No announcement yet.

Most Favourite Civ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALL THE CIVS ARE DAMN GOOD! MY HEAD almost exploded trying to figure out what civ was the best!

Comment

I never really grew out of the TBS way of playing games. For my purposes, I find the Chinese are a good nation. Their speed for creating citizens and merchants/caravans is good for micromanaging infrastructure, and the size of their cities usually means it's harder to successfully raid them, as they get a little breathing space to rustle up a defense force.
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I have mostly played Egypt and I really really like them but I believe the Bantu are going to win out in the end. Why? Because the Bantu are strong early allowing a good defence to be developed and the huge end game army is very difficult to counter unless you've got the Colossus. The Colossus isn't that hard to destroy. In my current game I built the Colossus and have a 300 pop cap. That should be interesting later on...
        The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Anatole France

Comment

Will have to go with the Aztecs they seem to fit my style of play the best, killing and then some more killing.

Comment

I like the Romans.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Finally! Someone voted for the Aztecs!
              "War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."

Comment

I like alll the nations, especial if you center around their strengths. YOu make your tactics go with the strengths.

Comment

after some more playing I would like to change my vote (french) to maya. They are great, especially in CtW games.

Comment

The Inca. Who cares about glorious unique units when you can have completely tasteless amounts of wealth long before the Modern Age?
                    Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

You can do the same with the British...

So far the big three are the Brits, Russkis, and Germans.

An offensive/defensive/economic triad.

Weird... you think that one type would rule out but not...
                      "War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."

Comment

Of those three, only the Germans have any early game attack possibilities at all, due to their buffed heavy infantry. The British and Russkies lack any good economic boosters (or unique units) to make them worthwhile before ages 5-6, so you'll have to defend for circa four ages before being able to truely join the fun.
                        Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

british unique infantry/archers are great. You can attack early with them.

Comment

Turks Civilisation

Comment

Originally posted by iamlod

Sorry, am I missing something...?
                              A long long time ago, when Apolyton forums' were in uBB (it's now vB[ulletin]), a spammer - uh... intensive user - called Stefu (long time no see mate, where are you?!?) created a poll where he filled the first 4 options with his ouw choices, and filled the rest (16 options in total) with "Banana".
                              Now, I don't quite remember if there was a bug in the forum or if he thought he had to fill all the options in the poll, but for some reason you had 12 "Banana" options for you to pick.
                              From then on, you just *HAVE TO* have a Banana pick as the last of your options, wich is quite handy actually, for those who don't have an oppinion in a certain subject but would like to know how the voting in a certain poll is evolving.
                              ...and then for the trolls as well.
                              "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                              Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                              Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                              Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Working...
                              X