No announcement yet.

Ask Apolyton Anything about Conquer the World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two answers to rusty nail then a question of my own.

1 I do believe that attacks take place on after another. That is one player completes his turns and attacks, and then the following player gets to attack. As you can see there could never be a situation where two players try to move into the space as once, as only one player can move at a time.

2 Correct me if I am wrong but I think if there is no army in the space, you simply start the scenario with no free military.

As for my own question. I seem to remember seeing a list that showed all the things you got at the start of a scenario depending on your territory strength. Anyone know where it is? I thought it came with the manual, but I might have just dreamt it.
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

On question N2 - I'm almost positive that having an army there gives you your, well, army to defend with, otherwise you only start with a city and citizens.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I was wondering if there a way to move a formation of say infantry backwards(retreat) while still facing forwards? I think there is, but I cant remember how. Thanks in advance, peace.
        "We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction."
        -Gen. Douglas MacArthur
        ~HAIL CAESAR!~

Comment

Ctrl + down arrow

(read the hotkey listing in options, shows tons of useful commands)

Comment

Having played one game of the CtW campaign on moderate difficulty, in my opinion the game ends much too soon at 29 turns. Does anyone else think that's an odd design decision? It doesn't give you much time and it forces you to go straight for the capitals right away to win. They should've at least given you an option to stretch out the time periods so you don't reach modern age so soon. It would also allow you to take your time and use more strategy. I read Tim's explanation that it would make the game too easy to extend the ages and make the game last longer. The only reason I can see this would occur is if the strategic AI is very weak, because the AI would then also have more time to take over the map.

Comment

Somewhere in the mod forum (and the news archive of Apolyton) someone explains on how you can make it take longer before the next age arrives (9 turns).

Comment

Originally posted by Mythrandir_SSTW
                Somewhere in the mod forum (and the news archive of Apolyton) someone explains on how you can make it take longer before the next age arrives (9 turns).
                Thanks for the tip. I'll try to hunt down the mod.

Comment

Thanks Myth! Ill be sure to check that hotkey listing.
                  "We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction."
                  -Gen. Douglas MacArthur
                  ~HAIL CAESAR!~

Comment

[SIZE=1]

As for my own question. I seem to remember seeing a list that showed all the things you got at the start of a scenario depending on your territory strength. Anyone know where it is? I thought it came with the manual, but I might have just dreamt it.
                    In the strategic view, in the lower left corner, you have a "rules" button.

Comment

• Wonders in ctw - How to?

Hey all,

Im playing as Russians in ctw and trying to get some Wonders happening.

I know that you either have to:

a) Capture an existing Wonder; or
                      b) Play a Wonder Card

(a) is not a hassle, im moving on egypt which holds the pyramids ;-) But how do you get wonder cards? Just keep buying cards and eventually they come up?

I also knocked out Turkey early on, and captured his empire, which included India. The bonus card for India is listed as a Wonder card - but I did not get that card, only the Turkish Oath of Fealty Card. How can I get that card? Just move an army to India? Or lose India and recapture?

Thanks

Comment

• You get wonder cards from capturing territory with a wonder card as it's bonus, or buying cards until a wonder comes up (i've had it happen a few times).

I believe the wonder cards keep showing up over the game, 1 for every wonder in that age. Once you have a wonder card, simply double click it when your on the main CtW screen. It will give you a list of wonders and then where you want to place it.

To capture an exsisting wonder you need to capture the territory where it resides (and see to it that it is not destroyed).
                        "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
                        - UberKruX

Comment

• You have to capture directly the territory with the wonder card. Capturing the capital of the nation who owns it won't do the trick.

Comment

Working...
                          X