga AEGIS Cruisers back and off course cruise missiles back...
                        We know that by now

Comment

Originally posted by padillah

(BTW what's a CV?)

Tom P.
                          You are right, CV and CVN of course.

Gunter

P.S. : here Tom you see details

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                            The existing mod system works for DLLs as well. Just put it in a mod folder and at the start of the game you can go to Advanced > Load Mod and load any mod you want (whether it's an XML, Python or SDK mod, or (likely) a combo of several or all of those).
                            So, I (still knowing nothing of computers) can have civ4, and civ4 Loc.calendar date, and civ4Sol.calendar date, and... (if you are kind enough to do it and share it).
                            And just,by going into a game menu,chose any of them and play? If so, both a great engenier' work and very good to the players.
                            Best regards,

Comment

The Civ4 main menu gives you the Load a Mod option. Basically, you'd download a mod, install it as per readme instructions, and yeah, then you go to Advanced > Load a Mod and see the choices of "Locutus Lemur mod", "Solver crash-your-PC mod", etc. Just click the one you want to play and that's it, no conflict, and you can have as many as you want on your PC.
                              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Thank you.
                                Best regards,

Comment

Working...
                                X