Why is 'Poly covering RON?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColdFever
    Didn't you notice? The "Conquer The World" mode in RoN is a classic TBS game (what a great idea to embed RTS into TBS).
    to be fair though didnt the total war series (shogun and Medieval:TW) already do that - and with a strategic TBS of more depth - i think the excitement over RON is based on the RTS aspect of the game.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Toooooooo Old

OK. I give. What is I33t, anyway?
      Many are cold, but few are frozen.No more durrian, please. On On!

Comment

Or for that matter:

j00 r 4|| n00bs h00 sUx0rs, I M a l33t h4x0r, I 0wnZ0R 4t R0N!!1 ph34r My M4D 5KilL5, doODz!!!1`
        Is this some obscure Inuit programming language or something?

Comment

I'll give it a try ,

"j00 r 4|| n00bs h00 sUx0rs, I M a l33t h4x0r, I 0wnZ0R 4t R0N!!1 ph34r My M4D 5KilL5, doODz!!!1`"

You're newbies
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

If Alan Greenspan spoke h4x0r:

Similarly, Google: http://www.google.com/intl/xx-hacker/

But this is the winner, go to this site and translate blocks of text into h4x0r!!

\/\/17|-| 7|-|15 700| \-/0|_| (4|\| 83(0|\/|3 7074||\-/ 6r055 && 637 7|-|r0\/\/|\| 0|_|7 0|= |\/|057 4|\|\-/ 0|3(3|\|7 |=0r|_||\/|.
            i · b · a = 3 · i · e ^ μ

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
              Not that I care if you are trolling, but:

without something called, uh, thought or development is the definition of trolling. I'm sure you do think the game is lame, but if that's all you have to say, please move on. If you want to say something intelligent about the game's 'lameness,' however, we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Until then, a troll you shall remain.

Now here is the pot calling the kettle black! Just check the old CIV3 posts to see what I mean.

Anyway.......RON is fun. It does deserve to covered on apolyton because no where is it written that a "Civ style" game has to be TBS. It is much closer to Civ than AOK or EE, but it still lacks enough that it not as fun as CIV1/2/3.

Just my opinion. All have a voice. Even Yin
              Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Orignally posted by ACooper
                Now here is the pot calling the kettle black! Just check the old CIV3 posts to see what I mean.
                Care to explain??
                Now one can be for, neutral or against something, but what's important is thereasons why so. So o please do explain what you mean and what your opinion is and why?

(I'm still building my opinion, since have so many different gamemods untested.)

Comment

As I recall, Yin was quite vocal in his disdain of Civ3 upon its release.
                  Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

I don't think Yin was the only one being vocal in his disdain of Civ3 upon release.

Comment

Yeah, sure Yin was disappointed about Civ III, as were many others too.
                      But, that wasn't the point in my understanding.

What was asked is that one would motivate why one (dis)likes RoN.
                      Just saying it's lame isn't enough.

Played on weekend with 3 AI nations on huge map on Though level - boy I had to really work for my living. (Though castels are good early protection together with attrition research ) So I somehow seem to be playing RoN more than I originally thought, but still I dislike the haste one has all the time. (Goddam I gonna get kicked good - if I ever take a MP session )

Comment

Yep, Jeje has it right. If you think the game is lame, give some reasons. Otherwise it's trolling. Sure, I've had bits of trolling in my day, but it was usually part of a much larger smear campaign involving all kinds of hijinks. So I guess the moral here is:

If you insist on trolling, at least entertain us in the process!
                        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Originally posted by wilebill
                          Let us quit lying to ourselves and admit that true TBS players only like RON because of its turn-based CTW game, which was intentionally designed to be as little fun as possible ... like all other turn-based games.
                          ctw is composed of a series of rts sessions. you cant like ctw if you dont like the rts part

This is why AOK, AOM, and (shudder) StarCraft and WarCraft III are not on Apolyton: nothing like CTW in them and they are too much fun to play. Can't have that! Spoils the digestion.
                          first of all we dont cover a game just because it's out there. we do it firstly because we have the time/resources to do it in some proper way. then we do it cause we like the game or we think we'll like the game. you could say that we took our chances covering ron before even seeing it. ron is the first rts i can play for hours, so afaik we won the bet
                          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

.. and I bought it *because* you covered it. Figured it had to have something that AoK etc didnt - I was correct and I am enjoying this game immensely
                            EU questions? try here:-

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by uglyduck
                              .. and I bought it *because* you covered it.
                              i'm always.... frightened when people say stuff like that. glad it worked out ok for you
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I didn't buy it because you were covering it, but certainly my attention was drawn to it because you cover it.

Comment

Working...
                                X