Walkthrough by Sullla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could have put your copy to good use while you were busy
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

wow, this 3rd and 4th section really eased my mind. it truly seems as if it is well balanced and no (currently known) strategy is overpowered.

for instance my scepticism about later religions have been considered: 1 free missionary for the later faiths!! i just wished people had told me 2 days ago when i was half freaking out
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

I'm on Wedding Duty this weekend so wouldn't be able to play it anyway.
        Your wedding? Forgive me, my memory is as bad as ever. If so, congrats! If it's a friend's wedding, err... congrats to them.

My first game is nearly at the end (I'm in 1920AD, IIRC, and am researching things like computers). I played on Warlord, just to get a feel for things w/o facing a real challenge by the AI. Tanks against pikemen and whatnot, you know.

Something I'm going to have to get used to is that there is simply so much you *can* do that you really cannot do it all. I must learn to prioritize better and pick a path, rather than going with the kitchen sink approach.

-Arrian

p.s. I've already lost a Tank to a pikeman Granted, it was a beat up tank (IIRC, slightly over 1/2 strength) attacking a pikeman fortified in a civ's capital. I can just hear the wailing and nashing of teeth now "but, but, but that SHOULDN'T HAPPEN!! EVER!!1 SCREW THIS GAME"
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Your wedding?

Someone else's. My GF and I are happily not married.

Nice to see you claim the first tank loss to a pikeman, Arrian. Congrats. An impetuous strike, perhaps? I expect you had some more tanks nearby.

I like the sound of the 'so much you can do' aspect. It suggests plenty of strategic options. I also like the not-needing to check the 'F4' for rival tech progress early on, as you can't trade anyway. Now the early techs mean more than just a chip to get in the tech loop.

Comment

I think this thread should be stickied, for those of us who don't have the game yet.
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Part Five is out!

Sorry, Disk Killer... You're probably too busy playing the game anyways! (Or sleeping)

Comment

Er... you pay for the Malaians to do war for you, and the very next turn they cry for help???

That should NEVER happen! Bad Firaxis, bad! Whatever Malaians need as payment for war, they should have asked for in the begining, not charging us and then blackmail us!

Don't you agree guys? At LEAST three turns of "silence" before demanding help in any way?
                "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

It's quite sensible for Mali to ask help. That's a bit annoying, but then it's the player's choice to actually help them, so from Mali point of view it is very well done. Good ai imo. Though having an option like "I won't be able to help for X turns" could be nice, without such an option, I think it's a nice behavior.
                  Clash of Civilization team member
                  (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                  web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Hmm, with the immediate turn around it feels wrong. I'd have looked for a fairly costly "lets declare war together" option alongside the really expensive "go it alone" one. If you've paid them to go to war, they really ought to make a bit of an effort before crying mommy. Otherwise its implying they didn't like the deal they just made.
                    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

• part 6 is up!

War against Gandhi.
                      Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• Nice stuff. I hope Sulla has more to talk about after the game ends, I've got used to my daily fix of Civ news and the there is still another 5 days before Civ hits the shops in the UK.
                        H.Poincaré

Comment

• ...and there it is. Interesting final section. It looks like the diplo victory is going to be a challenge to achieve with even good friends not always voting for you.
                          H.Poincaré

Comment

• for the lazy:

Great work Sulla.
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Argh! server not responding... catastrophe!

Comment

• Works for me.
                                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                                X