Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Canary26

Tower Of London has its appeal, but it was built by the French
    Not really. It was built by the Normans. France wasn't truly united back in the 1000s. The Normans operated independently of the French king and were descended from Viking settlers.
    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by Harrier UK

Wembley Stadium is either a Future Tech Building or an obsolete wonder. It should therefore be +1 unhappiness.

Replace Manchester United with David Beckham for the +1 commerce.

Just look at the differance in merchandising sales last year between the clubs Beckham played for.

Also:

Beckham playing for a club = +1 happiness.
      Beckham playing for England = +2 unhappiness.

Posh getting her tits out: +3 happiness

Comment

+3 vomit you mean
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Poor old posh, all that money and still no one likes her.
          The Sherrin Foundation
          Captain of the Concordian Armed Forces, Inspectorate of the MoD Term VI

Comment

Originally posted by James
            Poor old posh, all that money and still no one likes her.
            So is she worried - crying all the way to the bank.
            "What if somebody gave a war and nobody came?" Allen Ginsberg

"Opinions are like arses, everyone has one." Anon

Comment

Can we get back on topic please?
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Yea!
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

So if you capture an enemy city with their special civ specific wonder/building or whatever should you get to keep it, or should it get destroyed as national wonders do?

Comment

Well as it is Civ specific - it should be destroyed.

The question is; should the Civ. be able to rebuild it, in another city? Or should it be destroyed forever - like a wonder that is destroyed?

Comment

hmmm, good question.

I didn't realize that national wonders were destroyed and couldn't be rebuilt. That sucks. I guess if they already do it that way that they'd continue that with the unique buildings.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

National wonders can be rebuilt IIRC should your city containing it fall or be destroyed.

A Civ specific wonder - I think it should stay if an enemy captures the city but they should get no benefit from the wonder and it should be important for the civ that lost it to get it back, perhaps enduring some penalty for loosing such a national treasure until they reclaim it.

If the wonder is razed they should not be able to rebuild it, but the civ that lost it gets no penalty. That would perhaps give incentive for the invader not to raze the city. But then again I don't recall the AI ever razing a city unless it was too small to begin with.

Was it ever decided if they are doing civ specific wonders, or buildings...or both?

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                          hmmm, good question.

I didn't realize that national wonders were destroyed and couldn't be rebuilt. That sucks. I guess if they already do it that way that they'd continue that with the unique buildings.
                          I was refering to World Wonders being destroyed. I think National Wonders can be rebuilt, though I have never lost one so can not be 100% about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver14
                            National wonders can be rebuilt IIRC should your city containing it fall or be destroyed.

A Civ specific wonder - I think it should stay if an enemy captures the city but they should get no benefit from the wonder and it should be important for the civ that lost it to get it back, perhaps enduring some penalty for loosing such a national treasure until they reclaim it.

Was it ever decided if they are doing civ specific wonders, or buildings...or both?
                            If it is a wonder I agree that would be a good Idea. If it is a building, it should be destroyed and be able to be rebuilt in another city.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrier UK

Wembley Stadium is either a Future Tech Building or an obsolete wonder. It should therefore be +1 unhappiness.
                              Or else it has special, unique rules, whereby the materials cost increases each turn while it is being built.

We could also have a Millenium Dome Wonder (which would be the only wonder with an upkeep cost, but doesn't actually do anything, and being a wonder can't be sold or demolished).

Comment

or while you're constructing Wembley (whose build time lengthens as you go along) you can borrow someone elses stadium type edifice - maybe one with a retractable roof

Comment

Working...
                                X