Most Favourite Civ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Favourite Civ?

Strange nobody has started on this topic yet...
    There were a lot of question like this in the Civ III forum.
    My Favourite civ is Turkey,why?

33%cheaper citizens-Produce more citizens to jumpstart the economy.This is effective as you probably can have more citizens than your opponents

+3 range and +3 LOS-Deadly Siege units throughout the game.Wait till Information Age when you see the Rocket Artillery with 28 range!Rocket Artillery with 28 range is more powerful than late game's Leopard Tanks or Jaguar Assault Infantry

200% faster assimilation-Great bonus,capture city 3 times faster.Enemy's counter-attack capability reduced due to Attrition and you can gather your damaged units right at the City you have just attacked.No wasting time pulling your troops to heal them

2 siege units per factory-Very practical for siege rush as siege units are expensive.Just build additional Wagon and you can attack.Better bonus than Aztec's and Mongol's free units.It is recommended to build more than 2 factories to take full advantage

33%cheaper military research- Nice bonus,easier and faster to upgrade units
    Aztec
    3.18%
    Bantu
    8.92%
    British
    10.19%
    Chinese
    6.37%
    Egyptian
    5.73%
    French
    6.37%
    German
    13.38%
    Greeks
    1.91%
    Inca
    3.82%
    Japanese
    3.18%
    Koreans
    6.37%
    Maya
    4.46%
    Mongols
    1.91%
    Nubians
    1.91%
    Romans
    2.55%
    Russians
    12.74%
    Spanish
    1.91%
    Turks
    5.10%
    Last edited by Fayadi; June 25, 2003, 22:45.
    "The east wind shall prevail the west wind" Mao Tse Tung

Fear me and my xtra cities and Hawk/Eagle fighters!
    "War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."

Comment

i like the chinese best. once you get used to instant civs, merchants and caravans, it's REALLY hard to do without. but in fact: i don't really have a favorite. all of them are easy to play and all of them have great advantages!

Comment

I don't have a favorite, I play as random... now where's that option
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Current fav is the French, just because supply wagons heal units, and I'm too lazy to garrison them.

But I still haven't played all the civs yet, so I expect this will change.

Comment

Koreans right now. Tomorow? Don't know.

Comment

I don't have a favorite, I play as random... now where's that option
              love it , and why not combinations of 2 nations, and 3, and 4..... , and don't forget to include "None"
              I bet if Denmark was a nation in RoN you wouldn't play RandoM (except if they had crap bonuses)

PS: just kidin' m8

As 4 my vote, I voted Nubian (I'm probably the only 1 who would vote for them), their wealth and merchants ROCK!!! And they have probably the best archer's!!!
              Second choice would've been French, growing more and more fond of them, especially their Cav/supply wagons. Not to forget the speed/cost bonusses 4 siege, and their movement bonus!

Aaah crap, starting do regret my first choice..... , naah forget it, give me a n00bian any time
              Pain is of no subsequence to me, for you cannot kill what cannot bleed!

Comment

Originally posted by Ctulu
                I bet if Denmark was a nation in RoN you wouldn't play RandoM (except if they had crap bonuses)
                At present time I have one least favorite nation... if DK would become a nation, then that number would be doubled...

There's a reason why I want to get out of here, you know!

Comment

There's a reason why I want to get out of here, you know!
                  aaaah, another lost soul, emigrate to Belgium man! Best beer in the world!!
                  Pain is of no subsequence to me, for you cannot kill what cannot bleed!

Comment

I also vote random. I guess I'm still discovering the game (playing random civ on random standard map with 3 random tough opponents), and it's fun to have to change play style according to the cards you are handed.

edited for spelling
                    The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool happen.

Comment

You said favorite civ, so I voted Mongols. Mounted troop discount + 50% attrition is like starting with a free Statue of Liberty. I get to a quick Military 2, build 3 Stables (which means 3 Horse Archers apiece), and cause some trouble. Also a good civ to hone your micro skills with, raiding and taking care of home at the same time.

Comment

i tend to play with japan, korea, or germany. i like building before killing.
                        B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Ctulu
                          aaaah, another lost soul, emigrate to Belgium man! Best beer in the world!!
                          I hate beer...

There's too much beer in this country already...

Comment

I prefer the Egyptians. They get 7 farms and they produce wealth so you get a nice little bonus there. You don't always have to expand like mad into a non-practical part of the map just to get more cities/resources.
                            Along with building 2 wonders per city, and getting the oppertunity to build wonders one age earlier is a life saver. Basicly if your a competent Egyptian player, and you want a Wonder, you don't have much competition, you want it, you'll get it .

Disadvantage - no late game unique military units.
                            If you can't Dazzle them with Brilliance, Baffle them with Bull****.

Comment

For Mother Russia!
                              Time to take out the trash. You know its easy but it seems harder every time you try and think about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X