No announcement yet.

Patch v152 out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the Bink Video settings in the *.ini file be tweaked to stop the intro and movies skip? If so, which ones? Thanks.
    Virginia Tech Hokies--->GO HOKIES!!! TechSideline.com

Comment

• HI guys,

So, V1.52 is out. Well, it didn't work for my daughter's computer.

From the very first day I bought Civ4, when I try to run the game, it states 'Init File Catalog', then 'Checj XML', then 'Init MP/Voice' and the program crashes.

The problem is, it seems, with the computer's Realtek ALC860 integrated soundcard.

I tried:

The V1.09 patch;
      The V1.52 patch;
      I downloaded the latest Windows XP, Realtek, Intel etc. etc. updates;
      I contacted take2games support several times and are unable/unwilling to help
      I even checked CivFanatics

Imm at the end of my (small) computer resources.

Any help? -Please-
      The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

• Does the problem always occur at the same point when loading the game?

You say the problem seems to be with the soundcard. Does disabling it before loading help at all?

Comment

• My only 'problem' with this patch is that I constantly assume Marathon speed is the fastest, and I have to restart.

Yeah, sure, it's in the logical order, but dammit, Marathon was a fast game. Confusing at times (especially Infinity) but fast.

Comment

• Scumbag?

Will I get banned if I call you by your nickname?

Comment

• Does anyone have a zipped version of this patch? I'd like to download it, but not with my dialup connection.
              Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHateMale
                Does the problem always occur at the same point when loading the game?

You say the problem seems to be with the soundcard. Does disabling it before loading help at all?
                Yes and

no

Comment

• Originally posted by JackRudd
                  Does anyone have a zipped version of this patch? I'd like to download it, but not with my dialup connection.
                  the file doesen't get through...
                  Last edited by Mountain Sage; January 13, 2006, 15:05.

Comment

• *writes out 100 times:

I must not use pronouns without making it clear what they refer to
                    I must not use pronouns without making it clear what they refer to
                    I must not...*
                    Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackRudd
                      Does anyone have a zipped version of this patch? I'd like to download it, but not with my dialup connection.
                      2kgames has it on this page:

or the current direct link:
                      Check out SmartMap: my ultra flexible map generator for civIV.
                      http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=147547

Comment

• Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Sage
                          HI guys,

From the very first day I bought Civ4, when I try to run the game, it states 'Init File Catalog', then 'Checj XML', then 'Init MP/Voice' and the program crashes.

The problem is, it seems, with the computer's Realtek ALC860 integrated soundcard.

I tried:

The V1.09 patch;
                          The V1.52 patch;

Any help? -Please-
                          do you have the latest DirectX installed? There is a version on Microsoft's site that came out in Decebmer 2005. Make sure your sound drivers are compatible with DirectX 9c as well. This could be the problem.

If you don't mind shelling out some cash, buy one of the soundblaster cards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Sage
                            HI guys,

I tried:

The V1.09 patch;
                            The V1.52 patch;

Any help? -Please-

You could try turning off as much sound as possible in your civ4config. Try the following:

; Enable/disable background music
                            PlayMusic = 0

; Enable Audio
                            AudioEnable = 0

Make sure you only have one of each in your config file. Then maybe you can play, even if it is not the full experience for now.
                            Check out SmartMap: my ultra flexible map generator for civIV.
                            http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=147547

Comment

• MS: Do you a spare PCI slot? If so, you can pick up a cheap sound card.

Comment

• My game works WORSE with the new patch. Now I have to run at a lower graffics level, and the wonder movies still crash my game. I want an option to turn them off. The religion movies just have shadows instead of the relics.
                                I don't know what I've been told!
                                Deirdre's got a Network Node!
                                Love to press the Buster Switch!
                                Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

Working...
                                X