Walkthrough by Sullla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grumbold
    Good third episode, but I wish he would stop teasing. I want to read it all asap!
    I know what you mean...but at least it's something new to look forward to each day while I wait for my own copy.

I think it would also be interesting if Sulla (or someone else) would go into a little more detail about that "tease" at the end of the third episode where he talks about playing the advantages of the different traits.
    If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
      Arrian sighting!

Hey old chap, how are you?
      Pretty good. Although posting here - and coming back the next day (!) - may be a bad sign.

How about you?

On topic: the people who beta tested this game were pretty fanatical about strategic choice, so those who are concerned about cookie cutter strategies should be pleasantly surprised. As with nearly any game, there are probably strategies that will work a high percentage of the time on a given difficulty level, map type and civ choice.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
        Pretty good. Although posting here - and coming back the next day (!) - may be a bad sign.

How about you?
        Considering, that I got the game already now and have a 4-day weekend ahead (Sat/Sun, Mon vacation and Tue holiday), I couldn't feel better.

I hope to see you back on Apolyton on a regular basis - so having you posting is not a bad sign at all.

Comment

4 days... :drool:

I'm debating whether or not to get the game right away. Initially, I said I would wait a couple of weeks for the initial bug-fix patches to come out. But the urge is kicking in hard...

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

But the urge is kicking in hard...

You know you won't be able to resist, so why bother!!

Good to see (back? )
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Heavens, a couple weeks to wait for bugfixes and patches, that demands quite some self-discipline! Unless you're a member of some masochistic sect, that is.

Comment

You know you won't be able to resist, so why bother
                I resemble that remark.

-Arrian

Comment

Part 4 finally up: http://www.kalikokottage.com/civ3/su...v4_walk_4.html

I can't believe I stayed so late for this. Stupid no-Montreal-Civ4-making-me-crazed-for-any-tidbit-of-news.. still, I like Sulla's writing style, so it makes it a good read.

Comment

Ah, booted up the home PC and read it before breakdast. Great stuff, but now how do I fill the rest of my day?
                    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

I hope I don't get similar starting point as Vicky on that game. That would be really unfair.

It would have been quite interesting to see how Sullla could cope is situation like that.

And it seems like mostly ignoring the power of the great persons would be a stupid strategy.
                      Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

This is so unfair! My juices are really flowing now and I've got to wait til Christmas to get my copy. I don't know about you but I just want to be able to swoop into the screenshots and take a closer look at everything!

Laughing through Civ 4 deprived adversity

Steve
                        I do not live in London, I live in South London. South London is different, a warm melting pot where everyone can become a bona fide South Londoner by virtue of two things. One: living in South London, and two: having no aspiration to live in the Cotswolds.

Mark Thomas

Comment

I resemble that remark.

-Arrian
                          Shortly after posting this, I left work, went to the store, and purchased Civ4. I went to bed sometime after 3am but before 4am. It is now just shy of 9am. Ouch.

Note to self: NEVER purchase a new game on a worknight!

-Arrian

Comment

The walkthrough is great. I'm posting the URL at Wargamer to shut up a certain twerp.
                            Jim Cobb

Comment

Shortly after posting this, I left work, went to the store, and purchased Civ4. I went to bed sometime after 3am but before 4am. It is now just shy of 9am. Ouch.
                              Yay! Arrian's onboard!
                              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Great to see ya, Arrian.

Maybe it's just as well it's not released yet over here. I'm on Wedding Duty this weekend so wouldn't be able to play it anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X