No announcement yet.

Patch v152 out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That only happened to me when going for a cultural victory, which meant I had a small score. It was really embarrassing.

Comment

• Is it strategic at all when it gives free tech? I sometimes give a free tech to someone on the other side of my continent so they can help me crush a civ between us.

Comment

• I think the AI just does it because the programmers wanted you to stay in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHateMale
          Is it strategic at all when it gives free tech? I sometimes give a free tech to someone on the other side of my continent so they can help me crush a civ between us.
          I'll give techs like railroads to weaker civs, that they'll build up their infrastructure; saves me having to do it after I conquer them.
          For some the fairest thing on this dark earth is Thermopylae, and Spartan phalaxes low'ring lances to die -- Sappho

Comment

• I am quite pleased with the fixes in 1.52 - lot of work in a fairly short time; shame "whoever" pushed it out the door in such a beta state was allowed to.

One issue that still appears to be there, when a conflict occurs between 2 units, often the 2 units will stop animating or just fall over. No biggie, just a niggling error/bug.

Also (have not seen the comment - but that don't mean too much...) does any one else get a kick out of Leonard Nimoy's voice on the quotes?

A long time trekkie and life long Spock fan, I really like his great delivery. Shame some of the quotes are so lame " beep..beep..beep" - come on guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by robtheailean
              One issue that still appears to be there, when a conflict occurs between 2 units, often the 2 units will stop animating or just fall over. No biggie, just a niggling error/bug.
              dead soldiers tend to fall over and stop moving

A long time trekkie and life long Spock fan, I really like his great delivery. Shame some of the quotes are so lame "beep..beep..beep" - come on guys!
              imho that's one of the few good quotes. most others are just dull bible or literature quotes.

i like henry ford's assembly line comment: "you can have the model in any colour you like - as long at it is black"
              - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
              - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                Maybe the Police State civic? Curfews, summary excecutions... Though, real democracies have taken and held cities without fearing for flip...
                Iraq has more-or-less flipped out of coalition hands. Kosovo is flipping out of NATO hands, Afghanistan was never entirely under US/NATO control - so just looking at the last three conflicts, it's fair to say that 'democracies' don't necessarily retain control of their conquered domains.

Comment

• Originally posted by sabrewolf
                  imho that's one of the few good quotes. most others are just dull bible or literature quotes.

i like henry ford's assembly line comment: "you can have the model in any colour you like - as long at it is black"
                  I like the Bible and litterature quotes, and especially compared to the plain dumb and annoying "beep...beep...beep..." and "I fooled you, I fooled you. I got pig iron, I got pig iron"...
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai

"I fooled you, I fooled you. I got pig iron, I got pig iron"...
                      ...I got pig iron, I got pig Iron, I got aaaall pig iron...

RIAA sucks
                      The Optimistas
                      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus

Iraq has more-or-less flipped out of coalition hands. Kosovo is flipping out of NATO hands, Afghanistan was never entirely under US/NATO control - so just looking at the last three conflicts, it's fair to say that 'democracies' don't necessarily retain control of their conquered domains.
                        I always thought that was a goofy comment as well.

Democracies, by their very nature, aren't meant to HOLD cities. They are meant to deliver the cities into the hands of the people.

The last democracy that took, and held, territory was the Spanish-American War (which started in 1898, as it turns out, by accident... it was a faulty boiler and bad ship design that led to the Maine exploding), which gained the US Cuba, Puerto Rico, Philippines, and Guam. Of which only Puerto Rico and Guam remain US territories, so 50/50.

Also, despite the contriversy to the contrary, America did not attack Iraq or Afghanistan or Kosovo to CAPTURE. It attacked the LEADERS to overthrow. So, they actually have succeded in that regard.

(not that we had any business doing it, but that's ostensibly what they were for. My appologies to anyone offended by lumping Iraq in with Afghanistan and Kosovo, but those were the examples presented.)

Tom P.

Comment

• Originally posted by sabrewolf
                          Is there any evidence that Ford actually said this?
                          Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Comment

• I like most of the quotes. I think the delivery is very wooden though for most of them. It's like Leonard Nimoy was just reading out words with no comprehension about what they mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackRudd

Is there any evidence that Ford actually said this?
                              According to The Henry Ford... no.

Tom P.

Comment

• "It's like Leonard Nimoy was just reading out words with no comprehension about what they mean."

I don't think so, most of the early (meaningful) quotes he says with reasonable feeling - but Napoleon's quote about steamships "I have no time for this nonsense!" was delivered perfectly and with lots of the right disdain in his voice.
                                The problem with the later so called quotes, is that they are not "quotations" as such, but snatches of pop songs and silly noises - how much much emotion can you put into beeping noises?

Comment

Working...
                                X