No announcement yet.

Patch v152 out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New patch works fine on my machine. But sadly, they haven't fixed the "disappearing mouseover stats" problem--sometimes, when negotiating or choosing techs/items to build ina city, the mouseover data just doesn't come up. It's inconsistent in its failure, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by yin26 But it's silly to play hide the sausage anymore.
      Especially if we are talking about Civ4 bugs.
      Not indentified == not fixed.
      As simple as that.

Comment

• Patch has helped my game play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rommel2D

A 'code editor' that reconstructs C++ source code from an executable binary?

...and those fools at the CTPII project waited for Activision to release the code...
          Yeah, he made it himself too.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
            MS: Do you a spare PCI slot? If so, you can pick up a cheap sound card.
            This is what I did, and it even worked!

Well, in fact I did the following:

1. Contacted a computer-freak friend and told him 'me problem, you help?'

2. He came, punched in and out of lots of programs, updates, downdates, dated a nice girl in between and after a few hours told me 'you have soundcard problem'.

3. After I kicked him on the head several times and yelled 'I know, me not stupid' he...

4. ... brought me a verrrrrry old used and battered soundcard (well, this is what he told me this greenish bit of computer part was...)

5. He asked me 'you have screwdriver, I fix' and started gutting my poor old computer

6. After an unholy amount of time, he told me 'you play, it works'

7. Before that, I lit a candle to the ACG (Almighty Computer God) and did (you never know) a typical Swiss raindance (in January, it fell as snow...).

Result: Civ 4 is running!

If only some of you could answer me this simple question: whas it because of my raindance?
            The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

• Your welcome.

Comment

• i tried installing patch but it says it cant find any version of civ 4 on my computer ????
                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• oh well looks like no civ4 palying for me.. the game just keeps crashing from startup screen to a FATAL ERROR screen and i cant get the patch to install as it thinks i dont have the game?

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: 152 crashes

Originally posted by thamer

Let me know how it goes.
                    Also, the MS error reporting is the only way we can get crash dumps (thru their system), other than people sending it to us manually. That's why I suggested it. I understand your concerns though.
                    just an idea -

why don't you try to initialize the client e-mail, attach the dump and send to xxxx@firaxis . You leave it to the client to send, if they want to or discard (so it is not that they have to) but this would give you a lot of client dump files directly.

ATI does something similar too for their driver crashes. Certainly something you could add in the next patch.
                    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputin
                      i tried installing patch but it says it cant find any version of civ 4 on my computer ????
                      I got an error but it installed anyway.

If it doesn't for you then reinstall Civ4 from scratch and just install the latest patch.

Comment

• tried the reinstall the whole thing , but stil lwont work.. i cant get the game to play, it wil lget to the opening menu and you can select single player , multi etc.. i can eve nget to options to check for lateast updates. it tells me none is avaialble, version number is 1

But the patch still thinks the game doesnt exist..

Comment

• Can you play without the patch or with an earlier patch?

Comment

• no as i said it wont play the game on this machine...

it wil lonly let you g othrough the first few menus. then you click launch and it does its dr spock voice over and eventually crashes the computer.

oh well must be time to get a new laptop

Comment

• Post your specs. It's a demanding game.

Comment

• not sur eit my work computer so probalby not as good as my old home one which is in for repair.

i get a new laptop in March ..

any suggestions for specs to get in the new one?

Comment

Working...
                                X