No announcement yet.

Most Favourite Civ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egypt...gotta love the starting granary w/ free upgrades & +10% commerce cap; in addition to the +2 wealth/farm and 7 farms/city. They're the food train early on. (Japanese are good too, but they don't get as many bonuses as Egypt.) The wonder bonuses are pretty sick, too; 1 age earlier, 2 per city, 25% less. If you don't build wonders as egypt, there's something wrong with you. Colossus/SoL/ToT/Pyramids <== who cares, I'll probably get a couple. Their UU's are cool as well and are there at the pivotal point of the game (III-V) (though I tend not to use em too much, go figure).

Comment

Originally posted by Suciu
      Romans all the way. Maybe I'm just a n00b who relys too much on their sweet, SWEET, UUs (heavy inf that counters heavy inf too), or maybe its because I like to mess with my opponents mind with spies and generals, and I do it with romans faster, or maybe it's because I rely too much on forts for defence. I love them.

I think that Romans' national bonus are a bit unattractive..
      The Romans get no economic bonus except for a 10 gold city which is actually not much if you compare it to Egypt,Chinese,British,French,Japanese economic bonuses
      10 % cheaper and faster creation heavy inf is an average bonus as you dont mass produce heavy inf as much as light inf and cavalry,the fortress bonus is ok but Russian's border bonus looks more attractive

Roman's overall national bonus isnt quite attractive I think......
      Last edited by Fayadi; July 1, 2003, 08:18.
      "The east wind shall prevail the west wind" Mao Tse Tung

Comment

Roman's cheaper fortress = strong border push. Very unique style. You can get fortress at ancient age to boder push. No civ can do that.

Comment

And who wants to border push in ancient age with fortresses? You have to develop 2 military researches to build fortresses (If I'm not mistaken). I'd rather develop something else at the start of the game then depend on some castles! Why don't you border push with some Cities/Temples, and as soon that you hit clasic/military 2 build some fortresses close to the border?
          Pain is of no subsequence to me, for you cannot kill what cannot bleed!

Comment

Acutally, Ctulu, the Romans can build Forts/Towers from the start of the game without researching any Military technology (I don't know why it's not explained in any documentation, but it still is true). Thus, the Romans can do a good border push early on. Build the second city and then build the fort on your new borders. Of course, this is very wood intensive (the first Fort is 281 Wood, 75 Wealth), but if done well, your forward base can be right on top of your enemy (in a 1v1, at least).

Comment

that is VERRY interesting, thanks for the tip then !
              ....and yes, you're absolutely wright!! just checked it, mmmm, but the price is high early on, even with a cost reduction. Cities influence borders more, but thanks anyway. And I thought the russians were the only good defenders with free attrition
              Last edited by Ctulu; July 4, 2003, 01:14.

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                I don't have a favorite, I play as random... now where's that option
                me to
                The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I still have to play as a bunch of nations, but of the ones I've played, I like the Turks the best, with the British in 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by Ctulu

aaaah, another lost soul, emigrate to Belgium man! Best beer in the world!!
                    Come on man! There's more to life than computer games and beer-! Whoa... sry 'bout that, guess I'd better get another pint.

-Lod

Comment

cheers m8 ride:
                      and any1 who thinks Heineken is good, it's just expensive pi$$ . Try Stella, or Maes, or Jupiler, or Palm, or Duvel, or .... (this list can go on and on and on...) . All Belgian beers!!!

Belgium, even though it's VERRY small, has 117 breweries, and had 24.383 pub's and about 1547 different beer's

Officiële website van de stad Antwerpen met online dienstverlening (e-loket en afspraken maken), praktische informatie (contactgegevens en openingsuren)...

Comment

And that's why I loooooove the Mayans...

Comment

Dropped back after several successful games playing the Aztecs, and I'm shocked that nobody's picked them. (not even me, but I voted before I played them )

In a combat-oriented game, the Aztec bonus when killing enemy units is terrific. I found myself playing a much more aggressive style than usual just to get the bonus resources, and man did it pay off.
                          Last edited by Azrikam; July 15, 2003, 11:46.

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                            Yeah, we're missing the Banana option... how can somebody actually make a poll without it
                            Sorry, am I missing something...?

Comment

I don't think they are the best, but the Russians sure are damn fun to play.
                              Bust out a few early cities, get a tower up and some light cavalry and you can boom away safely. Then stockpile oil when it becomes available and invade with a force of T-80's, Katyusha Rockets and Shock Infantry (Not to mention the ever-essential nuke or 2)

Comment

Originally posted by iamlod
                                Sorry, am I missing something...?
                                The Banana is the most famous option in the history of Apolyton... It's used as a "I don't care" or "I don't know" option, and mostly it's written into something that has to do with the thread, in this case where it's about nations, you could have the banana option called "The Banana Republic"
                                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X